- Controller sent pilot who died in NY crash to closed airport Updated: Aug-24-15 5:25 pm
MINEOLA, New York - An air traffic controller directed a pilot having trouble with his plane to a landing strip that no longer existed at a closed airport before the aircraft crashed at a nearby railroad crossing, killing him, according to a preliminary accident report released Monday.
- Spain: Woman with no pilot experience crash lands plane Updated: Aug-24-15 8:55 am
MADRID - A Spanish woman who had never flown a plane brought a micro-light aircraft in for a crash landing after her pilot husband lost consciousness during the flight, officials said Monday. She was recovering in a hospital in the southern city of Seville.
- The Latest: FAA computer problem resolved, travel to resume Updated: Aug-15-15 9:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest after a technical problem caused widespread flight delays at airports in spots along the East Coast. (All times are local):
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Air controller study shows chronic fatigue Updated: Aug-11-15 9:17 am
WASHINGTON - A study the government kept secret for years says that air traffic controllers' work schedules often lead to chronic fatigue, making them less alert and endangering the safety of the national air traffic system.
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Air controller study shows chronic fatigue Updated: Aug-10-15 5:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Air traffic controllers' work schedules often lead to chronic fatigue, making them less alert and endangering the safety of the national air traffic system, according to a study the government kept secret for years.
- UNR researchers work with NASA on drone traffic control Updated: Aug-09-15 4:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada researchers are trying to bring order to the skies by joining forces with NASA to test an air traffic control system for drones.