- Court: Betting facility included in Indianapolis smoking ban Updated: Jun-25-15 8:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An appeals court panel has ruled that an off-track betting facility in Indianapolis isn't exempt from the city's ban on smoking in places such as bars and restaurants.
- Mississippi cities honored for smoke-free ordinances Updated: Jun-25-15 4:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi State Department of Health says the Magnolia state leads the nation when it comes to implementing municipal smoke-free air ordinances.
- Smoking banned at Hawaii state parks and beaches on July 1 Updated: Jun-20-15 9:23 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Beginning next month, smoking tobacco or e-cigarettes will be illegal at Hawaii state parks and beaches.
- Cigarette smuggler skirts deadly edge of IS smoking ban Updated: Jun-19-15 8:08 am
ESKI MOSUL, Iraq - It was a heart-racing moment. The cigarette smuggler was stuck in line at a checkpoint as, up ahead, Islamic State militants were searching cars. He was running a big risk: The militants have banned smoking and lighting up is punishable with a fine or broken finger. Selling cigarettes can be a death sentence.
- Portland considers amendments to smoking ban in parks Updated: Jun-16-15 6:20 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Though Portland's citywide parks smoking ban has yet to begin, Commissioner Amanda Fritz already wants to change the consequences for would-be offenders.
- Panel OKs bill banning smoking in vehicles when kids present Updated: Jun-15-15 6:33 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey state Senate panel has advanced legislation that would bar smokers from lighting up in vehicles if children 16 and younger also are present.
- Pot smoke included in Anchorage smoking ban Updated: Jun-10-15 12:25 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Marijuana smokers are joining tobacco users in being banned from lighting up inside Anchorage businesses.
- Harrah's New Orleans blames smoking ban for revenue decline Updated: Jun-09-15 6:33 am
NEW ORLEANS - Harrah's New Orleans Casino claims a new citywide smoking ban is to blame for a 16 percent decline in its revenue this month compared to a year ago.
- Indianapolis suburb adds e-cigarettes to public smoking ban Updated: Jun-03-15 6:11 am
GREENWOOD, Indiana - Officials in an Indianapolis suburb have voted to ban the use of electronic cigarettes in public places.
- New Orleans businesses ask judge to strike down smoking ban Updated: Jun-02-15 4:12 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A group of bars and restaurants asked a state judge on Tuesday to strike down a smoking ban that they said is hurting business.
- New Iberia residents, businesses ponder smoking ban Updated: Jun-02-15 3:49 am
NEW IBERIA, Louisiana - Residents will get a chance to voice their opinions on a proposal to ban smoking in bars in New Iberia.
- In a nation of smokers, Beijing bans lighting up indoors Updated: Jun-01-15 6:04 am
BEIJING - China's capital began imposing the country's toughest ban on smoking in public places Monday in hopes of stemming a looming health crisis in a society where smoking remains a nearly ubiquitous part of dining, social events and life in general.
- University of New Haven to ban tobacco products campus-wide Updated: May-31-15 1:52 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The University of New Haven is kicking off a campus-wide ban on all tobacco products with a celebration on Monday.
- 2 Central Illinois colleges readying for smoking ban Updated: May-31-15 5:04 am
NORMAL, Illinois - Two central Illinois schools are getting ready for a new state law that prohibits smoking on public college campuses starting July 1.