- Newspaper loses court ruling on school records request Updated: Feb-06-16 4:11 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state district judge has ruled against the Wyoming Tribune Eagle in a lawsuit over access to public records.
- Chicago officer sues estate of teen he shot, claiming trauma Updated: Feb-06-16 3:50 pm
CHICAGO - A white Chicago police officer who fatally shot a black 19-year-old college student and accidently killed a neighbor has filed a lawsuit against the teenager's estate, arguing the shooting left him traumatized.
- Bill would require courts to tell abusers to give up guns Updated: Feb-06-16 3:29 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Judges would be required to inform domestic violence abusers they are prohibited from possessing firearms, under a measure coming before Maryland lawmakers.
- Ashland couple pleads not guilty in baby son's death Updated: Feb-06-16 2:46 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - An Ashland couple has pleaded not guilty to killing their 3-month-old son.
- Jury awards $5.7M to victim of Irvine drug-planting couple Updated: Feb-06-16 2:27 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County couple was ordered to pay $5.7 million for planting drugs in the car of a former PTA president in a failed bid to have her arrested.
- 2 puppeteers held in Spain for allegedly praising terrorism Updated: Feb-06-16 2:10 pm
MADRID - A Spanish court has ordered the detention of two puppeteers for allegedly praising terrorism during a performance in Madrid.
- Pueblo municipal court judge resigns Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 pm
PUEBLO, Colorado - A former Pueblo Municipal Court judge has resigned after a confrontation with a court employee.
- Kansas student newspaper sues administrators Updated: Feb-06-16 1:49 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The student newspaper at the University of Kansas has filed a lawsuit accusing university administrators of approving funding cuts to the newspaper that were enacted after an editorial critical of the student Senate.
- Man takes 12 ½-year deal after self-defense claim rejected Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 pm
GREENWOOD, South Carolina - A man has been ordered to spend 12 ½ years in prison after taking a plea deal in a fatal shooting at a Greenwood nightclub.
- Snowplow schemer to get parole in western New York case Updated: Feb-06-16 1:36 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A man behind a snowplowing scam that victimized over 200 people in western New York has been granted parole.
- Mentally ill man who killed wife won't get her pension Updated: Feb-06-16 1:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - A man who was found not guilty of his wife's death by reason of mental insanity will not get her pension under a judge's ruling.
- Westerfield man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:23 pm
LE MARS, Iowa - A Westfield man has pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a young girl.
- 2 men convicted of trying to kill deputy during robbery Updated: Feb-06-16 1:04 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A jury has convicted two Kansas men of attempted murder and other charges for allegedly shooting a deputy sheriff several times while robbing a convenience store last March.
- Man returned to Iowa after 16 years on lam sent to prison Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A man who fled the country 16 years ago to avoid prosecution for sexually abusing two girls has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Iowa man accused of tossing tomatoes at Trump to stand trial Updated: Feb-06-16 12:54 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City man accused of throwing two tomatoes at GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump will stand trial in the case.
- Lockport triple murder trial delayed for fifth time Updated: Feb-06-16 12:52 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The first-degree murder trial for a man accused of stabbing a Lockport woman and her two daughters has been delayed for the fifth time.
- Man gets 42-year state prison sentence for fatal shooting Updated: Feb-06-16 12:48 pm
PLAINFIELD, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a man who fatally shot another man after they argued at a northern New Jersey restaurant has been sentenced to 42 years in state prison.
- 1 of 2 defendants pleads guilty in slaying of teacher Updated: Feb-06-16 12:45 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - One of two defendants charged in the slaying of an elementary school teacher during a burglary of her central Pennsylvania home has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and other charges.
- Former parking facility manager gets prison term for theft Updated: Feb-06-16 12:34 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - The former manager of a southern New Jersey park-and-ride facility is headed to prison for stealing nearly $150,000 over three years.
- Gun dealer gets 2 ½ years for selling weapons to felon Updated: Feb-06-16 12:08 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Prosecutors say a gun dealer has been sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison for selling guns to a felon who was barred by law from buying them.
- Man gets 13 years for rising from wheelchair to shoot friend Updated: Feb-06-16 11:58 am
GASTONIA, North Carolina - Prosecutors say a fight after a day of drinking led a man to stand up from his wheelchair and shoot and kill his longtime friend in Gastonia.
- Judge won't let man withdraw plea in pregnant wife's slaying Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man who admitted strangling his pregnant wife during a fight that involved the baby's paternity has lost his bid to withdraw his guilty plea in her slaying.
- Prosecutors allowed to appeal Walker recall probe ruling Updated: Feb-06-16 11:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has allowed three district attorneys to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court over a closed, secret investigation into whether Gov. Scott Walker's campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups during the 2012 recall election.
- Defense to seek federal review of ruling in 2004 slaying Updated: Feb-06-16 11:33 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A defense attorney says he will ask a federal judge to review a state Supreme Court ruling allowing prosecutors to seek the death penalty in the retrial of a man charged in the murder of a woman in central Pennsylvania more than a decade ago.
- Pierce County dad gets 70 years for infant's beating death Updated: Feb-06-16 11:19 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Pierce County man has been sentenced to 70 years in prison for beating his 2-month-old daughter to death in their DuPont home.