- Correction: Referee Punched story Updated: Oct-07-15 11:50 am
KISSIMMEE, Florida - In an Oct. 5 story about a referee being punched after a disputed call at a football game, The Associated Press erroneously described the suspect. The suspect described himself as a youth league coach, not a high school football coach.
- Youth wrestling coach accused of abusing 6 boys Updated: Oct-02-15 5:51 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A youth wrestling coach who has worked with hundreds of children in the Portland area was arrested on accusations he sexually abused six boys, the authorities said Friday.
- 2 youth football teams expelled from league after fan brawl Updated: Oct-01-15 10:45 am
SAN DIEGO - Two youth football teams have been expelled from a Southern California league after a brawl between fans resulted in a police response.
- New MLB commissioner envisions more speed-up experiments Updated: Sep-30-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - Rob Manfred envisions more experiments with speed-up rules, such as limiting pitching changes and trips to the mound, or requiring each pitcher to face multiple batters.
- Prime ministers from New Zealand, Curacao at Red Sox-Yankees Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 pm
NEW YORK - Be it a president, king or emir, there's plenty that world leaders in town for the United Nations General Assembly can enjoy in their spare time.
- Schilling set to return to ESPN for postseason coverage Updated: Sep-27-15 12:40 pm
LOUDON, New Hampshire - Curt Schilling is headed back to television for ESPN.
- Student with disabilities becomes a flag football player Updated: Sep-27-15 9:02 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A photo of the principal at Carrcroft Elementary bringing a student with cerebral palsy into a flag football game is drawing widespread praise on social media.
- Kansas City, Royals, MLB plan urban youth academy Updated: Sep-25-15 5:00 pm
- Kansas City to establish inner-city youth baseball academy Updated: Sep-25-15 2:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals are teaming with Kansas City officials, Major League Baseball and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum on a youth academy that will include an indoor training facility and outdoor fields.
- Youth baseball coach charged with child molestation Updated: Sep-18-15 2:52 pm
NEWNAN, Georgia - Authorities say a youth baseball coach has been arrested for allegedly sending sexually explicit messages to a 14-year-old through social media.
- Tampa Bay Lightning owner to spend $6 million on kids hockey Updated: Sep-15-15 3:01 am
TAMPA, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning owner Jeff Vinik says the team will spend more than $6 million over the next five years to expand the sport of youth hockey in the region.
- Treasurer of Woodburn youth baseball league accused of theft Updated: Sep-11-15 10:41 am
WOODBURN, Oregon - Woodburn police arrested a woman accused of stealing more than $8,000 from a youth baseball organization.
- 13-year-olds being phased out of Little League Updated: Sep-10-15 4:47 pm
Little League is getting younger.
- More than $5,000 stolen from youth football league storage Updated: Sep-10-15 1:46 pm
MIDDLETON, Rhode Island - Authorities say more than $5,000 was stolen from a youth football league in Rhode Island.