- Miss Hospitality contestants arrive in Hattiesburg Updated: Jul-27-15 11:37 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The watchwords seemed to be "be yourself," as the 66th Miss Hospitality pageant got underway Sunday in Hattiesburg.
- La. office cuts payment to pageant, citing fewer TV viewers Updated: Jul-23-15 7:50 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lieutenant governor says the state tourism office is cutting in half the money it committed to pay the 2015 Miss USA pageant because the pageant was not carried on NBC or Univision as had been planned.
- Canadian beauty queen speaks out over persecution in China Updated: Jul-23-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The cause of human rights in China is attracting glamor to Capitol Hill. Last week, Richard Gere. This week, a contender for Miss World.
- Miss America's headquarters moves back to Atlantic City Updated: Jul-23-15 3:31 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Miss America Organization has moved its headquarters back to Atlantic City.
- Buyer snags trophy believed to belong to Miss America 1926 Updated: Jul-22-15 6:02 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A private Americana collector was the winning and only bidder for a trophy believed to be the one awarded to Miss America 1926.
- Donald Trump wealth details released by federal regulators Updated: Jul-22-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal election regulators released new details Wednesday about Republican presidential candidate and celebrity businessman Donald Trump's wealth and financial holdings, weeks after he estimated his net worth at roughly $10 billion.
- Miss Oklahoma Olivia Jordan is crowned new Miss USA Updated: Jul-13-15 6:51 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - New Miss USA Olivia Jordan spoke of the need to discuss race relations en route to her pageant victory and hailed the diversity of women taking part in the contest during a post-pageant question about Donald Trump's comments on Mexican immigrants.
- 2015 Miss Arkansas to promote platform of self-confidence Updated: Jul-12-15 6:55 pm
Newly-crowned Miss Arkansas Loren McDaniel said Sunday that she'll promote a platform focusing on ending domestic violence and bullying as she travels the state.
- Latino leader urges more businesses to cut ties from Trump Updated: Jul-10-15 7:08 am
UNIVERSAL CITY, California - The head of a Latino civil rights group called on more organizations to follow NBC's example and cut business ties with Donald Trump.
- Ex-beauty queen stripped of her crown faces drug charges Updated: Jul-08-15 8:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former Nevada beauty queen who was stripped of her Miss Nevada USA title in 2006 has been charged with allegedly selling and possessing methamphetamine.
- Miss USA gets new hosts to replace Trump-prompted dropouts Updated: Jul-08-15 7:19 am
LOS ANGELES - The Miss USA pageant has new hosts, part of its effort to hastily rebound from fallout caused by Donald Trump's criticism of Mexican immigrants.
- Miss USA contestants dismiss Trump comments, show must go on Updated: Jul-07-15 7:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Controversy continues to surround presidential candidate Donald Trump's comments painting Mexican immigrants as criminals, but the women taking part in the upcoming Miss USA pageant Trump co-owns say the show must go on.
- Miss Universe Paulina Vega refuses to give up her crown Updated: Jul-06-15 1:20 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The reigning Miss Universe has refused to relinquish her crown despite a tide of condemnation following pageant owner Donald Trump's remarks on Mexican immigrants.
- Panama too drops out of Trump's Miss Universe pageant Updated: Jul-04-15 2:55 pm
PANAMA CITY - Panama is joining several other Latin American nations in dropping out of the Miss Universe pageant in protest over Donald Trump's comments about immigrants.
- Reelz rescues Miss USA pageant, dropped by NBC in Trump flap Updated: Jul-02-15 9:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Miss USA pageant, left without a TV home following blowback against co-owner Donald Trump over his comments on Mexican immigrants, has been rescued by the Reelz channel.
- Reigning Miss Universe rebukes Trump for his migrant remarks Updated: Jul-02-15 9:01 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The reigning Miss Universe says Donald Trump, the beauty pageant's owner, was "hurtful and unfair" in his comments about Mexican migrants. But Paulina Vega of Colombia says she isn't giving up her crown.