- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Indiana governor names new state environmental commissioner Updated: Aug-25-15 11:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence has appointed the Indiana Department of Environmental Management's current chief of staff the agency's new commissioner.
- Malloy's chief of staff to temporarily oversee Regents board Updated: Aug-21-15 2:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's outgoing chief of staff was appointed Friday to head Connecticut's Board of Regents for Higher Education, promising he'll listen to the concerns of college presidents, faculty, students and legislators around the state.
- Haslam: No discussion with AG about Supreme Court vacancy Updated: Aug-21-15 11:52 am
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - As observers wait to see whether Attorney General Herbert Slatery has any interest in filling an upcoming vacancy on the Tennessee Supreme Court, Gov. Bill Haslam said he hasn't had any discussion about it with his close friend and former top legal adviser.
- Ex-Gov. Blagojevich to ask Supreme Court to hear case Updated: Aug-19-15 8:01 pm
CHICAGO - A full appellate court indicated Wednesday that it will not rehear an appeal of Rod Blagojevich's corruption convictions, and his lawyer responded that the imprisoned former Illinois governor will appeal next to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Bouterse inaugurated for 2nd term as Suriname's president Updated: Aug-12-15 5:23 pm
PARAMARIBO, Suriname - Former coup leader and convicted drug trafficker Desi Bouterse was inaugurated Wednesday for a second consecutive term leading Suriname as the democratically elected president.
- Indonesian president reshuffles Cabinet to boost economy Updated: Aug-12-15 10:19 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesia's president announced a Cabinet reshuffle Wednesday, replacing key economic ministers with the aim of speeding up infrastructure spending to revive sputtering growth and stabilize the sliding rupiah.
- State law lays out succession process if Kane steps down Updated: Aug-06-15 2:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - State Attorney General Kathleen Kane says she will not resign while criminal charges against her are pending but, if she changes her mind, the process of choosing a successor is spelled out clearly in state law.
- Florida law-enforcement and environmental chiefs approved Updated: Aug-05-15 3:49 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's top cop and the state's chief environmental regulator are keeping their jobs.