- In Central America, gangs an obstacle in battle against Zika Updated: Feb-10-16 12:10 am
CUSCATANCINGO, El Salvador - For health workers battling Zika across much of Central America, the immediate menace is not the mosquitoes that transmit the virus. It's the gangsters who control the streets, and sometimes threaten their lives.
- 2nd outside report says Mexico students not burned at dump Updated: Feb-09-16 6:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - A group of Argentine forensic experts says it has determined there is no biological or physical evidence to conclude that 43 students who disappeared in southern Mexico in 2014 were incinerated at a trash dump as government investigators initially said.
- Irish deploy military-style checkpoints to suppress gang war Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's police force deployed military-style road checkpoints Tuesday as the government announced toughened measures to try to prevent a gang war in Dublin from claiming more lives.
- Parole recommended for former California Mexican Mafia chief Updated: Feb-05-16 7:15 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Acting amid extra tight security, parole commissioners on Friday again recommended the release of a former leader of the Mexican Mafia prison gang who now helps law enforcement, Board of Parole Hearings spokesman Luis Patino said.
- Syracuse arrests 27 people with alleged gang connections Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Authorities in Syracuse have arrested 27 alleged gang members in the aftermath of the shooting deaths of two young men.
- 3 more plead guilty in drug, gun case in central Ohio Updated: Jan-16-16 10:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The government says three more men have pleaded guilty in an investigation into gang-related violence in central Ohio.
- Former Latin Kings member sentenced for drive-by shooting Updated: Jan-13-16 6:17 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A former member of the Latin Kings street gang has been convicted and sentenced for his role in a drive-by shooting that injured a 26-year-old man in St. Johnsbury in 2014.