- Ex-Indiana teacher gets 16 years for sex with 2 students Updated: Sep-04-15 10:50 am
NOBLESVILLE, Indiana - A former central Indiana teacher who pleaded guilty to having sexual relationships with two of his students has been sentenced to 16 years in prison.
- Man accused of firing gun near Newberg High soccer game Updated: Sep-04-15 10:26 am
NEWBERG, Oregon - Police arrested a man accused of firing a gun near the Newberg High School athletic field.
- Teen suspected of shooting 2 other teens in Everett arrested Updated: Sep-04-15 10:23 am
EVERETT, Washington - The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office says they have arrested a teen suspected of shooting two other teenagers near an elementary school in south Everett on Thursday night.
- Gunman sought after deadly shooting at Sacramento college Updated: Sep-04-15 9:23 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Law officers searched for a gunman after one man was shot to death and two others wounded in a parking lot at the edge of a Sacramento community college campus, officials said.
- New Hampshire high court to rule on school bullying suit Updated: Sep-04-15 8:34 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state's highest court is set to rule on whether a Manchester family can sue the school district over a bullying incident.
- Schools closed in DeForest due to 'potential threats' Updated: Sep-04-15 7:32 am
DEFOREST, Wisconsin - Public schools have been closed for the day in DeForest due to what officials are calling "potential threats."
- Suspect arrested after threat against Maize High School Updated: Sep-04-15 6:44 am
MAIZE, Kansas - Police have arrested a suspect after a high school in Maize was on temporary lockdown due to a threat on social media.
- Texts between girl, Washington school shooter released Updated: Sep-04-15 6:10 am
EVERETT, Washington - A judge ordered the release of text messages between a 15-year-old girl and her ex-boyfriend in the days before he fatally shot four classmates - messages that reportedly dealt with the tumultuous end of their relationship.
- Threat closes school district ahead of Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 5:49 am
JEFFERSON HILLS, Pennsylvania - An unspecified threat has closed down a western Pennsylvania school district heading into the Labor Day weekend.
- No. 19 Oklahoma OK without hype heading into opener Updated: Sep-04-15 2:53 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - TCU and Baylor are getting most of the hype in the Big 12 this season.
- Judge orders release of texts between girl, school shooter Updated: Sep-04-15 2:14 am
EVERETT, Washington - A Snohomish County judge on Thursday ordered the release of text messages between a 15-year-old girl and her ex-boyfriend in the days before he fatally shot four classmates at Marysville Pilchuck High School.
- Marysville shooting records reveal warnings, concerns Updated: Sep-03-15 9:47 pm
SEATTLE - A teacher's warnings, social media posts and observations from students suggested something was seriously wrong with Jaylen Fryberg or at the high school in the days before he fatally shot four friends in the cafeteria. But authorities say although it's clear he planned the massacre, no one could have known it was coming.
- Nampa teacher charged for having sex with student Updated: Sep-03-15 6:05 am
NAMPA, Idaho - A former Nampa Spanish teacher has been accused of having sex with one of his students.
- Police: Central Ohio middle-school students caught with guns Updated: Sep-03-15 3:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in Columbus say two teenagers were caught bringing guns to a middle school in their backpacks.
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident Updated: Sep-03-15 1:27 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Five members of the women's soccer team at a private Christian university in Washington state were suspended for one match Wednesday after a social media post surfaced showing them dressed in blackface and afro wigs.
- College soccer players suspended after blackface incident Updated: Sep-02-15 10:08 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A private Christian university in Spokane says it has suspended five members of the women's soccer team after a social media post surfaced showing them dressed in blackface and afro wigs.
- Power struggle at FAMU after hazing death brings new crisis Updated: Sep-02-15 6:52 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Trustees at Florida A&M University turned to an outsider - and the school's first female president - to lead them out of the turmoil that followed the hazing death of a Marching 100 drum major. But 18 months later the historic school is facing a new crisis marked by allegations of harassment and insubordination - and complaints from politicians.
- Ohio building board cautions schools about barricade devices Updated: Sep-02-15 5:44 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's building standards board cautioned schools Wednesday against buying or installing barricade devices meant to stop active shooters until rules are developed for the devices.
- Video shows mass baptism on high school football field Updated: Sep-02-15 4:05 pm
VILLA RICA, Georgia - A video of football players and a coach being dunked into a small tub of water during a mass baptism on a public high school football field is drawing criticism from a religious-freedom group, and officials in Georgia say they're investigating.
- Teen arrested after school officials find gun in backpack Updated: Sep-02-15 3:35 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A teen suspected of smoking marijuana near school was arrested after administrators found an unloaded gun and ammunition in his backpack.
- Douglas County will ask Supreme Court to review voucher case Updated: Sep-02-15 3:08 pm
DENVER - A suburban Denver school district plans to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court to try to save its private school voucher program.
- AP Exclusive: Records show university's response to Holmes Updated: Sep-02-15 2:54 pm
DENVER - More than a month before James Holmes' rampage on a Colorado movie theater, the head of his neuroscience graduate program called a campus police officer with alarming information: Holmes had told his psychiatrist that he wanted to kill people to make up for his failure in science.
- Police probe hazing allegations involving football team Updated: Sep-02-15 2:34 pm
CROMWELL, Connecticut - An investigation is underway into allegations of hazing involving a Connecticut high school football team.
- Suspension of Middle Tennessee fraternity over sign lifted Updated: Sep-02-15 1:37 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Officials have lifted the suspension of a fraternity chapter at Middle Tennessee State University that placed a sexually suggestive sign placed outside an off-campus house.
- San Diego State lifts suspension against student Updated: Sep-02-15 10:29 am
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State University has lifted a male student's suspension after an investigation found allegations of sexual misconduct against him were unsubstantiated.