- Michigan artist's baseball painting sells for $48K Updated: May-03-16 4:04 pm
PLAINWELL, Michigan - A 100-year-old baseball painting by Plainwell native commercial artist Fletcher Ransom recently sold for $48,000 at an auction.
- Amy Sedaris hosts Super 8 motel art giveaway at NY gallery Updated: May-03-16 10:54 am
NEW YORK - You don't expect to find paintings from motel rooms hanging in a New York art gallery. But Openhouse gallery will be showing art from Super 8 motels and giving it away with help from comedian and lifestyle guru Amy Sedaris.
- George Weymouth, artist who hid Wyeth's 'Helga' works, dies Updated: May-02-16 6:13 pm
CHADDS FORD, Pennsylvania - George Weymouth, a museum founder, conservationist and artist who for years helped hide a secret cache of Andrew Wyeth's "Helga" portraits, has died.
- FBI returns to home of man linked to $500M Boston art heist Updated: May-02-16 3:24 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal authorities returned on Monday to search the Connecticut property of a reputed mobster suspecting of having knowledge about the largest art heist in U.S. history.
- Artist loans Warhol inspired works to museum after heist Updated: May-02-16 1:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A Colorado artist has loaned a series of paintings inspired by the works of Andy Warhol to a southwest Missouri museum from which seven valuable Warhol prints of Campbell soup cans were stolen.
- Mesilla eatery gives old art new lease on life Updated: Apr-30-16 11:07 am
MESILLA, New Mexico - C.W. "Buddy" Ritter recently discovered a fleet of ships, a flock of birds, a dog, and several sheep he didn't know he had. And before Damon LaGarry is finished, there will likely be several more surprises turning up in the halls and dining rooms of Ritter's Double Eagle and Peppers restaurants on the Mesilla Plaza.
- NYC exhibition: 4 whaling paintings by J.M.W. Turner Updated: Apr-29-16 7:53 am
NEW YORK - Four whaling paintings by the British artist J.M.W. Turner will be united for the first time in an upcoming exhibition in New York City.
- Lucian Freud portrait could fetch $29 million at Christie's Updated: Apr-28-16 11:19 am
LONDON - Christie's is selling a Lucian Freud painting of his pregnant daughter as part of a sale representing centuries of British portraiture.
- Mannington artist brings sights, sounds and smells to life Updated: Apr-24-16 11:25 am
MANNINGTON, West Virginia - Some artists create their work by looking directly at another item.
- Designer of state seal still creating vivid artwork at 84 Updated: Apr-24-16 3:05 am
CENTRALIA, Washington - If you live in Washington, there's a good chance you have already seen one Lewis County resident's artwork.
- Art dealer pleads not guilty in $1 million embezzlement case Updated: Apr-22-16 7:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - A prominent Los Angeles art dealer pleaded not guilty Friday to three grand theft counts charging him with failing to pay more than $1 million to former Disney executive Michael Ovitz and another man for paintings he sold for them.
- Northeastern North Dakota church damaged by vandals Updated: Apr-21-16 10:26 am
PISEK, North Dakota - Authorities are investigating vandalism at a historic church in northeastern North Dakota.
- Italy recovers 3 paintings seized during World War II Updated: Apr-18-16 8:43 am
MILAN - Italian authorities have recovered three 15th_century paintings seized from an Italian-Luxembourg noble family during World War II.
- Dozens of children tour Christian art exhibit at U of Mary Updated: Apr-16-16 5:42 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An exhibit at the University of Mary featuring Christian art has drawn dozens of students from parochial schools as well as home-schooled children.
- Ukraine recovers 4 stolen Dutch paintings Updated: Apr-14-16 4:31 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Ukrainian officials have announced the recovery of four paintings from a trove of Dutch Golden Age art that was stolen from a Dutch museum more than a decade ago.
- Possible lost Caravaggio painting found in attic in France Updated: Apr-12-16 1:00 pm
PARIS - A 400-year-old picture that might have been painted by Italian master Caravaggio has been found in an attic in southern France.
- Western art from NYC collection on display at State Museum Updated: Apr-12-16 12:18 am
ALBANY, New York - Artwork from the western United States created by such artist as Georgia O'Keeffe and Frederic Remington is now on display at the New York State Museum.
- Geneva prosecutors investigate case of Modigliani painting Updated: Apr-11-16 1:09 pm
GENEVA - Based on the Panama Papers revelations, Geneva prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation linked to an Amedeo Modigliani painting allegedly looted from a Jewish art dealer during World War II.
- EXCHANGE: Illinois artists try challenging painting style Updated: Apr-10-16 10:11 am
SULLIVAN, Illinois - A group of art lovers together tackled the challenge of watercolor portraiture painting during an art workshop at Saint Collumcille Church Hall.
- Exhibit features art, design creations of student veterans Updated: Apr-06-16 7:21 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A Grand Rapids exhibition is showcasing the art and design creations of students who are military veterans.