- Accused Williston teacher and coach pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 10:26 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston teacher and coach accused of a sex crime involving an 18-year-old girl has pleaded not guilty.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-27-16 5:25 am
The Aurora Sentinel, April 20, on Colorado schools having Native American mascots and names:
- Suit: Cops violated rights of man taking kids for ice cream Updated: Apr-26-16 4:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two Connecticut officers are accused of violating a black man's rights during a traffic stop last year when they frisked him and searched his car as his two frightened sons sat in the back seat, according to a lawsuit announced Tuesday.
- ESPN fires former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling as analyst Updated: Apr-21-16 12:40 am
Curt Schilling helped the Boston Red Sox end an 86-year championship drought and then immediately started squandering the goodwill he had earned.
- Vegas youth football player dead after collapsing on field Updated: Apr-20-16 1:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities in Las Vegas are investigating the sudden death of a 14-year-old lineman who collapsed at halftime of a National Youth Sports football game.
- Serena, Gruden campaign for youth sports funding Updated: Apr-15-16 8:48 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams knows firsthand the dangers of underfinanced youth sports across the nation.
- Ex-little league coach pleads guilty to sexual abuse charges Updated: Apr-15-16 3:40 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, West Virginia - A former Little League Baseball Coach accused of sexually abusing children has entered a guilty plea in Fayette County Circuit Court.
- Police: Woman, 52, stole $50K from youth football league Updated: Apr-14-16 5:50 am
CANASTOTA, New York - A central New York woman is accused of stealing tens of thousands of dollars from a youth football league while serving as its treasurer.
- Youth sports volunteers banned for offensive comments Updated: Apr-12-16 8:30 am
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - A youth sports organization has banned two volunteers after they were overheard making allegedly racist comments at a wrestling tournament in Aberdeen earlier this month.
- Games offer farewell to field at site of old Tiger Stadium Updated: Apr-11-16 10:49 am
DETROIT - Volunteers and baseball fans gathered over the weekend at the site of the old Tiger Stadium for a farewell of sorts to the grass field.
- Marshall professor chronicles baseball experience in book Updated: Apr-09-16 12:28 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Kat Williams was growing up in a working-class family in Louisville, Kentucky, she didn't always get it right. Her clothes weren't right. The character on her lunchbox wasn't right. And, struggling through school with undiagnosed dyslexia, her schoolwork certainly wasn't right.
- Former youth soccer coach sentenced for seeking underage sex Updated: Apr-05-16 2:32 pm
SEATTLE - A former youth soccer coach has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison after seeking sex with a person he believed was a 12-year-old girl, but was an undercover agent.
- Pennsylvania youth soccer league bans headers under 11 Updated: Mar-31-16 7:57 am
PITTSBURGH - The largest youth soccer league in western Pennsylvania has banned headers for players younger than 11.