- Boca Juniors appeals Copa Libertadores punishment Updated: May-18-15 1:39 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Boca Juniors has appealed the punishment handed out by South America's football confederation, saying the club itself and the players didn't do anything to cause the interruption of its Copa Libertadores match against Argentine rival River Plate last week.
- Boca kicked out of South America tournament over fan attack Updated: May-17-15 1:51 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Boca Juniors says it will appeal its ouster from the Copa Libertadores competition as punishment for fans spraying a caustic substance on a rival team in a tournament game.
- Boca kicked out of South America tournament over fan attack Updated: May-16-15 11:24 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - Boca Juniors was kicked out of the remainder of this year's Copa Libertadores competition Saturday night as punishment for its fans spraying a caustic substance on an opposing team in a tournament game.
- Match suspended after River players hit with eye irritant Updated: May-15-15 12:30 am
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - A Copa Libertadores match between bitter Argentine rivals Boca Juniors and River Plate was suspended Thursday after River Plate players were sprayed with a substance that seemed to affect their vision and irritated their eyes.
- Brazilian league opens with focus still on Copa Libertadores Updated: May-08-15 9:15 am
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian league begins this weekend with some of the country's top teams still focused on the final stages of the Copa Libertadores.
- Round 2 in Buenos Aires for River Plate vs. Boca Juniors Updated: May-06-15 3:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - It's time for Round 2 of River Plate vs. Boca Juniors, a bitter Buenos Aires rivalry that will be played out on Thursday at River's Monumental Stadium in the Copa Libertadores.