- Hitchhiking robot's cross-country trip in US ends in Philly Updated: Aug-01-15 11:38 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A hitchhiking robot that captured the hearts of fans worldwide met its demise in the U.S.
- Subway sandwich artists set world record in Las Vegas Updated: Aug-01-15 10:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Subway's "sandwich artists" cranked out a record number of their lunchmeat masterpieces in Las Vegas on Saturday.
- Woman sues credit reporting firms for declaring her dead Updated: Jul-31-15 5:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - A 40-year-old St. Louis woman isn't dead, but she said she spent months trying to convince credit reporting agencies that she's alive.
- Runaway rail car kicked loose by teen hits New York station Updated: Jul-31-15 4:32 pm
UTICA, New York - Video surveillance footage released Friday shows a rail car that was accidentally set in motion by a 13-year-old boy ramming an antique locomotive into a train station, sending passengers waiting for a train scrambling for safety.
- School closes after venomous spiders found for a 3rd time Updated: Jul-31-15 1:40 pm
MERCERSBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania school district has closed one of its elementary schools due to an infestation of venomous spiders.
- Cops: Man buys car after taking $150,000 left by ATM workers Updated: Jul-31-15 10:28 am
MAHWAH, New Jersey - One of two men suspected of making off with a bag containing $150,000 in cash that was mistakenly left behind by ATM workers bought an SUV with the money hours later, police said.
- Australian seated beside overweight passenger sues Etihad Updated: Jul-31-15 2:46 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Etihad Airways said Friday that it will continue to fight a lawsuit by a passenger who says he was left with back pain because he was seated beside an overweight man on a 14-hour flight from the United Arab Emirates to Sydney.
- Aggressive cobra found at Houston high-rise apartments Updated: Jul-30-15 6:49 pm
HOUSTON - An aggressive 2-foot-long cobra captured at a luxury high-rise apartment complex in downtown Houston has been euthanized.
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane Updated: Jul-30-15 5:31 pm
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - A Texas businessman used an app to find his iPhone in a rural pasture after it fell about 9,300 feet during a flight from Houston.
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls Updated: Jul-30-15 5:15 pm
FORT LEE, New Jersey - Authorities say a New Jersey motorist assumed his brother's identity to avoid $7,500 in unpaid tolls after he was stopped for not paying another toll on the George Washington Bridge.
- Chicken, beer a bad recipe for home burglar who fell asleep Updated: Jul-30-15 4:48 pm
LAKE WORTH, Florida - Chicken and beer make for a bad burglary.
- Michigan taxidermist recreates football rivalry Updated: Jul-30-15 4:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Lansing-based taxidermist used the longtime rivalry between Michigan State University and the University of Michigan as inspiration for his latest creation.
- Wandering turkey causes stir at University of Michigan Updated: Jul-30-15 2:07 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A wandering turkey is causing a stir at the University of Michigan.
- US court says drug-sniffing dog fails the smell test Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 pm
CHICAGO - Lex the police dog from central Illinois is far from top dog in drug-sniffing skills.
- Soup kitchen offers free meal for return of Jesus statue Updated: Jul-29-15 3:11 pm
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - "Have you found Jesus?" That's what employees at a Rhode Island soup kitchen are asking after a religious statue disappeared from the kitchen's garden.
- Man says he petted zoo cougars after calling 'Here, kitty' Updated: Jul-29-15 11:59 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - A man who jumped a fence to pet cougars at the Columbus zoo and posted video of it on YouTube says he jokingly called "Here, kitty" and moved closer when the animals seemed to respond.
- Summer snow turns Wyoming mountains into winter wonderland Updated: Jul-29-15 11:39 am
TETON VILLAGE, Wyoming - The middle of summer looked like the middle of winter in the mountains of western Wyoming.
- New Hampshire baby receives lifetime hunting-fishing license Updated: Jul-29-15 11:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A 6-month-old New Hampshire boy has become the first child to get a newborn hunting and fishing license in the state.
- Ohio State coach Meyer, mascot celebrated in butter at fair Updated: Jul-28-15 11:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Winning another national championship has made Urban Meyer a butter man.
- Diner en Blanc: NYC leads world's biggest popup picnic Updated: Jul-28-15 7:50 pm
NEW YORK - Five thousand people dressed in white got together for the world's largest popup picnic - at a secret Manhattan location.
- Scott Walker orders American on cheesesteaks, avoiding gaffe Updated: Jul-28-15 4:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The governor of the nation's top cheese-producing state visited the capital of cheesesteaks on Tuesday and ordered two topped with American, skipping the customary Cheez Whiz but avoiding the blunder of a former presidential candidate who was ridiculed for wanting his with Swiss.
- Snow piles from record-breaking Buffalo storm still melting Updated: Jul-28-15 4:28 pm
BUFFALO, New York - People from Buffalo hear it all year - over the phone or while traveling: "Buffalo? Got snow there?"
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-28-15 3:34 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a Washington state newspaper that ran a story about a low-budget horror movie.
- Cat found alive aboard sunken boat pulled from Lake Havasu Updated: Jul-28-15 3:16 pm
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Arizona - A trapped, hungry, wet and scared cat is now safe after it was found tucked away in a boat that had sank to the bottom of Lake Havasu.
- Cops: 2-state chase began over warrant for stolen underwear Updated: Jul-28-15 2:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man who led officers on a wild two-hour chase spanning two states had been facing charges of stealing $21 worth of underwear from a supermarket.