- NYC to review Trump contracts after controversial remarks Updated: Jul-01-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - New York City officials are reviewing the city's contracts with Donald Trump after statements the GOP presidential hopeful made about Mexican immigrants.
- Arizona appeals order granting DREAMers in-state tuition Updated: Jul-01-15 7:23 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich on Wednesday appealed a judge's ruling that said young immigrants granted deferred deportation status by the Obama administration were eligible for in-state college tuition.
- Officials: FBI won't allow Utah to flag immigrant drivers Updated: Jul-01-15 7:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State officials say the FBI is making it difficult for Utah to enforce a new state law that would beef up background checks for driving privilege cards issued to immigrants who illegally entered the country.
- New Mexico governor denounces Trump's comments Updated: Jul-01-15 5:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez is denouncing GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump's recent remarks about Mexican immigrants.
- Golf organizations distance themselves from Trump Updated: Jul-01-15 4:40 pm
Donald Trump says the golf industry supports him because "they know I'm right." Four leading golf organizations said he's wrong.
- Macy's dumps Trump clothing line in response to comments Updated: Jul-01-15 11:11 am
NEW YORK - Macy's is the latest company to end its relationship with Donald Trump as the fallout from the real estate mogul's remarks about Mexican immigrants continues.
- Afghan soldier who fled US training site granted asylum Updated: Jul-01-15 8:50 am
BUFFALO, New York - Federal officials have granted asylum to an Afghan military officer who along with two comrades slipped away from a U.S. training exercise in Massachusetts to avoid being sent back home.
- New Danish government tightens immigration law Updated: Jul-01-15 7:07 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's new center-right minority government has reached its first deal with its political allies, including the anti-immigrant Danish People's Party, aimed at reducing the number of asylum-seekers by lowering social benefits.
- New Delaware law allows immigrant driving cards Updated: Jun-30-15 11:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation allowing certain people living in the U.S. illegally to gain driving privileges in Delaware.
- Pope to meet with homeless, prisoners and immigrants in US Updated: Jun-30-15 3:58 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis will meet with homeless people, immigrants and prisoners during his upcoming trip to Cuba and the United States and become the first pope to address the U.S. Congress. He'll also preside over a meeting about religious liberty - a major issue for U.S. bishops in the wake of the Supreme Court's gay marriage decision.
- Complaint: Family detention can lead to psychological harm Updated: Jun-30-15 2:51 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Detaining immigrant women and children who may have fled violence in their home country "creates or exacerbates" psychological trauma, according to a complaint filed Tuesday by immigrant rights groups with the Department of Homeland Security.
- DMV expands documents accepted for immigrant driver license Updated: Jun-30-15 2:33 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California has expanded the list of identity documents that immigrants in the country illegally can use to apply for a driver's license.
- Will latest inflammatory comments tarnish Trump's brand? Updated: Jun-30-15 2:02 pm
NEW YORK - Is Donald Trump's business empire as Teflon-coated as his hair appears to be?
- Carlos Slim's Ora TV latest company to dump Trump Updated: Jun-30-15 1:53 pm
NEW YORK - A TV company backed by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim says it will scrap a project it was developing with real estate mogul Donald Trump because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants.
- EU official: Hungary's immigrant flow like in Italy, Greece Updated: Jun-30-15 8:37 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The pressure faced by Hungary from flows of migrants and refugees is similar to what Greece and Italy are facing with migration across the Mediterranean Sea, the European Union's top migration official said Tuesday.
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired; Televisa drops pageant Updated: Jun-29-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - NBC said Monday that it is ending its business relationship with mogul and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump because of comments he made about Mexican immigrants during the announcement of his campaign.
- Transgender immigration detainees may be housed by gender Updated: Jun-29-15 7:13 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Immigration authorities will consider housing transgender detainees based on the gender they identify with in the wake of criticism about detention conditions for the population, officials said on Monday.
- Trump to consider suing after NBC ends business dealings Updated: Jun-29-15 6:27 pm
CHICAGO - Donald Trump says he'll consider suing after NBC announced it's ending its business relationship with the Republican presidential candidate over comments he made about immigrants during his campaign kickoff.
- Petition for NBC to cut ties with Trump draws 200,000 names Updated: Jun-29-15 11:54 am
NEW YORK - A petition asking NBC to fire Donald Trump has collected more than 200,000 signatures.
- Volunteers help to ID immigrant remains buried in Texas Updated: Jun-28-15 4:24 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Forensic specialists in Texas are receiving volunteer help from other states as they work to identify the remains of 90 people discovered buried in a South Texas cemetery last year.
- 35 California counties extend health care to immigrants Updated: Jun-27-15 2:05 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A group of 35 California counties have agreed to provide basic health care to people who are in the United States illegally.
- Denmark to get a 1-party minority government Updated: Jun-27-15 9:46 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's Royal Palace says the leader of Denmark's center-right Liberals will present a new small, minority government with his party alone but backed by a parliamentary majority.
- Dominican Republic certifies citizenship of 55,000 Updated: Jun-26-15 9:22 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - The Dominican Republic announced Friday that it has certified the nationality of about 55,000 people who had spent eight years in bureaucratic limbo because their citizenship was in doubt.
- Caseworker says Burmese immigrant shot in fatal robbery Updated: Jun-26-15 7:39 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jay Ro was peeling garlic to help his wife prepare a traditional Burmese breakfast for a guest when his 11-year-old son walked into the room - with a stranger holding a gun against the boy's neck.
- Hundreds rally against refugees in 2nd largest Czech city Updated: Jun-26-15 3:29 pm
BRNO, Czech Republic - Hundreds of far right supporters have rallied against immigration and Islam in the Czech Republic's second largest city Brno, while others gathered nearby in support of immigration.