- Kansas City-area groups seek to increase investment funds Updated: Jun-01-15 5:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City-area organizations dedicated to fostering startups in the region are planning to increase investment funds to help establish small businesses.
- Cousins say Atlantic City loan program provided no funds Updated: May-30-15 3:44 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two cousins say their plans to build a car wash eventually went down the drain after they sought funds from a company that Atlantic City's former mayor gave $3 million to run a loan program that has yet to make a loan.
- Survey: Minority-owned businesses face loan obstacles Updated: May-21-15 2:51 am
NEW YORK - Minority businesses have a harder time getting bank loans than small companies in general, according to a survey released Thursday by Wells Fargo & Co. and the polling company Gallup.
- Loans, taxes, regulations on small business election agenda Updated: May-20-15 6:20 am
There are no "one size fits all" issues for small business in the 2016 presidential campaign. While candidates try to appeal to all small businesses, many owners want very specific things. A sample of what's on the agenda of some individual owners, and two small business advocacy groups:
- Small businesses in Idaho eligible for emergency loans Updated: May-17-15 3:10 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Small businesses in a handful of counties in southern Idaho are now eligible to apply for low interest federal loans to help offset the costs of prolonged drought.
- Judge orders fine for Iowa widow who split up bank deposits Updated: May-13-15 4:01 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - An Iowa widow who admitted to illegally splitting up bank deposits of her late husband's legally earned cash must pay a $2,500 fine in addition to giving up nearly $19,000 the IRS seized from her account, a judge ruled Wednesday.
- Disaster loans for NY businesses hit by 2014 floods Updated: May-12-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - New York businesses affected by last year's flooding could be qualified for disaster loans.
- Disaster loan outreach center to open in Lee County Updated: May-06-15 2:19 am
JONESVILLE, Virginia - The U.S. Small Business Administration is opening a disaster loan outreach center in Lee County.
- Otter to lead businesses on trade mission to Peru, Mexico Updated: May-04-15 3:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter will lead a group of Idaho-based business leaders on a weeklong trade mission to Peru and Mexico next week.