- Harvard athlete among 1st openly transgender NCAA swimmers Updated: Jun-30-15 3:45 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Schuyler Bailar was a star recruit for the women's swimming team at Harvard University, a tough competitor with a shot at winning titles. But Bailar is opting to forgo such honors to join the men's team instead, competing as one of the first openly transgender swimmers in the NCAA.
- Cal swimmer Missy Franklin wins Honda Cup Updated: Jun-30-15 1:06 am
LOS ANGELES - California swimmer Missy Franklin won the Honda Cup as the nation's top female college athlete Monday night.
- Dara Torres back in Omaha, where her long swim career ended Updated: Jun-29-15 4:14 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Dara Torres showed up at the CenturyLink Center on Monday to promote the 2016 U.S. Olympic Swim Trials.
- European Games come to a close in Azerbaijan Updated: Jun-28-15 2:51 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Just as the inaugural European Games have sought to establish themselves on the global sporting calendar, so host nation Azerbaijan has used the event to make its mark on the world stage.
- Michael Phelps wins 200 individual medley at Santa Clara Updated: Jun-21-15 10:44 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps took charge of the men's 200 individual medley and raced to an impressive victory, his second win of the Arena Pro Series on Sunday night.
- Coughlin sets American record in the 50 back Updated: Jun-19-15 11:30 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Natalie Coughlin chatted with teammates and helped one of them fix her starting block. Then the Olympic gold medalist set an American and U.S. Open record in winning the 50-meter backstroke at the Arena Pro Series on Friday.
- Olympian Missy Franklin signs deal with Speedo Updated: Jun-18-15 11:41 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Olympic gold medalist Missy Franklin used opening day of the Arena Pro Swim Series on Thursday to announce that she has signed a deal with Speedo, her first major sponsor since turning pro.
- Australian swimmer Palmer out of worlds after doping test Updated: Jun-18-15 5:03 am
SYDNEY - Kylie Palmer has withdrawn from the Australian swim team for next month's world championships in Kazan, Russia after testing positive for a banned substance at the Barcelona worlds in 2013.
- Austrian swimmers win medal after bus crash Updated: Jun-15-15 6:32 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Austria won a synchronized swimming silver medal at the European Games on Monday, just four days after three members of the team were injured when they were hit by a bus.
- Bill May to compete in synchro swimming at world meet Updated: Jun-10-15 5:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bill May will join two women competing in the new mixed duet synchronized swimming event at the world championships in July.