- Diggins returns, Sims leads as Wings win inaugural home game Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Skylar Diggins soaked in a few encouraging words in the locker room from WNBA President Lisa Borders, the former Notre Dame star's right leg propped up on a chair with her knee wrapped in ice.
- New Taiwan president omits one-China principle in speech Updated: May-20-16 10:26 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's new independence-leaning President Tsai Ing-wen tread carefully around the thorny issue of relations with China in her inaugural address Friday, emphasizing the importance of two decades of growing exchanges without mentioning the one-China principle fundamental to Beijing.
- Palestinian history museum opens without exhibits Updated: May-18-16 3:00 pm
BIRZEIT, West Bank - The Palestinians opened a dazzling new museum Wednesday aimed at telling the tale of their history and culture, but the building is devoid of exhibits.
- China stages war games days ahead of Taiwan inauguration Updated: May-18-16 8:16 am
BEIJING - China is staging large-scale joint war games featuring mock beach landing, helicopter assaults and tank battles along its east coast facing Taiwan, just days before the inauguration of the self-governing island's new independence-leaning president.
- Ugandan president inaugurated amid opposition arrests Updated: May-12-16 3:44 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's long-time president was sworn in Thursday for a fifth term, taking him into his fourth decade in power amid arrests of opposition politicians and a shutdown of social media.
- US diplomats walk out of Uganda president's inauguration Updated: May-12-16 3:32 pm
WASHINGTON - The State Department says the U.S. delegation attending Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni's inauguration walked out of the ceremony in protest. At issue were his disparaging comments about an international war crimes tribunal and the presence of Sudan's leader whom the court has indicted.
- Ugandan opposition leaders detained ahead of inauguration Updated: May-11-16 12:38 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's main opposition figure was arrested Wednesday ahead of the inauguration of long-time President Yoweri Museveni, raising the possibility of violence as police try to quell possible opposition protests.
- Putin inaugurates final power link to Crimea Updated: May-11-16 9:33 am
MOSCOW - Russia's president has flipped the switch to open the last of four electricity lines to Crimea aimed at allowing the Russia-annexed peninsula to end its reliance on Ukrainian power.
- China envoy to visit Djibouti, site of 1st overseas base Updated: May-07-16 3:59 am
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping is sending a special envoy to visit the Horn of Africa nation of Djibouti, where China is establishing a naval logistics center that is widely seen as the first overseas base for its increasingly powerful military.
- Trump to face trial after election in Trump University suit Updated: May-06-16 8:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Donald Trump will go to trial in a class-action lawsuit against his now-defunct Trump University after the presidential election but before inauguration if he wins the White House, setting the stage for a president-elect to take the witness stand.
- Vargas inaugurated as Southeast Missouri State president Updated: May-06-16 8:33 am
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Southeast Missouri State University's new president says colleges and universities need to remove obstacles in the way of student success.