- Illinois lawmaker, university spar over research animals Updated: May-24-16 11:20 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bill that would've required universities in Illinois to offer healthy cats and dogs to rescue organizations after animal testing has provoked a dispute between its Democratic sponsor and the University of Illinois.
- UMass lab steps up tick testing efforts Updated: May-22-16 12:56 pm
BOSTON - A University of Massachusetts laboratory that tests ticks that people find on themselves or their pets for diseases that could possibly be passed on is stepping up its efforts as tick season kicks into high gear.
- Former at-risk teen in animal care program earns vet degree Updated: May-21-16 3:02 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Nine years and four months ago, a headline in the Register-Guard's City and Region section read, "Troubled students find cat-alysts for change."
- Hospital opens pet-friendly center for young patients Updated: May-18-16 5:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Children's Hospital is opening a new center that will allow young patients enduring long hospital stays to reunite with their pets.
- Central Illinois vets recommend dog flu vaccine Updated: May-14-16 9:13 am
PEORIA, Illinois - Veterinarians in Central Illinois are recommending dog owners consider getting their pets vaccinated against the flu.
- Dog shot, tied to Illinois bridge now headed to a new home Updated: May-10-16 1:35 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Veterinarians at the University of Illinois now say a dog found shot and tied to a rural bridge last month is healthy enough to move to a permanent home.
- Veterinarians reporting dog flu increase in central Illinois Updated: May-10-16 9:20 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Veterinarians in central Illinois say canine influenza has sickened dozens of dogs in the Bloomington and Normal area over the past few days.
- Deputies: 68 dogs rescued from 'unhealthy living conditions' Updated: May-06-16 8:38 am
HANOVER, Virginia - Authorities say 68 dogs found living in poor conditions have been rescued from a home in Hanover County.
- Officials: 12 neglected dogs seized from Ypsilanti-area home Updated: May-05-16 12:12 pm
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Officials say 12 neglected dogs are getting medical care and recovering after being seized from a Washtenaw County home.