- Pilot saves own bacon, glides pig-shaped balloon after crash Updated: Jul-02-15 4:50 pm
PROVO, Utah - The pig couldn't fly, the cowboy got away, and the pilot's OK.
- Pig, goat - what's next for Detroit-area police department? Updated: Jul-02-15 2:30 pm
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Detroit-area police department says it's keeping animal control handlers on speed dial.
- Heaven scent: Finding may help restore fragrance to roses Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 pm
NEW YORK - Shakespeare said a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. In fact, many kinds of roses today have little fragrance. But a new discovery might change that.
- Cat rescued from engine of pickup truck after 28-mile ride Updated: Jul-02-15 11:49 am
HACKETTSTOWN, New Jersey - A cat has been rescued from the engine of a pickup truck after a 28-mile ride from Pennsylvania to New Jersey.
- 4 couples married for 230 years renew vows at nursing home Updated: Jul-02-15 10:37 am
NEW CASTLE, Pennsylvania - Four couples with a combined 230 years of marriage have said "I do" all over again at a western Pennsylvania nursing home.
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman Updated: Jul-01-15 11:17 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles.
- Man charged with robbing same New Jersey bank 5 years later Updated: Jul-01-15 3:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A Philadelphia man robbed a New Jersey bank four months after he was released from prison for robbing the same place five years earlier, prosecutors said.
- 2 share pageant title after miscount, but one is upset Updated: Jul-01-15 1:54 pm
WINSLOW, Maine - One winner of a teenage Miss 4th of July pageant is upset. The other agreed to share the title but isn't talking. And the pageant organizer is defending herself from accusations she rigged the results.
- Woman's parking citation tossed because of missing comma Updated: Jul-01-15 9:17 am
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio - An appeals court has agreed with an Ohio woman who said her parking citation should be tossed because the village law was missing a comma.
- Pennsylvania track to start races earlier to avoid deer Updated: Jun-30-15 5:57 pm
ERIE, Pennsylvania - Deer, not deuces, are wild at Presque Isle Downs and Casino, and the racetrack is making changes to get its horses back in the starting gate.
- For sale: Former prison with mountain view, sleeps hundreds Updated: Jun-30-15 9:48 am
MOREAU, New York - For sale: A 325-acre New York property containing more than 100 structures atop a mountain offering spectacular views. Sleeps hundreds.
- Man jailed for not paying $749 fare for 300-mile cab ride Updated: Jun-30-15 9:28 am
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Police say a man who took a 300-mile cab ride across Pennsylvania to surprise his fiancee has been jailed because he couldn't pay the $749 fare.
- Maine woman pleads guilty to stealing wreaths from cemetery Updated: Jun-30-15 7:28 am
ALFRED, Maine - A Maine woman has pleaded guilty to stealing Christmas wreaths and arrangements from grave sites in a Saco cemetery to decorate her own properties during the holidays.
- Bees swarm from truck crash near Washington-Idaho border Updated: Jun-28-15 7:13 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Authorities say bees are swarming near the Washington-Idaho border after a tractor-trailer full of the buzzing insects tipped over, spilling its load on Sunday.
- Cat stationmaster Tama mourned in Japan, elevated as goddess Updated: Jun-28-15 1:50 pm
TOKYO - Tama the stationmaster, Japan's feline star of a struggling local railway, was mourned by company officials and fans and elevated into a goddess at a funeral Sunday.
- Deformed mutt is crowned World's Ugliest Dog Updated: Jun-27-15 3:38 pm
PETALUMA, California - A 10-year-old mutt named Quasi Modo, whose spinal birth defects left her a bit hunchbacked, is the winner of this year's World's Ugliest Dog contest.
- Rescuers guided 2 around rattlesnake in mine near Lake Mead Updated: Jun-26-15 7:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - A National Park Service official says rescuers guided two cousins around a rattlesnake and out of a mine shaft near Lake Mead after they reported they feared they would be bitten.
- Court rails against judge who didn't show for jury duty Updated: Jun-26-15 6:13 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge won't punish a Kansas judge who didn't show up for jury duty in federal court.
- Fat, nude body painting in NYC celebrates body positivity Updated: Jun-26-15 5:34 pm
NEW YORK - Body positivity was on full display Friday on the steps of the New York Public Library as three women had their naked bodies painted in front of lunch-time crowds.
- Beaver attacks 2 Oregon men who climbed on top of dam Updated: Jun-26-15 4:31 pm
BEND, Oregon - A beaver protecting its dam attacked two central Oregon men, who fell into a river and got taken to the hospital.
- Church once home to fraternity could become sorority house Updated: Jun-26-15 10:11 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan church originally built as a home to a fraternity may be converted into a sorority house.
- Driver, 16, wrecks at South Texas dealership, $100K damage Updated: Jun-26-15 8:49 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A 16-year-old driver has been blamed for a wreck that caused more than $100,000 in damage to new trucks and other property at a Texas dealership.
- Beekeepers set out to remove a million bees from NY home Updated: Jun-26-15 8:13 am
WALLKILL, New York - Beekeepers have quite the task ahead of them as they remove an estimated 1 million honey bees that have taken up residence at a New York home.
- New rainbow crosswalks support Philadelphia's LGBT community Updated: Jun-25-15 7:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rainbow-colored crosswalks have been painted in a gay neighborhood of Philadelphia known as the Gayborhood.
- Ex-homeless man with golden voice: I'm running for president Updated: Jun-25-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A once-homeless Ohio man whose smooth radio voice made him an Internet sensation says he's running for president as an independent.