- Detroit youth jobs initiative tops 1,200 registrations Updated: Feb-05-16 2:19 am
DETROIT - Registrations for Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan's initiative to get jobs for city youth ages 14-24 this summer have topped 1,200 less than 48 hours after launch.
- Anxiety high as Baltimore residents head back to work Updated: Jan-26-16 4:17 pm
BALTIMORE - After a monstrous winter storm dumped more than 2 feet of snow, Baltimore residents scrambled to free their cars Tuesday in order to make it to work. But with many side streets still unplowed, residents were anxious about their chances of getting to the office on time, if at all.
- Agency cites Minnesota company in dock worker death Updated: Jan-25-16 2:43 pm
WINONA, Minnesota - A federal workplace safety agency is citing a Winona company in the death of a dock worker last summer.
- Call center employing 250 in Asheville to close Updated: Jan-22-16 10:21 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A company that operates a call center in Asheville that employs 250 workers says it is closing the center this summer.
- Miners defiant as dredging moratorium begins Updated: Jan-15-16 10:10 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The head of the Galice Mining District says some miners are violating a new state ban on suction-dredge mining, telling the state of Oregon to "drop dead" while the two sides square off in a federal court case.
- Lowe's increases seasonal worker hiring to about 46,000 Updated: Jan-14-16 1:16 pm
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Home improvement retailer Lowe's said Thursday that it plans to hire 46,000 seasonal employees for the spring and summer, its busiest time of the year. That's about 15 percent more seasonal workers than it hired in 2015.
- Weekend work to affect 4 of 6 rail lines Updated: Jan-13-16 8:14 am
WASHINGTON - Metro says weekend work will affect four of its six rail lines.
- Job cuts at Macy's signal hard times ahead for retailers Updated: Jan-07-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Macy's is slashing jobs, a harbinger of hard times for retailers after a holiday season that saw a noticeable shift to online shopping and away from physical stores.