- Man faces jail time for concealing Bosnian war past Updated: Feb-11-16 1:56 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A man who came to the U.S. as a refugee from war-torn Bosnia nearly two decades ago faces possible jail time for concealing his military past and a long criminal rap sheet, including the murder of his Serbian neighbor.
- Prosecutor requests life sentence for ex-Chad dictator Updated: Feb-10-16 6:09 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - The prosecution has requested that Chad's former dictator Hissene Habre be sentenced to life imprisonment if convicted of crimes against humanity, torture and war crimes in an unprecedented trial in which one African country is prosecuting the former ruler of another.
- Bosnian Serb convicted in Srebrenica genocide dies in cell Updated: Feb-09-16 8:41 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Bosnian Serb general convicted by United Nations judges of genocide in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre and described as the "right hand" of Ratko Mladic has died in his cell, the Yugoslav war crimes tribunal announced Tuesday.
- Bangladesh sentences 2 more to death in 1971 war crimes Updated: Feb-02-16 6:03 am
NEW DELHI - A special war crimes tribunal in Bangladesh on Tuesday sentenced two more men to death after finding them guilty of killing, kidnapping and looting during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- Lithuania opens mass trial for 1991 Soviet crackdown Updated: Jan-27-16 3:34 pm
VILNIUS, Lithuania - A mass trial has started in Lithuania against 65 former Soviet officials charged with war crimes, crimes against humanity and other offenses for their roles in a violent crackdown on the Baltic country's quest for independence in 1991.
- ICC judges authorize investigation into Georgia's 2008 war Updated: Jan-27-16 10:43 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - International Criminal Court judges have authorized an investigation into war crimes and crimes against humanity allegedly committed during the brief 2008 conflict in the former Soviet republic of Georgia. The investigation is the first full-scale case for ICC prosecutors outside Africa.
- Germany charges Syrian man for abduction of UN observer Updated: Jan-22-16 10:16 am
BERLIN - German prosecutors said Friday a 24-year-old Syrian man has been charged with war crimes for allegedly taking part in the kidnapping of a United Nations observer in the Damascus area in 2013.
- Kosovo Serb politician gets 9 years in prison for war crimes Updated: Jan-21-16 11:23 am
MITROVICA, Kosovo - An international court on Thursday sentenced a leading Kosovo Serb politician to nine years in prison for war crimes against ethnic Albanian civilians - a ruling that could heighten tensions in the Balkan region and prompted Belgrade to start reconsidering its EU-mediated reconciliation talks with Pristina.
- Ugandan rebel appearing before judges at pretrial hearing Updated: Jan-21-16 6:59 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Fugitive warlord Joseph Kony's feared militia deliberately targeted civilians in its conflict with Ugandan government forces, murdering indiscriminately, abducting children to turn into killers "steeped in blood," forcing girls and women into "marriages" with fighters and even ordering cannibalism, an International Criminal Court prosecutor said Thursday.
- Kosovo war crimes court to be based in The Hague Updated: Jan-15-16 11:06 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A special court is being set up in The Hague to prosecute crimes committed by ethnic Albanian rebels during and in the immediate aftermath of Kosovo's war for independence.