- Jury returns $20 million verdict in medical malpractice case Updated: May-19-16 5:27 pm
GADSDEN, Alabama - A jury in northeast Alabama has returned a $20 million verdict against a local rehab hospital.
- Powell hospital files for bankruptcy to deal with lawsuits Updated: May-17-16 4:33 pm
POWELL, Wyoming - Officials say the hospital in Powell has sought bankruptcy protection in response to about 20 lawsuits over surgeries performed by an orthopedic surgeon who used to work there.
- Lawsuit: Failure to identify condition lead to man's death Updated: May-17-16 2:00 pm
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A medical malpractice lawsuit alleges that a 54-year-old man died after at least five doctors at a northeastern Pennsylvania health system failed to identify an internal hernia.
- Medical malpractice lawsuit in Joan Rivers' death settled Updated: May-12-16 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - The family of comedian Joan Rivers, who died days after undergoing a routine endoscopy at a New York City clinic, has settled a medical malpractice lawsuit against the facility, the family's attorneys said Thursday.
- Parents of painkiller overdose victim suing Reno doctor Updated: May-09-16 3:58 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Reno doctor at the center of a federal investigation into an illegal prescription drug ring is being accused by the parents of an overdose victim of ignoring their warnings and continuing to increase the strength of their son's painkiller dosage right up until his death.
- Sheriff looks into jury tampering claim after Iowa verdict Updated: Apr-29-16 5:02 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Investigators confirmed Friday they are looking into an unusual claim of jury tampering in a medical malpractice trial in which University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics recently avoided millions in damages.