- Air France workers on trial for assaulting executives Updated: May-27-16 3:10 am
BOBIGNY, France - Air France union members are facing trial over a violent protest against job cuts that left two executives fleeing under police cover with their shirts ripped off.
- Man found guilty in fatal shooting of Dodge City woman Updated: May-27-16 2:58 am
DODGE CITY, Kansas - A man charged in the 2014 fatal shooting of a Dodge City woman has been found guilty of second-degree murder.
- Man accused in harassing calls to former teacher sentenced Updated: May-27-16 2:53 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A 51-year-old man accused of making harassing phone calls to a woman living in Livingston County who was his teacher has pleaded guilty.
- 3 Cambodian commandos jailed for attack on legislators Updated: May-27-16 2:35 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian court on Friday convicted three military commandos of beating up two opposition lawmakers outside the parliament last year, and sentenced them to one year each in prison. The legislators' lawyer called the punishment too lenient.
- Woman convicted in death of former co-worker in Fort Worth Updated: May-27-16 2:19 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - A woman charged in connection to the death of a former co-worker who was beaten, bound, strangled and set afire has been found guilty.
- Churchgoer charged in Sunday service slaying headed to trial Updated: May-27-16 2:12 am
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia church member has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he shot a fellow churchgoer to death after the victim became verbally disruptive during Sunday services and punched the man in the face.
- Man sentenced in death of Talala man found along highway Updated: May-27-16 2:00 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A man charged in the death of a Talala man who had been missing has been sentenced to life in prison.
- NY caregiver gets probation for sex abuse of disabled woman Updated: May-27-16 12:24 am
ALBANY, New York - A 58-year-old former caregiver has been sentenced to six years of probation and will register as a sex offender following his guilty plea for sexually abusing a disabled woman in western New York.
- Woman gets 60 years for abusing infant twins, 1 of whom died Updated: May-27-16 12:03 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings woman who abused her 10-week-old twins, one of whom died in 2014, has been sentenced to 60 years in prison.
- UH Hilo wants new hearing officer for Thirty Meter Telescope Updated: May-26-16 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - Lawyers representing the University of Hawaii's Hilo campus want a different hearing officer to oversee construction permit proceedings for the Thirty Meter Telescope.
- Lawsuit alleges Bears' practice field uses stolen tech Updated: May-26-16 10:47 pm
CHICAGO - The developer of an artificial playing surface has filed a lawsuit against the installer of the turf at the Chicago Bears practice facility, accusing the company of using stolen technology.
- Appeals court returns 1972 infant death case to Belleville Updated: May-26-16 10:47 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - An Illinois appeals court has overturned a lower court's decision to dismiss a first-degree murder charge against an Indiana man in a 1-year-old boy's death more than 40 years ago.
- Former Pinckneyville bookkeeper sentenced in fraud case Updated: May-26-16 10:45 pm
BENTON, Illinois - A 53-year-old former bookkeeper for a small southern Illinois fire protection district has been sentenced to prison for defrauding taxpayers of more than $444,000.
- California to dismiss $1.4M fine against irrigation district Updated: May-26-16 10:38 pm
FRESNO, California - Water regulators Thursday recommend dismissing a historic $1.4 million fine issued at the height of California's drought last summer against a group of Central Valley farmers accused of taking river water that didn't belong to them.
- The Latest: Telescope hearing officer explains UH mediation Updated: May-26-16 10:31 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the request by University of Hawaii's Hilo campus to replace the hearing officer overseeing Thirty Meter Telescope proceedings (all times local):
- Mystery remains after arrest in killing of Florida professor Updated: May-26-16 10:09 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - After an investigation spanning nearly two years, a South Florida man has been arrested in the killing of a well-known Florida State University professor.
- State Supreme Court upholds refusal to turn over jury notes Updated: May-26-16 9:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Supreme Court rejected a death row inmate's attempt to access prosecutors' notes on jury selection on Thursday.
- Special election certified, Ducey signs proclamation Updated: May-26-16 9:01 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Secretary of State Michele Reagan on Thursday certified the results of a special election on school funding and police and fire pension measures.
- Jury sides with Google in battle over Android software Updated: May-26-16 8:54 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's Android software just dodged a $9 billion bullet.
- Man accused of plotting to join Islamic State testifies Updated: May-26-16 8:47 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minnesota man on trial for plotting to go to Syria to join the Islamic State group testified Thursday that he thought about leaving the United States because he could feel the government closing in, but said he had no real plan and believed a scheme to get fake passports for the journey was a bad idea.
- Towns in Texas, Arizona are battlegrounds in bathroom debate Updated: May-26-16 8:34 pm
HARROLD, Texas - An unlikely battleground over whether public schools must allow transgender students to use the bathroom of their choice is taking shape in two tiny towns in Texas and Arizona, neither of which currently enrolls anyone who is transgender.
- California high court rejects challenge to juvenile sentence Updated: May-26-16 8:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a challenge to a criminal sentence of 50 years to life for a juvenile convicted of murder who argued that the punishment violated a U.S. Supreme Court decision because it was the equivalent of life without parole and required by law.
- The Latest: Teen girl's kidnapper gets 45-90 years in prison Updated: May-26-16 8:23 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - The Latest on a New Hampshire man who kidnapped a teenage girl and repeatedly raped her during nine months of captivity (all times local):
- Man admits kidnapping, raping teenage girl; gets 45-90 years Updated: May-26-16 8:21 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A man who kidnapped a 14-year-old girl when she accepted his offer of a ride home from school because her feet were sore, held her captive for nine months and raped her repeatedly at his trailer acknowledged his crimes on Thursday and apologized. The girl, who was in court to hear his admission, thanked him for eventually letting her go.
- California court tosses murder conviction in bite-mark case Updated: May-26-16 8:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court Thursday threw out the conviction of a man found guilty of killing his wife after jurors heard bite-mark testimony that was later recanted.