- Driver had a monkey on his back even before he got arrested Updated: May-04-16 6:31 pm
BURIEN, Washington - A Washington state driver who had a monkey on his back wound up with handcuffs on his wrists.
- Ex-candidate for NY governor survives school board challenge Updated: May-04-16 3:43 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A wealthy developer and Trump campaign co-chair in New York has been re-elected to a school board by narrowly defeating his 18-year-old student challenger.
- Utah school district pays $10K for 'drunk goggles' injury Updated: May-04-16 3:33 pm
FARMINGTON, Utah - Court documents show that a Utah school district paid more than $10,000 for a student's medical expenses after she was injured while wearing so-called drunk goggles in a 2014 exercise.
- Bibles taken from Christian store, 8th Commandment be damned Updated: May-04-16 2:58 pm
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Police say two men were caught flouting the Eighth Commandment when surveillance video captured them stealing nearly $500 worth of Bibles from a Christian store in Massachusetts.
- The fireman's pole is history - at least in Vienna Updated: May-04-16 8:50 am
VIENNA - The fireman's pole is history - at least in Vienna.
- The Latest: San Francisco protects disputed tree in backyard Updated: May-03-16 5:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Latest on the landmark status of a tree in a San Francisco backyard (all times local):
- Maine's GOP governor, veto record-holder, names new dog Veto Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage, the state's all-time veto champion, has named his new dog Veto.
- It takes a village to corral a loose llama in Colorado Updated: May-03-16 4:55 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - It took a village and two hours to corral an uncooperative llama named Ethel who escaped from her pasture in rural Colorado and wandered near some busy roadways.
- Cross-bearing 'Jesus' arrested at Apple store for trespass Updated: May-03-16 9:05 am
PHILADELPHIA - A man who calls himself "Philly Jesus" has a new cross to bear: He was arrested at a Philadelphia Apple store on a trespassing charge.
- Vermont family to keep wood duck after state issues permit Updated: May-02-16 5:31 pm
MIDDLESEX, Vermont - State game officials have backed down and allowed a woman to keep a 3-year-old wood duck that was brought home by one of her dogs when it was a chick.
- Duck leads ducklings on annual waddle through school's halls Updated: May-02-16 5:11 pm
HARTLAND, Michigan - A mother duck has grown attached to a Michigan elementary school's courtyard, returning each year to lay her eggs and then walk the hallways with her ducklings - with the help of students and staff - to safely get to a nearby pond.
- Give peace a chance? Say it, don't spray it, tagger told Updated: May-02-16 3:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police are fine with giving peace a chance, as long as you say it and don't spray it.
- No-selfie zone: Not OK in voting booth, West Virginia says Updated: May-02-16 9:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - If you want to share your voting experience on social media, you'll have to find some way other than taking a photo in the voting booth. West Virginia Secretary of State Natalie E. Tennant says it's forbidden.
- Great Escape: 19 lab monkeys escape, all recaptured Updated: May-02-16 8:05 am
YEMASSEE, South Carolina - Nineteen monkeys made a break from a compound on the South Carolina coast, but freedom was fleeting.
- College student starts business recycling dorm fridges Updated: May-01-16 3:54 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - A college student appalled at the dorm furnishings his roommates were leaving behind his freshman year has started a booming business recycling mini refrigerators.
- Skeletal human remains found at 100-year-old music venue Updated: May-01-16 12:13 pm
CINCINNATI - Workers renovating a century-old performance hall discovered human remains under the orchestra pit and now archeologists are planning to analyze the bones.
- Albania hopes to lure tourists with Communist nuclear bunker Updated: May-01-16 4:07 am
TIRANA, Albania - Who doesn't want to see a formerly top-secret Communist nuclear bunker?
- Christmas CD, medical bracelets, more found in beach cleanup Updated: Apr-30-16 4:35 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Christmas songs CD, medical bracelets and a golf ball are some of the items that volunteers found after sweeping across dozens of Jersey shore beaches as part of an environmental group's cleanup program.
- 1 million goldfish dive into Tempe Town Lake near Phoenix Updated: Apr-30-16 3:22 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - More than 1 million goldfish now have a giant fishbowl to call home in a Phoenix suburb.
- Wee-lief! Dogs get airport bathrooms of their own Updated: Apr-30-16 9:22 am
NEW YORK - Little Simba couldn't wait to check it out.
- Pop went the weasel and down went the Large Hadron Collider Updated: Apr-29-16 5:39 pm
GENEVA - It's one of the physics world's most complex machines, and it has been immobilized - temporarily - by a weasel.
- Professor puts CV of his failures online to give perspective Updated: Apr-29-16 4:46 pm
PRINCETON, New Jersey - A Princeton University professor has published a CV of his career failures as a way to give perspective to students who are feeling discouraged.
- University: Paying $17,570 for dining hall table was mistake Updated: Apr-29-16 2:43 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire now acknowledges that spending $17,000 on a custom-made chef's table with LED lights for the campus dining hall was a mistake.
- NJ Weedman: Officials 'exaggerated big-time' in pot charges Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey marijuana advocate dubbed NJ Weedman says authorities "exaggerated big-time" in charging him with distributing pot from his restaurant and cannabis church.
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.