- National Comedy Center promises laughs, learning Updated: Jun-28-15 2:03 pm
JAMESTOWN, New York - Did you hear the one about Bob Hope, Rodney Dangerfield and Andy Kauffman performing on the same stage?
- Cops: Bar owner withheld video in fatal crash investigation Updated: Jun-26-15 8:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities say a Syracuse bar owner hid video that showed a woman falling down and then being carried across a street before she drove the wrong way on an interstate highway and collided with another vehicle, killing its driver.
- Stonewall Inn gets landmark status, a nod to LGBT history Updated: Jun-24-15 12:56 am
NEW YORK - The Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village bar where resistance to a police raid sparked the modern gay rights movement, was made a city landmark Tuesday, the first time a site has been named primarily because of its significance to the LGBT history.
- NYC grants landmark status to gay rights movement building Updated: Jun-23-15 4:02 pm
NEW YORK - New York City's Landmarks Preservation Commission voted Tuesday to grant landmark status to the Stonewall Inn, the Greenwich Village bar where resistance to a police raid sparked the modern gay rights movement.
- Rapper Lil Wayne skips show over security screening Updated: Jun-23-15 11:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A Minneapolis nightclub says rapper Lil Wayne refused to perform a scheduled show after members of his entourage weren't allowed in the club.
- Stanley Cup begins its own celebration around Chicago Updated: Jun-16-15 11:02 pm
CHICAGO - This time, the Stanley Cup didn't have to catch a flight before hitting Chicago hot spots for a victory tour.
- China's emerging stand-up comedy scene draws young people Updated: Jun-11-15 8:07 am
BEIJING - Under rotating ceiling fans in hot, crowded bars, an edgier form of entertainment is emerging in China that reflects greater cultural freedom: stand-up comedy.
- Correction: TV-Wild N Out story Updated: Jun-10-15 3:32 pm
ATLANTA - In a story June 9 about the MTV2 show "Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out," The Associated Press reported erroneously that Rick Ross, Skylar Diggins, Chrissy Teigen and Amber Rose will be guests on the show's seventh season. In fact, those guests appeared during the show's sixth season.
- Stripped: Greenville club can reopen, but no nudity allowed Updated: Jun-06-15 2:20 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A Greenville strip club can reopen, but there'll be no stripping.
- Corinth won't stop brown bagging Updated: Jun-05-15 4:25 am
CORINTH, Mississippi - Corinth aldermen have rejected a proposed prohibition on the brown bagging of alcohol at all bars in the city.
- Rapper Pusha T denied entry to nightclub, claims racism Updated: Jun-04-15 4:19 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hip-hop artist Pusha T took to social media to say he was denied entry into a Virginia Beach nightclub because he's black, leading to widespread outrage on the Internet that the club's attorney said Thursday is unwarranted because the allegations are untrue and that the rapper is just seeking attention.
- Race jokes in South Africa: An oldie but a goodie Updated: Jun-04-15 12:38 pm
JOHANNESBURG - In a Johannesburg bar with peeling velvet wallpaper and a grimy carpet, a new generation of South African comedians line up dozens of borrowed wooden chairs to turn the dance floor into a makeshift comedy club that they are hoping might produce the next big name in world humor.