- Congress' grade so far? Incomplete at best Updated: May-27-16 4:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is racing toward its summer break, but like a procrastinating college kid it has tons of work to catch up on to avoid a report card laden with grades of incomplete or even worse.
- Minneapolis approves mandatory paid sick leave ordinance Updated: May-27-16 4:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Thousands of people who work in Minneapolis will gain eligibility for paid sick time starting next summer under an ordinance approved Friday.
- Online retailer on track to hire 1,000 for Maine operations Updated: May-27-16 9:44 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A company executive says an online home furnishings retailer is on track to hire 1,000 workers for its operations opening this summer in Maine.
- Labor officials remind employers to obey child labor laws Updated: May-26-16 4:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - As students across Tennessee look for summer jobs, state Department of Labor and Workforce Development officials are reminding employers about child labor laws that ensure teens are safe.
- Metro: weekend work to rail riders over Memorial Day weekend Updated: May-26-16 3:52 am
WASHINGTON - Metro says weekend work will affect riders using the rail system over the Memorial Day holiday.
- Cook County programs gives youth summer forest preserve jobs Updated: May-25-16 10:48 pm
CHICAGO - More than 100 young people will get the chance to earn money and experience the outdoors through a summer jobs program in Cook County's forest preserves.
- Port of Seattle hires to speed up Sea-Tac security lines Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SEATAC, Washington - The Port of Seattle is aiming to speed up security line waits at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport by hiring private contractors to work at checkpoints during the summer.
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: May-19-16 1:26 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Bismarck Tribune, Bismarck, May 18, 2016
- Conservation projects to focus on climate change adjustment Updated: May-18-16 9:02 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - An Upper Peninsula nonprofit says it's expanding a summer work program in which crews perform a variety of conservation services.
- Indianapolis gets federal funds for youth jobs program Updated: May-16-16 10:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis is set to receive $2 million in federal money that will help pay for a summer jobs program for disadvantaged youth.
- Detroit summer youth jobs effort gets $2M in federal funding Updated: May-16-16 3:36 pm
DETROIT - Officials say a Detroit summer job program for youth and young adults is getting a $2 million federal grant.
- Restored Clearwater readied for a return to Hudson River Updated: May-15-16 8:26 am
BEACON, New York - The sloop Clearwater is being readied for a return to the Hudson River after a winter of restoration work.
- State department says youth should use employment services Updated: May-09-16 7:36 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The state Department of Labor and Regulation says young adults finalizing their summer plans should pay a visit to their local department office for employment services.
- Woodstock's deputy police chief appointed to top cop job Updated: May-06-16 8:54 am
WOODSTOCK, Illinois - The deputy police chief in Woodstock has been appointed to take the top job after the chief retires this summer.