- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 2:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Judge hears testimony in case of St. Louis Zoo gun ban Updated: Nov-25-15 2:47 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge has heard testimony as he considers lifting the St. Louis Zoo policy that prohibits patrons from entering the zoo with guns.
- Wintry weather threatens to snarl Wyoming holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 1:40 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wintry weather will move across Wyoming just as many people are out on the road visiting friends and family for Thanksgiving.
- Museum collects items left at homecoming parade crash site Updated: Nov-25-15 12:57 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State University and the Sheerar Museum of Stillwater History have been working to preserve items left at an intersection in remembrance of those who died when a car crashed into a crowd gathered to watch the university's homecoming parade.
- Holiday travelers get early start out of New Mexico Updated: Nov-25-15 10:41 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque International Sunport is seeing modest traffic as some travelers are getting a head start on holiday travel.
- 2 days in Guangzhou: A taste of Cantonese culture Updated: Nov-25-15 10:28 am
GUANGZHOU, China - The southern Chinese city of Guangzhou offers all the hustle, bustle, culture and commerce of other major Asian metropolises minus the massive tourist crowds. But that could change as more travelers are lured to the modern port city by affordable flights and a 72-hour visa-free transit policy. Just a two-hour train ride from Hong Kong, Guangzhou is an easy weekend getaway or, in my case, a two-day stopover on my trip from Los Angeles to Malaysia.
- More snow headed to Colorado mountains, Front Range Updated: Nov-25-15 10:18 am
DENVER - More snow is headed toward Colorado but the storm isn't expected to hit in time to slow down most travelers on Wednesday.
- Essentials: Wicked cool stuff, old and new, to do in Boston Updated: Nov-25-15 10:16 am
BOSTON - No bucket list is complete without at least one trip to Boston, a city that's forever coming up with new ways to entice visitors to return.
- Donor helps youth football team after Disney disappointment Updated: Nov-25-15 9:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - An undefeated youth football team from Philadelphia is heading to Walt Disney World, thanks to a donor who learned of the team's disappointment when a rule change killed its chance to play in the Magic Kingdom.
- Icy weather forecast for southeast Nebraska, southwest Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 9:11 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says dangerous traveling conditions are likely to develop over southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa on Thanksgiving Day.
- Kaibab National Forest adds to roster of rental cabins Updated: Nov-25-15 8:13 am
FREDONIA, Arizona - A national forest in northern Arizona is adding another cabin to its roster of rental offerings.
- VDOT aims to smooth holiday traffic by lifting lane closures Updated: Nov-25-15 7:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is smoothing the way for travelers by suspending highway work zones during the long Thanksgiving holiday.
- Authorities set enforcement plan for holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 6:40 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2015 Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Enforcement Period at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- Holiday travelers in New Jersey face tighter security Updated: Nov-25-15 6:29 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Holiday travelers in New Jersey will see a greater police presence in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris.
- Amtrak ramps up service, offers tips for holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
CHICAGO - Amtrak is ramping up service and offering tips to passengers ahead of one of the busiest travel days of the year.
- Highway Patrol increasing enforcement on busy travel day Updated: Nov-25-15 2:25 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The day before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days of the year, and the North Dakota Highway Patrol is increasing enforcement.
- Hawks retire Mutombo's No. 55 Updated: Nov-24-15 10:08 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Hawks retired Dikembe Mutombo's No. 55 jersey Tuesday night to honor the longtime shot blocker's Hall of Fame enshrinement.
- Packers' Rodgers looking forward to returns of Favre, Starr Updated: Nov-24-15 7:49 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Aaron Rodgers often speaks with pride about the history of the Green Bay Packers, a franchise that has been fortunate to have three of the game's best quarterbacks on its side.
- New Jersey weighing development at Liberty State Park Updated: Nov-24-15 6:47 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A low-rise hotel or an amusement park could be coming to Liberty State Park if some of the developments outlined Tuesday in a report from Gov. Chris Christie's administration come to fruition.
- Extra state police patrols coming over Thanksgiving holiday Updated: Nov-24-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Extra state police patrols are coming to Michigan roads and highways over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Thanksgiving travel 2015: Cheap gas but fears of terrorism Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - That other Thanksgiving tradition - congested highways and jammed airports - is getting underway with gas prices low and terrorism fears high.
- Gladie Visitor Center closing for the winter on Wednesday Updated: Nov-24-15 5:01 pm
WINCHESTER, Kentucky - The Daniel Boone National Forest says the Gladie Visitor Center in the Red River Gorge is closing on Wednesday for the winter and will reopen in early March.
- Historic WWII tugboat arrives in North Little Rock Updated: Nov-24-15 12:29 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A tugboat that survived Pearl Harbor has finally arrived at the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum more than a decade after the U.S. Navy donated the vessel to North Little Rock.
- Serenity Now: True beauty of Washington's Deception Pass Updated: Nov-24-15 12:14 pm
DECEPTION PASS, Washington - Amble along the trim walkway of the bridge above Deception Pass and gaze upon the breathtaking vistas, one oceanside and one facing Skagit Bay, and you might be forgiven for asking yourself the question, "Where is the deception here?"