- Teacher takes middle- and high-school students to adult shop Updated: Jun-02-15 5:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A sex education teacher has drawn the ire of parents after taking middle- and high-school students on a field trip to an adult novelty store in Minneapolis.
- Teacher admits sex with Oklahoma teen; father sues school Updated: Jun-02-15 3:02 pm
HOLLIS, Oklahoma - A former middle school teacher has pleaded guilty to having sex with a student, and the boy's father says in a lawsuit that school officials covered up the crimes.
- Parents sue Hobart district over prayers at school events Updated: Jun-02-15 10:56 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A Hobart school district faces a lawsuit over prayers that are said before athletic events, graduations and school board meetings from parents who say the prayers violate the First Amendment.
- Substitute teacher accused of having sex with student Updated: Jun-02-15 4:53 am
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Florida - A substitute teacher and athletic trainer at a Lauderdale Lakes high school has been charged with sexual battery after authorities say he had sex with a 16-year-old student.
- Senate approves high school sexual violence prevention bill Updated: Jun-01-15 8:58 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have approved a "Yes means Yes" bill to bring sexual assault training to California high schools.
- Legislature ends with Lt. Gov. Patrick denying 2018 plans Updated: Jun-01-15 6:32 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The first legislative session under Republican Gov. Greg Abbott ended Monday with conservatives claiming victory on tax cuts, a big boost in border security spending and looser gun laws in a state already known as among America's most firearms friendly.
- Louisiana school voucher program before US appeals court Updated: Jun-01-15 5:38 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An appeals court judge had some strong questions Monday for a federal lawyer about reports that Louisiana must present about its school voucher program to the U.S. government.
- Lafourche school safety improvements being planned Updated: Jun-01-15 4:05 pm
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish schools may hire more police officers, upgrade their fire alarms and make other safety improvements within the next year.
- Dance team coaches suspended for a year over protest Updated: Jun-01-15 3:13 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - The Minnesota State High School League on Monday approved one-year suspensions for dance team coaches from four schools who staged a protest during an awards ceremony earlier this year.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Jun-01-15 9:04 am
The Detroit News. May 26, 2015
- Triple shooting kills Seminole High football coach, 1 other Updated: Jun-01-15 3:13 am
SANFORD, Florida - A former longtime assistant football coach at Seminole High School and another man have died after a shooting in east Orange County outside Orlando.
- Texas Legislature approves concealed handguns at colleges Updated: May-31-15 6:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Legislature has approved allowing residents with licenses to carry concealed handguns on public college campuses - but included a caveat that lets college presidents designate "gun-free zones."
- Judge erases suspensions from student preacher's record Updated: May-31-15 3:04 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A federal judge erased three suspensions from the school record of an Everett student who preached and handed out Christian booklets.
- Trial asks whether school officials liable for teacher abuse Updated: May-31-15 2:28 pm
SAN JOSE, California - An upcoming trial will consider whether a San Jose school district and its former administrators are responsible for failing to report suspected sexual abuse by a teacher.
- Texas Senate OKs concealed handguns on college campuses Updated: May-30-15 6:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has approved allowing license holders to carry concealed handguns on public college campuses - but included a caveat that lets college presidents designate "gun-free zones."
- Teacher accused of sex crime asks judge not to imprison her Updated: May-30-15 12:28 pm
FARMINGTON, Utah - A former Utah English teacher who has pleaded guilty to having sexual relations with three male students aged 16 and 17 has asked the judge not to send her to prison, arguing that she isn't a threat.
- Lee County schools plan security upgrades Updated: May-30-15 11:08 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Lee County School District is adding cameras, door access systems and other security upgrades this summer.
- Assembly OKs revived bill allowing more guns on colleges Updated: May-29-15 6:58 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assembly members have again approved a hot-button bill allowing concealed weapon permit holders to bring firearms onto college campuses.
- Former teacher pleads guilty to sex assault charges Updated: May-29-15 5:49 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A former Connecticut high school teacher has pleaded guilty to sexual assault charges involving one of his female students.
- New Jersey teacher sentenced for having sex with student Updated: May-29-15 4:48 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A former teacher at a Newark high school has been sentenced to five years in prison for having sex with a 14-year-old male student at her home on numerous occasions.
- Teen charged as an adult in school bus shooting Updated: May-29-15 3:43 pm
JACSKONVILLE, Florida - A 16-year-old boy is being charged as an adult with two counts of second-degree attempted murder for shooting into a Jacksonville school bus and injuring two girls.
- Fired school superintendent sues to regain job Updated: May-29-15 8:32 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - A former Dothan school superintendent who was fired over sexual harassment allegations is suing to regain his job.
- College, Billy Graham Association partner for program Updated: May-29-15 7:04 am
MONTREAT, North Carolina - Montreat College has partnered with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association to offer a Preaching and Evangelism concentration as part of the school's Bible and Religion program.
- NY cracks down on drivers for passing stopped school busses Updated: May-29-15 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - State traffic safety officials say they're serious about enforcing laws against passing stopped school busses.
- Texas lawmakers reach agreement on open carry bill Updated: May-28-15 8:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas lawmakers on Thursday negotiated a final version of a bill allowing licensed open carry of handguns, easing concerns of police and priming it for a vote that would send it to Gov. Greg Abbott.