- Endangered Mexican gray wolves born at suburban Chicago zoo Updated: Jun-30-15 6:35 pm
BROOKFIELD, Illinois - Officials of a suburban Chicago zoo say the birth of a litter of Mexican gray wolves marks a major milestone in the conservation of an endangered species.
- Columbus Zoo offers military families free admission Updated: Jun-28-15 2:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Active-duty and veteran military personnel and their families will be able to visit a zoo in central Ohio for free this week in recognition of their sacrifices in service to their country.
- White lion from Vegas act dies during surgery at Toledo Zoo Updated: Jun-27-15 12:14 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A white lion on loan from the Siegfried & Roy animal and magic act has died after undergoing a medical procedure at the Toledo Zoo.
- New lion babies go on display in Paris zoo Updated: Jun-26-15 11:53 am
PARIS - A French zoo has debuted its latest stars, unveiling three baby lions to the public for the first time.
- Zoo could bid farewell to its elephant pair for white rhinos Updated: Jun-25-15 10:28 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The two elephants that have been at the Virginia Zoo for nearly 50 years combined may find a new home soon.
- North Carolina Zoo to welcome second polar bear to exhibit Updated: Jun-25-15 8:32 am
ASHEBORO, North Carolina - The North Carolina Zoo will get a second resident for its 2.5-acre polar bear exhibit that opened last fall.
- Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear moving to North Carolina Updated: Jun-25-15 8:05 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Zoo's male polar bear will be leaving the zoo for North Carolina.
- BioPark Zoo has 2 new faces on display Updated: Jun-25-15 7:46 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two new animals can now be seen at the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo.
- Flamingo in Brazilian zoo gets artificial leg Updated: Jun-24-15 4:20 pm
SOROCABA, Brazil - A pink flamingo in Brazil has gotten a new leg to stand on - an artificial one.
- Oklahoma City Zoo announces birth of giraffe Updated: Jun-23-15 5:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is announcing the birth of a giraffe.
- Florida zoo owner charged with mistreating animals Updated: Jun-21-15 2:26 pm
GULF BREEZE, Florida - Federal officials filed a complaint accusing the owners of a Florida zoo of failing to properly care for the animals, including euthanizing them by shooting and drowning them.
- Speed the 150-year-old tortoise dies at San Diego Zoo Updated: Jun-20-15 6:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - One of San Diego's oldest residents has died.
- Gun rights activist challenging zoo's no-weapons policy Updated: Jun-16-15 5:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Zoo has won the fight for now in blocking a gun-rights activist from carrying a weapon on the site's grounds.
- Oklahoma City Zoo awaits Pearl the sea lion to give birth Updated: Jun-16-15 11:10 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Zookeepers in Oklahoma City are awaiting the birth of a sea lion pup.
- Des Moines zoo celebrates birth of macaque Updated: Jun-13-15 2:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Blank Park Zoo is celebrating the birth of a male Japanese macaque and the first birthdays of three other Japanese macaques.
- Los Angeles zoo breeder hatches, cares for rare lizards Updated: Jun-13-15 11:49 am
LOS ANGELES - It had been two decades since the rare lizard species had hatched from an egg in a North American zoo and survived.
- Navajo beliefs on snakes lead tribal zoo to abandon exhibit Updated: Jun-12-15 5:53 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A zoo on the nation's largest American Indian reservation has eliminated its snake exhibit because cultural beliefs about the reptiles as bad omens were deterring visitors from seeing other animals.
- Metro Richmond Zoo announces birth of baby orangutan, RJ Updated: Jun-12-15 7:32 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Metro Richmond Zoo has announced a new addition to the zoo, a baby orangutan.
- Central Minnesota zoo adds baby male giraffe Updated: Jun-12-15 4:58 am
FREEPORT, Minnesota - A baby giraffe is set to make his official debut at a central Minnesota zoo.
- Riverbanks Zoo opening 2 new exhibits Updated: Jun-10-15 10:09 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Riverbanks Zoo is opening a new grizzly bear and river otter exhibit.
- Crew of inmates to soon dismantle pens at Fort Dodge zoo Updated: Jun-09-15 6:53 pm
FORT DODGE, Iowa - A crew of inmates soon will begin tearing down much of a Fort Dodge zoo, which once had cared for lemurs and other exotic animals.
- Detroit Zoo takes steps to curb noise from dinosaur exhibit Updated: Jun-09-15 6:16 am
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - People living near the Detroit Zoo say noise from a visiting dinosaur exhibit has been brought under better control.
- Little Rock Zoo fundraiser for wild rhinoceros conservation Updated: Jun-09-15 3:11 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Chapter of the American Association of Zoo Keepers and the Little Rock Zoo are hosting a fundraiser for wild rhinoceros conservation.
- Sumatran tiger at Tacoma zoo dies Updated: Jun-08-15 10:05 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A Sumatran tiger that had been battling a brief illness has died at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma.
- Bottle-fed baby leopards make debut at Washington zoo Updated: Jun-08-15 11:42 am
TACOMA, Washington - Four clouded leopard cubs are now on display at a Tacoma, Washington, zoo.