- Illinois youth soccer group bans hitting ball with head Updated: Feb-12-16 9:49 am
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - The group that governs 81,000 young soccer players in Illinois says it will no longer let athletes age 10 and younger use their heads to strike the ball.
- Jackie Robinson West parents sue league, ESPN, whistleblower Updated: Feb-11-16 11:29 pm
CHICAGO - The parents of 13 members of the Chicago Little League team stripped last year of its 2014 U.S. championship are suing team officials, Little League Baseball, an ESPN sportscaster and the man who exposed the team's residency violations.
- Police: Child pornography offender ran youth sports video business Updated: Feb-11-16 10:38 am
GLENWILLARD, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man violated his probation for possessing child pornography by running a business that produced videos of youth sporting events.
- Youth baseball coach convicted of groping 2 boys in Lincoln Updated: Feb-10-16 8:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 34-year-old youth baseball coach has been convicted of sexually assaulting two boys in Lincoln.
- Ex-NY soccer official gets 4 years for running Ponzi scheme Updated: Feb-10-16 5:08 am
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A former president of a suburban New York youth soccer club is heading to prison for more than a year after admitting in federal court to running a $5 million Ponzi scheme.
- Parish wants to boost tourism with youth sports tournaments Updated: Feb-08-16 6:22 am
COLYELL, Louisiana - Livingston Parish officials want to boost tourism by creating regular youth sports tournaments.
- Goalie Marty Brodeur gets statue, NJ Devils jersey retired Updated: Feb-06-16 3:06 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Even after retiring, Marty Brodeur is still the face of New Jersey Devils' hockey.
- NFL critic crashes news conference about concussions Updated: Feb-04-16 9:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - An uninvited guest at the NFL's annual pre-Super Bowl news conference about health and safety, Chris Nowinski stood nearby and listened Thursday as one of the league's chief advisers about concussions declined to acknowledge a link between football and the brain disease called CTE.
- Plans move forward for redevelopment of Tiger Stadium site Updated: Feb-02-16 6:08 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Police Athletic League says an April groundbreaking is planned for its new headquarters and youth sports facility at the site of the old Tiger Stadium.
- Former NBA great supports officer who joined kids in game Updated: Jan-24-16 12:49 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Former NBA great Shaquille O'Neal is showing his support for a Gainesville police officer who responded to a noise complaint about kids playing basketball by joining in the game.
- Santa Barbara County youth sports league hit by theft Updated: Jan-22-16 9:37 am
SANTA MARIA, California - A Santa Barbara County youth softball league has been hit hard by the theft of more than $15,000 worth of equipment.
- Friends, former players gather to remember coach Gary Munsen Updated: Jan-18-16 4:39 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Friends, family and former players have gathered to remember longtime Mitchell High School basketball coach Gary Munsen.
- Tupelo Parks & Rec moves to paperless registration Updated: Jan-15-16 11:08 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Tupelo Parks & Recreation department has switched to a computer-based system that not only eliminates paper waste, but also allows residents to register online from home.
- Kentucky man pleads not guilty in kidnapping, death of girl Updated: Jan-13-16 5:58 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - A south-central Kentucky man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he killed a 7-year-old girl who disappeared from a youth football game.
- Judge Rules for NFL, soccer league loses bid for fields Updated: Jan-13-16 11:10 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California judge has ruled against a youth soccer league that wanted to boot the NFL from soccer fields being used as the Super Bowl 50 media village.