- Samardzija makes big league upgrades at hometown field Updated: May-27-16 12:53 pm
VALPARAISO, Indiana - San Francisco Giants pitcher Jeff Samardzija and his family are giving a ball park in his hometown a big league upgrade.
- Coroner: Wrestling coach victim in murder-suicide Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
SLATINGTON, Pennsylvania - A youth wrestling coach was fatally shot in what a coroner says was a murder-suicide in an eastern Pennsylvania home.
- Event marks renovation of ball field, equipment drive launch Updated: May-24-16 9:18 pm
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - The YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is marking the renovation of a baseball field and launch of an equipment drive for a youth league.
- Anderson youth basketball league targets at-risk children Updated: May-22-16 4:55 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - A new Anderson youth basketball league is making a splash in its first year of existence.
- Pennsylvania girl wrestling champ eyes national, world meets Updated: May-20-16 10:46 am
KENNETT SQUARE, Pennsylvania - Wrestling may be a male-dominated sport, but don't tell that to Mary Nichols.
- 16-year-old boy charged in Haverhill double shooting Updated: May-17-16 9:06 am
HAVERHILL, Massachusetts - Police have charged a 16-year-old boy with shooting two people at a Haverhill park over the weekend while a youth baseball game was being played nearby.
- Ex-Banks coach gets jail for planning to meet teen for sex Updated: May-14-16 4:56 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A former Banks youth soccer coach has been sentenced to 30 days in jail for arranging to meet a 14-year-old girl in Vancouver for sex.
- Dartmouth coach: Tackle-free practice reduces concussions Updated: May-13-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Dartmouth football coach Buddy Teevens makes a promise to recruited players before they take the field: "In four years, you will never tackle another Dartmouth football player."
- Teen football player whose injury raised safety efforts dies Updated: May-12-16 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Donnovan Hill, the California teenager whose paralyzing football injury led to increased safety protections for young players after he sued a youth league, has died, a lawyer for his family said Thursday.
- Pop Warner bans kickoffs in 3 youngest age divisions Updated: May-12-16 6:11 pm
LANGHORNE, Pennsylvania - Pop Warner said Thursday it is eliminating kickoffs in its three youngest football divisions, another safety-focused rules change sure to be noticed and discussed at higher levels of the game.
- 2 accused of threatening football officials to face trial Updated: May-11-16 11:59 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Pennsylvania - A youth football player's father and a waitress who worked with him have been ordered to trial on charges that they threatened Pennsylvania youth football leagues officials, prompting cancellation of its season.
- Frederick woman wins US chess championship Updated: May-07-16 9:01 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Nazi Paikidze planned every day of her trip to Missouri for the U.S. Women's Chess Championship.
- Oregon lays out guidelines for transgender students Updated: May-06-16 3:40 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Education has suggested that all transgender students in the state should be able to use whatever names, bathrooms and pronouns they want.
- School sacks nation's last tackle powder-puff football game Updated: May-03-16 4:31 pm
JUPITER, Florida - What boosters describe as the nation's last tackle powder-puff football game is no more, at least for now.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- Lacrosse championships coming after team benchmarks met Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - High school state championships for lacrosse in Illinois are coming after benchmarks for the number of teams were met.
- Officials break ground on Cedar Point youth sports complex Updated: Apr-30-16 11:21 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Officials at Ohio's Cedar Point amusement park have broken ground on a $23.5 million youth-sports complex.
- Accused Williston teacher and coach pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-29-16 10:26 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A Williston teacher and coach accused of a sex crime involving an 18-year-old girl has pleaded not guilty.