- Framingham man pleads not guilty to embezzling soccer club Updated: Jul-03-15 8:05 am
FRAMINGHAM, Massachusetts - The former volunteer treasurer of a Framingham youth soccer league has pleaded not guilty to embezzling more than $200,000 from the nonprofit and the real estate management firm where he worked.
- John Smoltz the 1st HOFer following Tommy John surgery Updated: Jul-02-15 6:30 pm
When John Smoltz is inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in three weeks he'll be the first player enshrined following Tommy John surgery.
- Little League disallows use of yellow ball for albino boy Updated: Jul-02-15 12:06 pm
GROSSE POINTE WOODS, Michigan - A 13-year-old Detroit area boy with a visual impairment due to albinism has been denied the use of an easier-to-see baseball during a national Little League tournament.
- Bayview Yacht Club celebrates 100th anniversary Updated: Jul-02-15 4:12 am
DETROIT - The reason sailors join Bayview Yacht Club differs for each member.
- Women's soccer fever grips England in historic World Cup run Updated: Jun-30-15 12:48 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The movie "Bend It Like Beckham" first got Kiera Burke interested in soccer. During the 2012 Olympics, she went to Manchester United's Old Trafford stadium to watch the women's teams from United States and Canada play a thrilling semifinal.
- Pronger, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Ruggiero among Hockey Hall picks Updated: Jun-29-15 7:30 pm
TORONTO - Chris Pronger always seemed destined for the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Mistrial in molestation case against former coach Updated: Jun-25-15 7:53 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Prosecutors are going to retry the case against a former youth basketball coach and foster parent who they say had criminal sexual contact with a 10-year-old relative.
- Former Chicago Little League team suing over stripped title Updated: Jun-24-15 7:12 pm
CHICAGO - A former Chicago Little League team announced a lawsuit Wednesday against the sport's governing body, accusing it of improperly stripping the young athletes of the national title that made them hometown heroes and nationally known and refusing to provide the information used to make the stunning decision.
- Olympic-style opening ceremony set at Marshall soccer event Updated: Jun-24-15 3:09 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - An Olympic-style opening ceremony will be held at a youth soccer tournament featuring teams from 13 states at Marshall University.
- Little leaguer Mo'ne Davis meets Braves' slugger Hank Aaron Updated: Jun-23-15 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - Hank Aaron can appreciate someone with the ability and fortitude to overcome challenges.
- Support campaign raises thousands for slain officer's causes Updated: Jun-20-15 2:25 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha campaign that began as a way to show support for police is now raising thousands of dollars for youth sports and other causes championed by Officer Kerrie Orozco, who was killed in the line of duty last month.
- Rays beat Nationals 5-3 as Harper leaves game Updated: Jun-19-15 12:35 am
WASHINGTON - While the crowd at Nationals Park was worried about the home team's star slugger Thursday night, the Tampa Bay Rays left town with a two-game sweep.
- Little League to use $4M in TV money to expand programs Updated: Jun-18-15 5:24 pm
Little League is turning $4 million in new television revenue into more opportunities for local youth teams.
- Dallas-area youth soccer coach accused of indecency Updated: Jun-16-15 11:24 am
DALLAS - A Dallas-area youth soccer coach has been charged with molesting an athlete in an investigation that began with allegations from three ex-players.
- Vote delayed on $76M sports center in Indianapolis suburb Updated: Jun-15-15 1:41 pm
FISHERS, Indiana - A vote has been delayed on millions of dollars in public incentives for a proposed $76.4 million recreational sports complex in suburban Indianapolis as developers look to finalize financing.
- 9-year-old girl's fifth season to play baseball with boys Updated: Jun-09-15 4:26 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - Darby Brown wasn't sure she was going to play baseball this year.
- Concussions drive movement to curb headers in youth soccer Updated: Jun-07-15 2:24 pm
Gracie Hussey was just 7 when she had her first concussion. In a youth soccer match, she was trying to head the ball into the goal when she collided with another player.