- Branded for Bernie: Dozens get inked with free Sanders tat Updated: Feb-06-16 10:38 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Fans of Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are wearing their support for him on their sleeves - and on their rib cages, calves, necks and backs.
- New Mexico couple: Woman posed as humane worker, stole dog Updated: Feb-06-16 5:05 am
RIO COMMUNITIES, New Mexico - A New Mexico couple says a woman posing as an Animal Humane employee threatened them with jail and stole one of their dogs.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt gets some roast with his Hasty Pudding Updated: Feb-05-16 11:02 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Joseph Gordon-Levitt has gotten a little roast along with his pudding.
- Answers sought after male bus driver poses as elderly woman Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Some Rhode Island city councilors want to know more about a middle-age male senior center van driver who posed as an elderly woman during a press conference.
- Officials: Burglar takes chocolate from New Mexico school Updated: Feb-05-16 2:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a thief broke into an Albuquerque elementary school and stole more than a dozen boxes of Student Council chocolate.
- Starving sea lion found in San Diego, California, restaurant Updated: Feb-04-16 8:56 pm
SAN DIEGO - A starving sea lion has been rescued after finding its way into the booth of a fancy San Diego restaurant.
- Idaho panel backs school's 'Maniac' license-plate proposal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:13 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho lawmaker is once again seeking to create a specialized license plate depicting a hotly disputed Idaho high school mascot.
- Retired Ohio police officer gets to buy K-9 partner for $1 Updated: Feb-04-16 4:52 pm
MARIETTA, Ohio - A recently retired Ohio police officer has been allowed to buy his K-9 partner for $1.
- Careening car ends up on roof of Southern California house Updated: Feb-04-16 4:09 pm
PALOS VERDES ESTATES, California - It's hard to know what was more amazing: An out-of-control car ending up on the roof of a Southern California house or the driver somehow escaping serious injury despite the wild ride.
- Ape at Utah zoo predicts Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - An ape at the Salt Lake City zoo has predicted the Carolina Panthers will win the Super Bowl.
- The Strangelove Suite: Northern Ireland sells nuclear bunker Updated: Feb-04-16 12:22 pm
BALLYMENA, Northern Ireland - It has no windows - but offers unrestricted views of Armageddon.
- Police: Cat burglar enters Vermont family's home, takes pet Updated: Feb-04-16 10:43 am
TROY, Vermont - Vermont State Police have arrested a 54-year-old man in connection with taking a cat from a home.
- Western retirees at Thai resort busted for playing bridge Updated: Feb-04-16 6:41 am
BANGKOK - Add aging Western bridge players to the list of desperadoes in Thailand's seaside resort of Pattaya, a sin city rife with prostitution, corruption and foreign and home-grown gangsters.
- Mystery meat: Was it really woolly mammoth on the menu? Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 pm
When members of the Explorers Club gathered for their lavish annual dinner in New York City in 1951, one account said they feasted on meat from a prehistoric wooly mammoth that had been preserved in a glacier.
- Prank call leads to fast-food employees smashing windows Updated: Feb-03-16 4:36 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Police in Tucson, Arizona, said pranksters convinced employees at a fast food restaurant to smash windows by pretending to be a fire-suppression company.
- Niagara Falls residents baffled by nonstop Iowa fight song Updated: Feb-03-16 11:00 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - The beat goes on near a Niagara Falls bistro. And on and on and on and on.
- British earl suspected of murder 40 years ago declared dead Updated: Feb-03-16 10:45 am
LONDON - More than 40 years after a British aristocrat disappeared without trace in the hours after his children's nanny was bludgeoned to death and his wife was badly beaten, he was officially declared dead Wednesday, allowing his son to take his title.
- Roller derby advocates press for the right to hit in Maine Updated: Feb-02-16 6:30 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Young women named Hard Dash, Kill Any and Betty B. Tough are putting the squeeze on Maine lawmakers to make it easier for them to expand the sport of roller derby.
- Student says he's in trouble for renting dorm room on Airbnb Updated: Feb-02-16 4:52 pm
BOSTON - A student at Emerson College in Boston says he's facing disciplinary action after renting out his dorm room on Airbnb.
- Pennsylvania's Punxsutawney Phil 'predicts' early spring Updated: Feb-02-16 11:07 am
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pennsylvania - The handlers of Pennsylvania's most famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, said the furry rodent failed to see his shadow at dawn Tuesday, meaning he "predicted" an early spring.
- Eagles vs Drones: Dutch police eye birds to prey on drones Updated: Feb-02-16 10:34 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - It may sound like a flight of fancy, but Dutch police are considering using birds of prey to swoop down and pluck rogue drones out of the sky.
- Police: Pennsylvania shoplifting suspect steals patrol car Updated: Feb-02-16 9:06 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania shoplifting suspect is in custody on charges that he briefly stole a police car.
- Jury summons directs people to call sex hotline Updated: Feb-02-16 8:55 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Hundreds of southeastern Mississippi citizens received jury summons that incorrectly instructed them to call a sex hotline.
- Man accused of trying to sell drugs in traffic court Updated: Feb-02-16 8:14 am
PITTSBURGH - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man tried to sell drugs in a Pittsburgh traffic court.
- College student finds glitch to own Google site, gets $12K Updated: Feb-01-16 4:29 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts graduate student who pointed out a glitch that allowed him to briefly "own" the world's most heavily trafficked website has been awarded more than $12,000 from Google.