- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- Don't get Grinched by cybercrime during the holiday season Updated: Nov-28-15 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Online fraud spikes during the holiday shopping season, as people searching for the perfect gifts take to cyberspace and head to traditional stores armed with their smartphones.
- Nonprofit creates special iPhone app for homeless Updated: Nov-27-15 4:57 pm
DALLAS - A shower. A meal. A place to sleep. Those basic needs come to mind when most think of the homeless.
- Airborne laser technology helping to map New Hampshire Updated: Nov-27-15 11:24 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Even though New Hampshire is covered by trees, little details like cellar holes and old stone walls have been recorded with the use of new airborne technology.
- Danish teen suspected of online threats next to video Updated: Nov-27-15 10:37 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - A Danish teenager has been ordered held in custody for three weeks on suspicion of posting online a video, purportedly made by Islamic extremists, and comments deemed threatening to others.
- Attorney general warns consumers about credit card fraud Updated: Nov-27-15 7:36 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With the Christmas shopping season underway, New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster is warning consumers to remain guarded against credit card fraud, even as more secure credit card technologies become widespread.
- Private investigator booked after illegal use of GPS tracker Updated: Nov-27-15 5:40 am
GRETNA, Louisiana - Police have arrested a private investigator accused of illegally installing a tracking device on a vehicle.
- Japan ready to submit proposal for Australia submarine deal Updated: Nov-26-15 9:34 pm
TOKYO - Japan is set to bid on joint development and production of an Australian submarine, Tokyo's first major military transfer since the World War II.
- Nevada researchers trying to turn roadside weed into biofuel Updated: Nov-26-15 10:47 am
RENO, Nevada - Three decades ago, a University of Nevada researcher who obtained one of the first U.S. Energy Department grants to study the potential to turn plants into biofuels became convinced that a roadside weed - curly top gumweed - was growing along the road to the future.
- Owner of docked Nova Star ferry seeks vessel's release Updated: Nov-26-15 10:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The owner of the docked Nova Star ferry that ran between Maine, and Nova Scotia, asked a federal court to release the vessel so it can be put to work elsewhere.
- Denmark's Bang & Olufsen considering takeover bid Updated: Nov-26-15 10:10 am
HELSINKI - Consumer electronics company Bang & Olufsen says it's in talks over a potential takeover bid, sending its shares surging more than 30 percent.
- Students get hands-on experience with Stryker mobile lab Updated: Nov-26-15 9:03 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Students at high and low levels got hands-on experience recently with some of the medical devices designed and produced by Kalamazoo-based medical technologies company Stryker Corp.
- Polish experts analyzing data concerning alleged Nazi train Updated: Nov-26-15 7:33 am
WARSAW, Poland - A Polish mining academy says its experts are analyzing data gathered from a site allegedly hiding a Nazi train, which local lore says is laden with gold.
- California demands fixes for 16,000 more VW cars Updated: Nov-25-15 5:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - California air quality regulators on Wednesday demanded a recall of up to 16,000 additional Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche diesels as the Volkswagen emissions scandal widened.
- Yahoo's CEO is running out of time to turn things around Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Marissa Mayer's nearly four-year attempt to turn around Yahoo needs a turnaround itself, repeating a pattern of futility that has hobbled one of the Internet's best-known companies for the past decade.
- How to make sure your green home upgrades pay off Updated: Nov-25-15 4:34 pm
Investing in making your home more energy efficient can help the environment, lower your utility bills and possibly help you fetch a higher sale price.
- Alabama man sentenced for illegal Internet gun sales Updated: Nov-25-15 4:13 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Montgomery man convicted of illegally selling firearms over the Internet has been sentenced to prison time, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
- Under fire, Pennsylvania attorney general plans email review Updated: Nov-25-15 3:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Senate moved a step closer on Wednesday to potentially removing the state's embattled attorney general from office, while she raised the possibility of criminal charges against others in a slowly unfolding scandal involving public officials exchanging sexually explicit or otherwise offensive emails.
- Growth - but not expansion - in US Internet gambling market Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling is slowly growing - but not expanding - after 2 1/2 years of online betting in the United States.
- Lincoln students to get wider Internet access at libraries Updated: Nov-25-15 12:31 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Lincoln Board of Education has approved an agreement with Lincoln City Libraries to connect two broadband networks so that students can go to any library to do research, write papers and do their homework using the school district's network.
- A look at the hot toys for holiday 2015 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:44 am
NEW YORK - Which toys will warm the hearts of parents and kids for the holiday 2015 shopping season?
- Smartphones overtake desktops for holiday shopping Updated: Nov-25-15 9:49 am
NEW YORK - If the beginning of the holiday season is any indication, it could be a merry mobile Christmas for shoppers.
- Revised nuclear deal between South Korea, US takes effect Updated: Nov-25-15 5:39 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A new nuclear treaty with the United States governing South Korea's commercial nuclear activities during the next 20 years went into effect Wednesday, the South Korean government said.
- Attorney general warns of credit card fraud in Vermont Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell is warning consumers to be extra vigilant against credit card fraud as the holiday shopping season gears up.
- BGE ordered to reduce charge for opting out of smart meters Updated: Nov-24-15 8:19 pm
BALTIMORE - Maryland's Public Service Commission has ordered BGE to cut in half its monthly fee to customers who opt out of having smart meters installed in their homes or small businesses.