- New Orleans museum's paintings added to Google art trove Updated: May-26-16 5:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Need a refresher on the details of Edgar Degas' painting of Estelle Muson Degas at the New Orleans Museum of Art? Or maybe a close-up of the red hills in Georgia O'Keefe's "My Backyard" at the museum? Or a tour of the museum before a visit to the Crescent City?
- Georgia O'Keeffe Museum gets rare 1926 painting Updated: May-26-16 12:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum now owns a rarely seen painting by the artist who helped usher in American modernism.
- O'Keeffe Museum buys artist's rarely seen Lake George work Updated: May-25-16 3:35 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe has acquired a rarely seen painting created by the artist in 1926.
- Street performers added to entertainment mix in Muskegon Updated: May-24-16 9:53 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Street performers are being added to the mix of entertainment this spring and summer in Muskegon.
- Police: Several pieces of art stolen from Michigan festival Updated: May-24-16 9:01 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Police say several pieces of art were stolen from last weekend's East Lansing Art Festival.
- EXCHANGE: Artists display, sell their work at Joliet museum Updated: May-23-16 7:51 am
JOLIET, Illinois - Wine and hors d'oeuvres were served. Chamber music played. More than 400 pieces of art were on display and for sale.
- Long-forgotten Edmund Tarbell painting restored Updated: May-22-16 5:31 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - An oil painting by American impressionist Edmund C. Tarbell that was rolled up and forgotten for more than a century has been restored just in time to be included in a large retrospective of the artist's work.
- Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist Adolf Born dies at 85 Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
PRAGUE - Adolf Born, a Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist, caricaturist and author of animated movies for children, has died.
- Diego Rivera painting sells privately for $15.7 million Updated: May-20-16 11:35 am
NEW YORK - A Diego Rivera painting has sold privately for $15.7 million, setting a world record price for any Latin American work of art, Phillips auction house said Friday.
- Detroit museum acquires works, seeks to diversify collection Updated: May-20-16 10:03 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts has acquired two artworks by contemporary African-American artists as part of an effort to continue to diversify its collection.
- Guy Clark, Grammy-winning musician, dead at 74 Updated: May-17-16 4:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Texas singer-songwriter Guy Clark, who helped mentor a generation of songwriters and wrote hits like "L.A. Freeway" and "Desperados Waiting for a Train," has died. He was 74.
- Longtime curator at Philadelphia Museum of Art retires Updated: May-16-16 5:29 am
PHILADELPHIA - A man who spent nearly a half-century as a curator at a Philadelphia art museum is retiring.
- Dutch Holocaust museum exhibits Jeroen Krabbe paintings Updated: May-15-16 4:38 am
AMSTERDAM - More than 70 years after tens of thousands of Dutch Jews were deported and killed by the Nazis, the Netherlands is finally getting a national Holocaust museum.
- Frida Kahlo fetches record $8M for artist at NYC auction Updated: May-12-16 9:12 pm
NEW YORK - A painting by Frida Kahlo set a new auction record for the Mexican painter when it sold for $8 million at Christie's sale of impressionist and modern art Thursday night.
- The Latest: Kahlo work sets auction record for artist Updated: May-12-16 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on Christie's sale of impressionist and modern art (all times local):
- US proposes to cut methane from oil, gas by nearly half Updated: May-12-16 1:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration issued a final rule Thursday to sharply cut methane emissions from U.S. oil and gas production, a key part of a push by President Barack Obama to reduce methane emissions by nearly half over the next decade.
- Francis Bacon, Cy Twombly artworks highlight Sotheby's sale Updated: May-11-16 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - A Francis Bacon double-panel self-portrait and a Cy Twombly "Blackboard" painting executed in blue - both in private collections for decades - were the highlights of Sotheby's auction of contemporary art on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Francis Bacon, Twombly artworks fetch $71M in NY Updated: May-11-16 8:29 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on Sotheby's contemporary art sale (all times local):
- Online retailer buys Basquiat painting for record $57.3M Updated: May-11-16 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - A Japanese online retailer is the buyer of a self-portrait by Jean-Michel Basquiat (zhahn mee-SHEHL' BAH'-skee-aht) that sold for a world auction record of $57.3 million in New York City.
- Ukraine tracks down Old Master paintings stolen from Verona Updated: May-11-16 2:31 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - The 17 precious paintings stolen from a museum in Verona, Italy, including works by Tintoretto, Rubens and Mantegna, have been recovered by Ukrainian law enforcement agencies in what the nation's president hailed Wednesday as a "brilliant operation."
- Basquiat sets artist record at Christie's sale at $57.3M Updated: May-10-16 9:34 pm
NEW YORK - A monumental self-portrait by Jean-Michael Basquiat set a world auction record for the artist at $57.3 million Tuesday evening at a Christie's contemporary art sale.
- The Latest: Basquiat sells for $57.3M at Christie's sale Updated: May-10-16 9:18 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a Christie's contemporary art sale Tuesday evening in New York City: (all times local):
- Sioux Falls student wins Congressional Art Competition in SD Updated: May-10-16 7:09 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The artwork of a Sioux Falls high school student will be displayed at the U.S. Capitol after winning a national contest.
- Native painters transform hotel rooms with large-scale art Updated: May-10-16 3:29 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Dade Lahar stepped into the hotel room with splashes of electric blue and tipis outlined in neon green before scanning a mural that offered a contemporary take on Native American reservation life.
- Big art auctions open in NYC next week Updated: May-06-16 10:14 am
NEW YORK - A sculpture of a kneeling Hitler and two rare Fauve period paintings are among the offerings at the impressionist, modern and contemporary evening art auctions in New York next week.