- Henrico County confirms 8th case of rabies for 2015 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:52 pm
HENRICO, Virginia - Henrico County has confirmed its eighth rabies case for 2015.
- Several dogs survive southern Illinois house explosion Updated: Jul-27-15 4:05 pm
CASEYVILLE, Illinois - Several dogs thought to have died in a southern Illinois house explosion caused by a suspected natural gas leak have been rescued from the rubble.
- State, pet dealer reach settlement over sick animal claims Updated: Jul-20-15 4:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - State authorities say a southern New Jersey pet dealer accused of selling sick animals that required expensive veterinary care has agreed to pay $6,443 in restitution.
- 2 young bobcats rescued in southern Indiana now on the mend Updated: Jul-14-15 9:28 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Cats supposedly have nine lives. If that's true, then two rescued bobcat kittens have already used up most of theirs.
- Some of UK's top dogs are best in show, but maybe too chunky Updated: Jul-14-15 9:00 am
LONDON - There was too much puppy fat on about one quarter of the top dogs in Britain's biggest dog show, according to a new analysis that provides more evidence the U.K.'s obesity epidemic is widening to the country's canines.
- King George board commends dog club founder for dedication Updated: Jul-12-15 9:40 am
KING GEORGE, Virginia - If there has been an activity in King George County that involved dogs and kids in the last four decades, it probably included Sue Coleman.
- Coyotes confront Raleigh man and his dog Updated: Jul-08-15 8:11 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police say three coyotes followed a Raleigh man walking his dog and then tracked officers as they escorted the man to safety.
- City official says dog walkers not targeted Updated: Jul-08-15 7:58 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - An official in Worcester is responding after a security guard hired by the city was accused of berating dog walkers in a park where canines are barred.
- Panhandle man found with 92 dead, sick cats gets 3 years Updated: Jul-07-15 6:46 am
FORT WALTON BEACH, Florida - A Florida Panhandle man who had 92 dead and sick cats in his home is being sent to prison for three years.
- Dog walks 35 miles, 9 days to find way back home to Carlsbad Updated: Jul-07-15 6:20 am
CARLSBAD, California - A lost dog made her way 35 miles home from Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve to find her owner asleep in bed.
- Fire at California pet boarding facility kills 14 dogs Updated: Jul-06-15 1:22 pm
MONTEREY, California - Authorities say 14 dogs died in a fire at a Central California boarding facility that cares for pets while their owners are away on vacation.
- North Pole man sickened by 'rabbit fever' Updated: Jul-02-15 1:23 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska Department of Fish and Game officials suspect that a man who became sick after skinning a hare has been infected with tularemia, a bacterial infection known as rabbit fever.
- 2 Condon-area dogs found dead, poisoned with strychnine Updated: Jul-02-15 9:45 am
CONDON, Montana - Authorities are looking for whoever is responsible for poisoning two Labrador retrievers near Condon.
- Dog, rabbit infected with tularemia in El Paso County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A dog has been infected and at least one rabbit has died recently in Yoder of tularemia, a bacterial infection known as "rabbit fever."