- 5 arrested in connection with Sydney police worker's killing Updated: Oct-06-15 6:05 pm
SYDNEY - Police arrested five people during a series of raids on Wednesday in connection with the slaying of a civilian police worker, which officials have said they believe was linked to terrorism.
- Cops: Teen pulled gun on college student, prompting lockdown Updated: Oct-06-15 1:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A teenager pulled a gun on a student outside a community college building, prompting a campus lockdown and police search and leading to the teen's arrest, police said.
- Casper teen pleads guilty to trying to run friend over Updated: Oct-06-15 10:58 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper teenager has pleaded guilty to trying to run over his friend with a car because he was angry.
- Boy, 12, arrested for bring handgun to Chalmette school Updated: Oct-06-15 7:52 am
CHALMETTE, Louisiana - St. Bernard Parish authorities have arrested a 12-year-old boy who took a handgun to Andrew Jackson Middle School. They say the boy also was in possession of ammunition.
- Teen charged in 2014 fatal crash in Southern California Updated: Oct-06-15 6:02 am
SANTA ANA, California - A Southern California teen is charged with manslaughter in connection with a crash that killed five other teens last year.
- Judge denies bail for teenager accused in 5 arson fires Updated: Oct-06-15 3:26 am
ENFIELD, Connecticut - A judge has denied a reduced bail request for a Connecticut teenager accused of setting five arson fires.
- Teen charged with accidentally shooting girlfriend in face Updated: Oct-05-15 7:41 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville teen is facing charges after authorities say he fatally shot his girlfriend while the two were smoking marijuana and playing with a gun.
- New trial date to be set for convicted Ohio judge Updated: Oct-05-15 6:17 pm
CINCINNATI - A second trial for a suspended juvenile court judge convicted last year of unlawful interest in a public contract is to be determined this month.
- Boy, 17, charged in Saratoga woman's shooting death Updated: Oct-05-15 5:45 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - A 17-year-old boy is charged with first-degree reckless homicide in the shooting death of his girlfriend's mother in central Wisconsin.
- Teenager, 17, gets 45 years to life in cab driver's murder Updated: Oct-05-15 4:09 pm
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - A teenager has been sentenced to 45 years to life in prison in the murder of a northeastern Pennsylvania cab driver who authorities said didn't take his preferred route.
- Teen arrested, charged as adult after man fatally shot Updated: Oct-05-15 12:16 pm
LANCASTER, South Carolina - Authorities in South Carolina say a teenager has been charged with killing a man in Lancaster.
- Trial to begin for teen charged in teacher's rape, killing Updated: Oct-05-15 8:28 am
BOSTON - One day in the fall of 2013, Colleen Ritzer asked one of her 9th-grade algebra students to stay after school. Hours later, the body of the popular, 24-year-old teacher was found in nearby woods, partly covered by leaves. She had been raped and her throat had been slit with a box cutter. Near her body was a note reading, "I hate you all."
- Teen driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 5 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:23 pm
IRVINE, California - A teenage driver who was at the wheel during a fiery freeway crash in Orange County last year that killed his five passengers has been charged with vehicular manslaughter.
- Prosecutors considering trying teen as adult in mom's death Updated: Oct-03-15 12:42 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - Prosecutors say a 14-year-old boy accused of strangling and stabbing his pregnant mother more than 20 times at the home they shared south of Houston will more than likely be certified to stand trial as an adult.
- Western Ohio man sentenced for shooting 12-year-old in face Updated: Oct-03-15 6:11 am
HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio - A 23-year-old western Ohio man has been sentenced to nearly 26 years in prison in a 2013 home break-in that ended with a 12-year-old girl being shot in the face.
- Albuquerque teens captured after night of fleeing police Updated: Oct-02-15 9:21 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A pair of Albuquerque teenagers suspected in a home invasion had a long night as they evaded police by hiding in an empty house and walking alone until the morning.
- Police charge Louisville teen with calling in school threats Updated: Oct-02-15 3:27 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Police say a Louisville high school student has been charged with terroristic threatening for calling in false threats that caused heightened security alerts at local schools.
- Teen arrested in Brooklyn Park homicide Updated: Oct-02-15 12:44 pm
BROOKLYN PARK, Minnesota - Police say a teenager has been arrested in a Brooklyn Park homicide case.
- UK teen in Australia terror plot jailed for at least 5 years Updated: Oct-02-15 10:09 am
LONDON - A 15-year-old British boy was sentenced Friday to at least five years in custody for organizing a terrorist plot to kill police officers in Australia.
- Slidell student arrested on weapons charge Updated: Oct-02-15 8:24 am
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Slidell police arrested a 14-year-old Northshore High School student after he brought an "airsoft" pistol and knife to school.
- 15-year-old to stand trial as adult in fatal shooting Updated: Oct-01-15 7:23 pm
TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, New Mexico - A 15-year-old youth is accused of fatally shooting a 30-year-old man in Truth or Consequences.
- Attorney: 16-year-old should be granted juvenile status Updated: Oct-01-15 7:03 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The younger of two brothers charged in the stabbing deaths of their parents and three siblings is challenging the constitutionality of a state law that denies him juvenile or youthful offender status in the case.
- Police say 14-year-old confesses to stabbing pregnant mother Updated: Oct-01-15 5:47 pm
HOUSTON - A 14-year-old boy has confessed to strangling and stabbing his pregnant mother more than 20 times in an attack at the home they shared south of Houston, investigators said Thursday.
- Legal experts support confidential juvenile court records Updated: Oct-01-15 5:03 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two legal experts are recommending the court records of Iowa's convicted juveniles be confidential and unavailable to the public in an effort to help young people who have completed probation turn their lives around.
- Student charged with attempted murder in S. Dakota shooting Updated: Oct-01-15 3:45 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A teenage student was charged Thursday with attempted murder in the shooting of a South Dakota high school principal who was lightly wounded in the arm.