- The Latest: Trafficking surges in fake Syrian passports Updated: Sep-01-15 10:10 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The latest developments as tens of thousands of migrants flood into countries across Europe. All times local (CET):
- South Sudan rebel leader: Cease-fire, peace pact in danger Updated: Aug-31-15 1:34 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - South Sudan's rebel leader is warning attacks by government troops on rebel-held areas could sabotage a peace agreement.
- Young Lebanese activists challenge old political class Updated: Aug-26-15 5:29 pm
BEIRUT - First they egged the prime minister's building. Then they dumped some of the garbage piling up on Beirut's streets outside the home of the environment minister, furious the government couldn't get its act together to find a solution when Lebanon's main landfill shut down.
- Tunisia's young democracy stumbles under terror threat Updated: Aug-24-15 8:22 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - The seven men spent a week in a Tunisian prison on terrorism charges, suffering what they claim was torture under custody, before a judge released them for lack of evidence. But as they stepped out of the courthouse in early August, plainclothes policemen swooped in and spirited them away.
- Syrian rebel leader seeks Europe - fleeing gov't and jihadis Updated: Aug-17-15 12:38 pm
KOS, Greece - In the jostling chaos of a crammed refugee center, one man tries to introduce order - forming migrants into lines and collecting names for overwhelmed Greek police clerks.
- Croatia celebrates independence while rival Serbs mourn Updated: Aug-04-15 3:14 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Tanks rumbled and soldiers marched as Croatia held a military parade Tuesday to mark the 20th anniversary of sealing its independence from Yugoslavia, while neighboring Serbia mourned victims of the military operation that marked the end of a four-year war.
- US begins armed drone flights from Turkey Updated: Aug-03-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. military is expanding its combat role in Syria in defense of coalition-backed rebels, conducting armed drone missions into Syria from an air base in Turkey and imposing new rules allowing the U.S. to defend rebels against attacks from any hostile force, including the Assad government.