- Can musicians make Washington a jazz mecca again? Updated: May-01-16 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - A walk down U Street reveals relics of the strip's jazz-rich history.
- Big Freedia twerking her way to stardom Updated: Apr-30-16 7:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Talk about your ups and downs.
- Review: Cloying and farfetched, 'Mother's Day' unfit for mom Updated: Apr-28-16 12:55 pm
What would it take to make you fall off the upstairs balcony at your house in the middle of the day? Could you imagine being so intoxicated by your own karaoke performance of "The Humpty Dance" that it sends you a-tumbling?
- Downtown Williston strip club converting to LGBT bar Updated: Apr-28-16 9:46 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The lone remaining strip club in downtown Williston is making a dramatic change to its business plan, after city officials put an end to topless dancing in the heart of the oil patch hub.
- 'He was family': Music star Prince stayed home in Minnesota Updated: Apr-23-16 8:52 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Bob Dylan left Minnesota, but Prince never did.
- The Latest: Tributes to Prince spring up across the US Updated: Apr-22-16 2:22 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The Latest on the death of pop superstar Prince (all times local):
- Kansas City to consider $27M for jazz district improvements Updated: Apr-21-16 2:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City leaders called Thursday for $27.6 million in public funds to help complete revitalization of the historic 18th and Vine jazz district.
- Panel recommends overhaul of NY state alcohol laws Updated: Apr-14-16 12:45 am
ALBANY, New York - Changes may be coming to New York state's alcohol laws.
- Preparedness symposiums set at 4 Nebraska locations Updated: Apr-11-16 1:47 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Two-day symposiums on disaster preparedness and biocontainment unit training have been scheduled at four locations around Nebraska.
- Pennsylvania governor bars LGBT discrimination in contracts Updated: Apr-07-16 6:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's governor on Thursday barred state contractors and grant recipients from discriminating based on sexual orientation or gender identity as he awaits action on stalled legislation that would ban such bias in employment, housing and public services.
- India's Bihar state bans all alcohol sales, starting Tuesday Updated: Apr-05-16 8:10 am
PATNA, India - The Indian state of Bihar completely banned the sale of alcohol in a surprise move Tuesday, including liquor at bars and hotels.
- Pedestrian struck by Uber driver near Boston's Fenway Park Updated: Apr-05-16 4:26 am
BOSTON - Police say a pedestrian was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after being struck by an Uber driver in Boston near Fenway Park.
- More investigations than jokes in city led by comedian-mayor Updated: Apr-02-16 10:29 am
HILLSBORO, Ohio - Having your wife's and your underwear examined and toilet usage analyzed might sound like something for veteran standup comedian Drew Hastings' routine. But while it sometimes seems like "a 'Saturday Night Live' sketch," he says, Hastings is finding it increasingly difficult to see humor in the continuing investigations into his actions as a small-city Ohio mayor.