- Town demolishes veteran's house while he has surgery Updated: Nov-28-15 11:15 am
WEST HEMPSTEAD, New York - When a U.S. Navy veteran traveled from Long Island to Florida for a knee replacement, his house was the last thing on his mind. But now his memory of it is all he can think about.
- Death row inmate fights for hip-replacement surgery Updated: Nov-27-15 5:28 am
EDDYVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky death row inmate has renewed his request for a federal court order requiring the state to arrange hip-replacement surgery for him.
- Huckabee recovering after knee surgery in Little Rock Updated: Nov-25-15 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is recovering after undergoing knee surgery Wednesday, a spokeswoman said.
- Vietnam's transgender say new law paves way for surgeries Updated: Nov-25-15 2:46 am
HANOI, Vietnam - Gay and transgender activists in Vietnam say a new law recognizing their rights will pave the way for gender reassignment surgery in the communist country and reduce discrimination.
- $386,000 judgment awarded to man who lost testicle Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who sued a hospital after losing a testicle following vasectomy surgery has been awarded $386,000 by a judge.
- Born with no voice & low odds, boy talks with new voice box Updated: Nov-23-15 10:55 am
Grant Hasse was born with two very rare conditions - one that's usually fatal, the other that should have left him unable to talk.
- Hospital: Conjoined twin girls successfully separated Updated: Nov-19-15 4:03 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doctors at a Kentucky hospital have successfully separated conjoined twin girls.
- NC State guard Terry Henderson has ankle surgery Updated: Nov-19-15 1:06 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State officials say that guard Terry Henderson has had surgery on his injured right ankle.
- Texas leading rusher Foreman to have finger surgery Updated: Nov-18-15 8:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas tailback and leader rusher D'Onta Foreman will have surgery on his right pinkie and his status is uncertain for the Longhorns' next game against Texas Tech on Thanksgiving, coach Charlie Strong said Wednesday.
- Plastic surgeon convicted of diverting millions in earnings Updated: Nov-18-15 6:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey plastic surgeon has been convicted of diverting millions in corporate earnings for his personal use, costing the United States nearly $3 million in tax revenue.
- $2M awarded to man who had surgery on wrong side of brain Updated: Nov-18-15 5:24 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The family of an Arkansas man left in an impaired state after an operation on the wrong side of his brain has been awarded $2 million by the state's claims commission.
- Big study suggests steep drop in needless heart procedures Updated: Nov-09-15 5:23 pm
CHICAGO - Fewer heart patients are getting inappropriate angioplasties, a new study suggests.
- Promise seen for wireless pacemakers placed without surgery Updated: Nov-09-15 4:33 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Researchers are reporting encouraging results for a new generation of pacemakers - miniature, wireless ones that can be implanted through a leg vein without surgery.
- South Carolina backup G Cliney out after hand surgery Updated: Nov-06-15 1:30 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina reserve guard Doniyah Cliney will have wait a bit longer to start her college career after undergoing surgery on her right hand Friday.
- Study: Teen obesity surgery benefits last at least 3 years Updated: Nov-06-15 11:01 am
The largest, longest study of teen obesity surgery shows huge weight loss and health gains can last at least three years, and many say it's worth the risks.
- US Rep. Takai schedules cancerous tumor surgery next week Updated: Nov-03-15 9:24 pm
HONOLULU - U.S. Rep. Mark Takai says he will have surgery to remove a small cancerous tumor in his pancreas next week.
- USC receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster has surgery on broken hand Updated: Nov-03-15 5:16 pm
LOS ANGELES - If JuJu Smith-Schuster's recovery from hand surgery keeps him out this week, Southern California has several receivers eager to fill his starring role.