- Provider shift to affect Indiana food stamps, other benefits Updated: Sep-02-15 10:53 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A state agency says Indiana residents receiving food stamps and other benefits won't be able to make purchases using their government-issued debit cards for parts of two days this month.
- Thousands in Indiana could lose food stamps under new rule Updated: Aug-29-15 12:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Food pantries and social service agencies across Indiana are bracing for the possibility that up to 50,000 people could lose food stamp benefits this fall unless they comply with a change in federal work and job training requirements.
- Arizona DES employee arrested, accused of food stamps fraud Updated: Aug-26-15 9:13 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona Department of Economic Security employee has been arrested for allegedly using an electronic benefits transaction card to obtain food stamps.
- New Mexico rolls out work rules for food stamps Updated: Aug-25-15 6:01 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Tens of thousands of low-income New Mexicans will have more time to meet work and job-training requirements if they want to remain eligible for food stamps, state officials announced Tuesday.
- San Antonio convenience store owner gets prison for fraud Updated: Aug-25-15 8:34 am
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio convenience store owner must serve four years in federal prison and repay nearly $1.7 million for food stamp fraud.
- State to enforce federal work requirements for food stamps Updated: Aug-05-15 7:19 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The state of Alaska is planning to enforce federal work requirements that had been suspended for more than a decade, potentially affecting thousands of food stamp recipients.