- Man arrested in laser pointer incidents near DFW airport Updated: Jul-22-15 4:14 pm
DALLAS - A helicopter crew tracing the path of a bright green light in the early morning darkness Wednesday guided deputies to a suspect in the shining of a laser at eight commercial planes flying near Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
- NTSB: Fighter warned of nearby plane seconds before crash Updated: Jul-19-15 3:43 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A preliminary National Transportation Safety Board report finds the pilot of an F-16C fighter jet from Shaw Air Force Base was warned by air traffic control of the presence of a small plane only seconds before a midair collision over rural South Carolina.
- Springdale airport traffic controller arrested Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - An air traffic controller at Springdale Municipal Airport has been arrested for public intoxication after being found passed out while on the job in the airport tower.
- Air traffic controllers stage strike in Romania over pay Updated: Jul-15-15 9:40 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian air traffic controllers staged a two-hour strike Wednesday after talks broke down over pay, job flexibility and the retirement age.
- NTSB faults controller in close call at Newark airport Updated: Jul-09-15 6:55 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - The National Transportation Safety Board says a close call at Newark Liberty International Airport involving two airliners that nearly collided was the fault of an air traffic controller who didn't keep the planes far enough apart.