- GOP officials reject Democratic lawmaker's White House trip Updated: May-24-16 6:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee state senators have been reimbursed for out-of-state travel for meetings from Florida to Alaska, and on topics ranging from school vouchers to the dangers of radical Islam. But GOP leaders say a Democrat's trip to the White House doesn't qualify.
- Tunisian Islamist party to separate religious, politics work Updated: May-23-16 12:34 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - Tunisia's Islamist Ennahda party voted Monday to separate its political and religious work, part of its effort to cast itself in line with the North African country's secular political heritage.
- Bangladesh police say Buddhist monk killed in monastery Updated: May-14-16 8:21 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A 75-year-old Buddhist monk has been killed in a monastery in southeastern Bangladesh, police said Saturday.
- Turkey's Erdogan decries execution of Bangladeshi Islamist Updated: May-12-16 6:19 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president strongly condemned the execution of an Islamist party leader in Bangladesh.
- Home Minister: Bangladesh executes leader of Islamist party Updated: May-10-16 11:55 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The head of Bangladesh's largest Islamist party was executed early Wednesday for his role in acts of genocide and war crimes during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971, a senior government official said.
- Bangladesh professor under 24-hour armed guard after threats Updated: May-06-16 3:57 am
NEW DELHI - After a Dhaka University professor asked a woman to remove her veil during his class, Muslim extremists called for his death, posting his personal details online along with tips on how to kill. Today, he remains under constant guard by armed police, stays mostly at home and bars his front door.
- 9 Muslim Albanians jailed for recruiting for terror groups Updated: May-04-16 3:25 am
TIRANA, Albania - An Albanian court has sentenced nine Muslims to jail terms ranging from seven to 18 years for inciting terror, recruiting and sending more than 70 men to join rebel groups in Syria.