- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Illinois weighs college aid for students in the US illegally Updated: Apr-29-16 3:34 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Laura Vivaldo considers herself fortunate among her Illinois college classmates who are in the U.S. illegally and struggle to pay tuition because they don't qualify for state or federal financial aid.
- May Day march planned to support workers, immigrant rights Updated: Apr-29-16 11:32 am
SEATTLE - Thousands of people are expected to turn out for Sunday's march in Seattle in support of workers and immigrant rights.
- Iranian refugee dies after setting himself on fire on Nauru Updated: Apr-29-16 1:40 am
SYDNEY - An Iranian refugee who set himself on fire at Australia's immigration detention camp on the Pacific island nation of Nauru died of his injuries on Friday, officials said.
- House advances bill targeting illegal immigration Updated: Apr-28-16 9:25 pm
PHOENIX - A bill that would stiffen sentences for immigrants in the country illegally has advanced in the House, despite critics saying the proposal creates a separate system of justice for non-citizens.
- The Latest: 3 tied to terror shooter deny sham-marriage plot Updated: Apr-28-16 8:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- Mexico charges 4 detectives with holding foreigners Updated: Apr-28-16 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge in Mexico has ordered two federal detectives and two ex-detectives to stand trial on charges of kidnaping for extortion for allegedly holding 15 South American women briefly to demand a bribe for not reporting them to immigration authorities.
- Woman, 34, who ran network of brothels is heading to prison Updated: Apr-28-16 3:59 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman who illegally managed a network of at least eight brothels across the state is heading to prison.
- Former refugee wants to earn Rio taekwondo medal as Belgian Updated: Apr-27-16 7:29 am
BRUSSELS - For a refugee, competing in the Olympics is an improbable dream. Now, former Iranian taekwondo fighter Raheleh Asemani seeks to go one better - earn a medal for her newly adopted nation, Belgium.
- Danes face smuggling charges for giving migrants a lift Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Already under fire for ordering police to seize jewelry from asylum-seekers, Denmark is seeing its humanitarian credentials once again being questioned as it presses smuggling charges against people who gave migrants a ride to neighboring Sweden.
- Bill seeks to open California health exchange to immigrants Updated: Apr-26-16 8:27 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's Legislature is considering asking the federal government for permission to sell health insurance through the Covered California exchange to people who can't prove they're legally in the country.
- Immigrant students seek in-state tuition in Georgia Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 pm
ATLANTA - A group of young people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children and who have been granted temporary permission to stay is asking a judge to order the Georgia university system to allow them to pay in-state tuition.
- Former Pasco cop wants coroner removed from inquest Updated: Apr-26-16 11:31 am
PASCO, Washington - A former Pasco police officer involved in the fatal shooting of a Mexican immigrant last year is asking a judge to remove the Franklin County coroner from an inquest into the man's death.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services to open Buffalo site Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 am
BUFFALO, New York - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is celebrating the opening of a new Buffalo field office.
- Gov. Walker signs bill banning local government IDs Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Advocacy groups and Milwaukee officials are exploring new ways to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally after Gov. Scott Walker signed a bill hindering their current effort Monday.
- Bill OK'd to protect immigrants in legal cases Updated: Apr-25-16 3:41 pm
DENVER - A bill to protect Spanish-speaking immigrants from unknowingly hiring non-attorneys to represent them in immigration matters has passed the state Senate.
- Indianapolis police seek to engage immigrant communities Updated: Apr-25-16 3:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department program is encouraging officer engagement with immigrant communities.
- Immigration takes center stage in UK campaign to leave EU Updated: Apr-25-16 6:01 am
LONDON - U.K. politicians who want Britain to leave the European Union are fighting back after President Barack Obama sided with those who want the country to stay in the 28-nation bloc.
- House to resume debate on releasing EB-5 emails Updated: Apr-25-16 12:20 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont House is set this week to resume debate on competing resolutions addressing records possibly related to state and federal fraud investigations into a series of development projects in northern Vermont.
- Austrian law-and-order presidential candidate wins 1st round Updated: Apr-24-16 3:07 pm
VIENNA - The law-and-order candidate of Austria's right-wing party swept the first round of presidential elections on Sunday, winning over 35 percent of the vote for the party's best ever result. Government coalition contenders were among the five losers, signaling deep voter rejection and political uncertainty ahead.
- Student passionate about helping others, improving himself Updated: Apr-23-16 9:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Seventeen-year-old Kevin Davila an International Baccalaureate senior at Annapolis High, shakes his head when asked about the tall wall Donald Trump claims will be erected between the United States and Mexico to keep out immigrants if he's elected president.
- Undocumented immigrants have prosperous careers Updated: Apr-23-16 3:01 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The world of undocumented immigrants includes maids and farmworkers, several families under one roof and people living in the shadows.
- Vermont House starts, puts off debate on EB-5 emails Updated: Apr-22-16 3:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont House will resume debate next week on the release of documents possibly related to an immigrant investor scandal.
- GOP takes on Library of Congress on immigration terminology Updated: Apr-22-16 3:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress may not be able to reform the immigration system, fix the broken tax code or even pass a budget. But it's telling the Library of Congress how to label immigrants living in the country illegally.
- Woman from Guatemala gets 3 years in US human smuggling case Updated: Apr-22-16 3:33 pm
HOUSTON - A Guatemalan woman must serve three years in a U.S. prison for helping smuggle immigrants from India into Texas via Mexico.