- Ex-state senator facing up to 20 years on racketeering Updated: Jul-02-15 3:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A former California state senator - once considered a leading candidate for a statewide office - is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to a racketeering charge in an organized crime case centered in San Francisco's Chinatown.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- NY court upholds racketeering counts from clinics Updated: Jun-30-15 11:58 am
ALBANY, New York - The state's top court has upheld racketeering convictions of a physician and chiropractor who worked with Manhattan medical clinics that ran up no-fault insurance bills.
- Spokane man pleads guilty to drug, racketeering charges Updated: Jun-24-15 10:37 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A Spokane man is facing 10 years in prison under his guilty pleas entered Tuesday on charges that he ran heroin, methamphetamine and women from Washington to the Missoula, Montana area.
- Man sentenced to 25 years after admitting to killing rival Updated: Jun-24-15 1:20 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - A 25-year prison sentence has been handed down to an Indiana street gang member who pleaded guilty to murder and racketeering conspiracy charges.
- Man who fled halfway house sentenced to 1 year in custody Updated: Jun-21-15 12:38 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A man who walked away from a Fargo halfway house as he was completing his sentence for racketeering has been sentenced to one year in custody.
- 3 Los Angeles gangs indicted for uniting in conspiracy Updated: Jun-18-15 9:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Three rival Los Angeles gangs united in a rare alliance to conspire to control drug trafficking and carried out crimes that included murder and extortion, federal prosecutors said Thursday in announcing a racketeering indictment against 22 gang members.
- New York mob boss, capo plead guilty in racketeering case Updated: Jun-18-15 7:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Six members of the Lucchese crime family, including a top New Jersey capo and a ruling boss in New York, have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from an investigation of an international gambling enterprise, the New Jersey attorney general said Thursday.
- FIFA's Blazer agreed to act undercover for US prosecutors Updated: Jun-15-15 9:15 pm
Former FIFA executive committee member Chuck Blazer agreed to act undercover for U.S. prosecutors and has been cooperating since at least 2011 in the government's investigation of soccer corruption.
- 14 alleged gang members indicted on racketeering charges Updated: Jun-11-15 2:25 pm
BALTIMORE - Local and federal authorities announced indictments against 14 men they say are members of a notoriously vicious gang known for violence, drug trafficking and witness intimidation both on Baltimore's streets and in its jails.
- 14 alleged gang members indicted on racketeering charges Updated: Jun-10-15 7:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Local and federal authorities announced indictments against 14 members of a notoriously vicious gang known for violence, drug trafficking and witness intimidation both on Baltimore's streets and in its jails.
- Feds announces arrest of Ohio man wanted on gang charges Updated: Jun-10-15 3:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Federal prosecutors say a suspected gang member wanted on racketeering, drug and weapons charges in Ohio has been arrested in North Carolina.
- Ex-biker gang leader's brother slain in burned Gary home Updated: Jun-08-15 1:05 pm
GARY, Indiana - A 68-year-old man found with his throat slashed inside a burning house in Gary over the weekend was the brother of a former Outlaws Motorcycle Club leader who's facing federal racketeering charges, authorities said.
- Ex-Democratic boss moves to overturn corruption conviction Updated: Jun-06-15 3:39 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former northern New Jersey Democratic power broker convicted of federal racketeering, wire fraud and bribery charges is now seeking a new trial or to have the verdicts overturned.