- Class action status OK'd in major post-Katrina flood case Updated: May-04-16 7:46 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal judge who ruled last year that the federal government is responsible for some of the flooding that hit the New Orleans area after Hurricane Katrina and other storms granted class-action status in the case Wednesday, meaning numerous property owners - not just the handful in the original 2005 lawsuit - could be in line for compensation.
- Group: Courthouse flooded by Katrina still houses evidence Updated: May-03-16 4:17 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More than 10 years after Hurricane Katrina flooded the New Orleans courthouse's ground floor and destroyed evidence in thousands of criminal cases, evidence is still being stored there - and a watchdog group said Tuesday that a less-vulnerable storage space is needed.
- A decade later, cops plead guilty in Katrina bridge shooting Updated: Apr-20-16 5:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Five former New Orleans police officers pleaded guilty Wednesday in deadly shootings in the days following Hurricane Katrina, abruptly ending a decade-old case that tainted an already scandal-plagued police force and reawakened memories of the chaos and devastation from the catastrophic 2005 storm.
- The Latest: Victim's family gets justice in Katrina shooting Updated: Apr-20-16 4:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on five former New Orleans police officers who have pleaded guilty in the deadly Danziger Bridge shootings after Hurricane Katrina (all times local):
- New Orleans to add more all-night bus service Updated: Apr-16-16 5:35 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More public buses will be rolling around-the-clock in New Orleans, a step toward restoring the level of service that existed before Hurricane Katrina hit and devastated the city's public transportation system.
- New maps say New Orleans is much less vulnerable to floods Updated: Apr-08-16 4:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New federal maps say New Orleans is much less vulnerable to flooding than it was before Hurricane Katrina struck more than 10 years ago.
- Marrero man pleads guilty to theft of Katrina funds Updated: Apr-08-16 10:57 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Marrero man has pleaded guilty to theft of government funds related to Hurricane Katrina.
- The Latest: Trent Harmon is the 15th and final "Idol" winner Updated: Apr-08-16 3:09 am
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the final broadcast of "American Idol" (all times local):