- Billings employee pleads guilty to stealing $25,000 from job Updated: May-25-16 3:36 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A former employee of a Billings-based beverage distributing company has admitted to stealing more than $25,000 from the company and lying about her income on tax returns.
- French raid Google in latest probe into tech's tax tactics Updated: May-24-16 3:41 pm
PARIS - Police raided Google's French headquarters Tuesday looking for evidence of "aggravated tax fraud," marking one of Europe's most conspicuous attempts yet to cast a U.S. technology leader as a manipulative scofflaw.
- Restaurant owner pleads guilty to tax fraud Updated: May-24-16 2:55 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say the owner of pizza franchises throughout the Southeast has pleaded guilty to submitting false tax returns.
- Defendant pleads guilty in stock, money-laundering scheme Updated: May-24-16 7:37 am
NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors in New York say a Belize resident has pleaded guilty to money laundering conspiracy for helping clients profit off illegal stock trades and then laundering more than $250 million.
- Ex-Richland deputy gets 1 year in prison on fraud charge Updated: May-24-16 7:16 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A former Richland County sheriff's deputy has been sentenced to a year and a day in prison for her role in several fraud schemes.
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Ron Mix admits felony tax fraud Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Pro Football Hall of Fame Member Ron Mix faces up to three years in federal prison after pleading guilty in Missouri to a felony tax-fraud charge.
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to tax fraud scheme Updated: May-21-16 12:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Federal officials say an Oregon woman has pleaded guilty to running an income tax refund fraud scheme.
- Tax preparer pleads guilty in federal tax case Updated: May-20-16 12:45 am
NEW ORLEANS - A tax preparer faces federal prison time after she admitted leaving out $315,004 worth of income on her tax returns.
- Woman sentenced to 15 months in prison in embezzlement case Updated: May-19-16 2:39 pm
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A Vermont woman has been sentenced to 15 months in prison after she pleaded guilty to wire fraud and filing a false tax return.
- 3-year sentence for Hammond woman in tax fraud case Updated: May-19-16 1:34 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Hammond woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for a multi-year tax fraud scheme.
- Prison term for Florida lawyer who evaded $1.5 million taxes Updated: May-18-16 4:02 pm
MIAMI - A South Florida lawyer is headed to prison for 2 ½ years for evading $1.5 million in federal income taxes by hiding numerous assets and sources of income.
- Christian charity head admits using donations for sex habit Updated: May-17-16 5:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The president of a Christian charity in Iowa admitted that he embezzled nearly a half-million dollars in donations and used the money to pay for a sex addiction, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
- Indictment: Disbarred lawyer stole more than $1.5 million Updated: May-17-16 11:27 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - State authorities say a former lawyer accused of stealing more than $1.5 million from five clients has been indicted on money laundering charges.
- Prosecutors: Accounting firm to pay Medicare programs $105K Updated: May-17-16 10:16 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - The accounting firm for a former boarding facility for socially and emotionally challenged children is paying Vermont and the federal government a total of $105,000 as part of a settlement.
- Ex-fire association treasurer gets probation in theft case Updated: May-16-16 4:05 pm
PAPILLION, Nebraska - A former treasurer for a volunteer fire association in Nebraska was sentenced to probation for stealing roughly $50,000 from the group.
- 47-count indictment charges Laplace woman with tax fraud Updated: May-11-16 7:26 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A federal grand jury has charged a LaPlace woman with helping prepare false tax returns and with contempt of court, for allegedly preparing federal tax returns for others after agreeing in federal court never to do so again.
- Judge: Texas businessman, late brother committed tax fraud Updated: May-11-16 3:55 pm
DALLAS - A federal bankruptcy judge has ruled that a prominent Texas businessman and his late brother committed tax fraud in setting up overseas trust funds that helped them avoid paying billions in taxes.
- Vegas dry cleaning business cited in federal tax fraud case Updated: May-11-16 1:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Federal authorities say they've indicted a Las Vegas woman on tax fraud charges involving her local dry cleaning business.
- Panama files show Russian crackdown on offshoring is failing Updated: May-11-16 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - The thousands of Russian names on a list of offshore companies suggests President Vladimir Putin's effort to crack down on such entities is ineffective, experts say, and highlights how keeping wealth abroad remains one of the few ways to keep it safe from corrupt local officials.
- Feds: Franklin man didn't pay taxes on misappropriated money Updated: May-11-16 11:40 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Franklin dentist prosecutors say took nearly $250,000 from his uncle's estate without authorization and then failed to pay taxes on the money has pleaded guilty.
- Home of wealthy French family member searched in Belgium Updated: May-11-16 10:20 am
BRUSSELS - Belgian authorities have searched the home of a member of one of France's wealthiest families in what local media report is an investigation in three European countries into suspected tax fraud and money-laundering.
- India closes Mauritius tax loophole shutting door on evasion Updated: May-11-16 8:43 am
NEW DELHI - India plans to close a tax loophole that allows its citizens to channel income through the tropical island of Mauritius and avoid paying taxes, officials said Wednesday.
- Former police employee gets 2 years for ID theft, fraud Updated: May-11-16 1:29 am
TAMPA, Florida - A former Tampa police employee has been sentenced to two years in federal prison for stealing identities from law enforcement databases and conspiring to use information to commit tax refund fraud.
- Former church treasurer takes deal in fraud case Updated: May-10-16 4:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former church treasurer will be sentenced after pleading guilty in a $1.5 million fraud case.
- Panama Papers offshore companies data spurs anti-graft moves Updated: May-10-16 5:17 am
TOKYO - The latest release of the names of thousands of offshore companies and other financial data of the rich and powerful is spurring renewed calls to counter corruption and tax evasion.