- Zoo Miami koala euthanized following health issues Updated: Jun-02-15 6:05 am
MIAMI - Officials say a nearly 20-year-old koala has been euthanized at Zoo Miami.
- Japanese serow calf born at Roosevelt Park Zoo in Minot Updated: Jun-02-15 5:55 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A zoo in Minot has announced the birth a serow (SEHR'-oh) calf that's native to Japan.
- Newborn cheetah cub dies at Metro Richmond Zoo Updated: Jun-01-15 6:22 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of the recently born cheetah cubs at Metro Richmond Zoo has died.
- Omaha zoo worker injured by Komodo dragon bite Sunday Updated: May-31-15 7:34 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha zoo worker was bitten by a Komodo dragon on Sunday and treated at a local hospital.
- Otter exhibit makes a comeback at Minot's Roosevelt Park Zoo Updated: May-31-15 2:28 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Otters have made a comeback at Roosevelt Park Zoo in Minot.
- Zoo official says gorilla birth opportunity to help species Updated: May-30-15 5:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville Zoo officials don't yet know the gender of a new baby gorilla born Thursday morning.
- Endangered snow leopards born at Bloomington zoo Updated: May-30-15 4:06 am
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - With fewer than 7,000 snow leopards living in the wild, the birth of two cubs at Miller Park Zoo is a big deal.
- San Francisco Zoo's playful polar bear dies of old age at 32 Updated: May-29-15 9:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Zoo has lost one of two polar bears.
- Changes considered for Yellowstone bison slaughter program Updated: May-29-15 3:25 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A range of proposals that could either curb or accelerate the slaughter of wild bison migrating from Yellowstone National Park will get an initial public airing next week.
- Va.'s Natural Bridge Zoo to reopen after permit reinstated Updated: May-29-15 10:13 am
NATURAL BRIDGE, Virginia - Regulators have reinstated the Natural Bridge Zoo's state permit to exhibit wild animals after problems cited in an inspection were corrected.
- Topeka Zoo makes youngest bears available for public view Updated: May-29-15 6:52 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - For the first time, the Topeka Zoo has made it youngest bears available to the public for viewing.
- Oshkosh zoo euthanized wolf after it bit child Updated: May-28-15 5:14 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - An Oshkosh zoo followed protocol when it euthanized a male wolf after the animal bit a child late last week, according to a city official.
- Woman who dropped son into zoo cheetah pit pleads no contest Updated: May-27-15 5:26 pm
CLEVELAND - A woman who dropped her toddler son into a Cleveland zoo's cheetah pit and was charged with child endangering has pleaded no contest to a reduced charge.
- 9 new cheetah cubs born at Metro Richmond Zoo Updated: May-27-15 4:40 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Metro Richmond Zoo says nine cheetah cubs from two litters were born in the past month.
- Kansas City Zoo has 1st gorilla birth in 40 years Updated: May-27-15 3:44 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Zoo is celebrating the birth of a baby gorilla for the first time in 40 years.
- Detroit Zoo sends snails back to Tahiti to restore species Updated: May-26-15 8:26 pm
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - One hundred endangered snails are on their way to Tahiti to restore a species that became extinct in the wild, the Detroit Zoo said Tuesday.
- Syracuse zoo's new baby elephant being introduced to public Updated: May-26-15 7:04 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A baby elephant born earlier this month at the zoo in Syracuse is having its coming out party.
- Rare spider tortoise hatches at the National Zoo in DC Updated: May-23-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Zoo says for the first time a rare spider tortoise has hatched at its Reptile Discovery Center.
- Beardsley Zoo welcomes back camels this summer Updated: May-23-15 1:29 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Camels are coming to Connecticut's only zoo this summer.
- Ohio zoo to add giraffe-feeding, zip lining, among others Updated: May-23-15 6:35 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Officials from an Ohio zoo are planning to add a giraffe-feeding platform, aerial course and improvements to an event pavilion.
- Seattle zoo matriarch gorilla dies at 47 Updated: May-22-15 10:50 pm
SEATTLE - The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle says its matriarch gorilla, Nina, has died at age 47.
- World record American alligator on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 9:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Mandy Stokes was wearing pearls the night she caught a monster on the Alabama River.
- Mother, daughter elephants arrive at Fresno Chaffee Zoo Updated: May-22-15 8:32 am
FRESNO, California - Two African elephants from an Arkansas sanctuary will soon be on exhibit at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo.
- Record gator going on display at Montgomery Zoo Updated: May-22-15 5:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Wildlife officials are unveiling a unique hunting trophy in Montgomery: The largest American alligator ever killed in the wild.
- Grizzlies, tigers part of Roger Williams Park Zoo expansion Updated: May-21-15 5:58 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence has unveiled plans to add a new education center and rainforest building as well as tigers, grizzly bears and moose by 2035.