- Thousands protest in Honduras cities following scandal Updated: Jun-01-15 5:36 pm
MEXICO CITY - A protest movement organized over social media in Honduras has led to large demonstrations in cities around the Central American country.
- Egyptian-American released, flies back to US Updated: May-31-15 5:46 am
WASHINGTON - An Egyptian-American who had been sentenced to life in prison in Egypt and had been on a hunger strike for more than a year before being freed has arrived back in the United States.
- Hastert rose to speakership among the scandals of others Updated: May-29-15 7:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Dennis Hastert's career as House speaker both arose and ended amid the sex-related scandals of others.
- Wife of Czech ex-PM acquitted by court of abuse of power Updated: May-29-15 7:22 am
PRAGUE - A Prague court on Friday acquitted the wife of former Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas of abuse of power charges in a case that brought down his government.
- Bosworth to appeal conviction for election law violations Updated: May-28-15 5:48 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Former South Dakota U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth plans to appeal to the state Supreme court over her conviction for election law violations, her attorney said Thursday.
- Jury convicts ex-US Senate hopeful of violating election law Updated: May-28-15 12:08 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A South Dakota jury on Wednesday convicted former U.S. Senate candidate Annette Bosworth of election law violations.
- John Murphy, NY congressman convicted in Abscam, dies at 88 Updated: May-26-15 10:28 am
NEW YORK - Former Congressman John Murphy, who represented Staten Island for 18 years before being caught in the Abscam corruption scandal in the late 1970s, has died. He was 88.
- Spain leader blames austerity, scandals for election result Updated: May-25-15 2:08 pm
MADRID - Spain's prime minister acknowledged Monday he was disappointed with his party's showing in local elections, which he attributed largely to austerity measures his government was compelled to take during Europe's recent debt crisis and a recent string of political scandals.
- Guatemala interior minister resigns amid political crisis Updated: May-21-15 6:16 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's interior minister and three other Cabinet officials stepped down Thursday amid a growing political crisis over corruption scandals that have prompted calls for President Otto Perez Molina and others close to him to resign.
- Fired Rutherford employees seek back pay, threaten lawsuit Updated: May-21-15 3:02 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Three ex-state employees who claim former Treasurer Dan Rutherford fired them 10 months ago in retaliation for providing damaging evidence in a sexual harassment investigation are threatening legal action unless the state gives them back pay and scrubs personnel records of the misconduct charges used to show them the door, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.
- Christie says he deserves media apology over bridge scandal Updated: May-21-15 2:16 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he deserves an apology from the media over coverage of the George Washington Bridge scandal.
- Revolt from indigenous base challenges Bolivia's Morales Updated: May-21-15 9:22 am
LA PAZ, Bolivia - Just months after President Evo Morales won re-election with a convincing three-fifths of the vote, Bolivia's first indigenous president is suddenly up against a formidable opposition.
- Woman gets jail time on election fraud conviction Updated: May-21-15 8:46 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - A Dothan woman is going to jail for six months after being convicted of election fraud.
- New nominees gird for Pennsylvania high-court campaign Updated: May-20-15 2:56 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Party endorsements and money made the difference in who was nominated for state Supreme Court in Pennsylvania's primary election.
- 'Happy' Rockefeller, widow of former vice president, dies Updated: May-20-15 1:49 pm
Margaretta "Happy" Rockefeller, the widow of former U.S. Vice President and New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller and one of the first women to speak publicly about her breast cancer in the 1970s, has died. She was 88.
- Parties pick 5 endorsed candidates for state's highest court Updated: May-19-15 11:25 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans demonstrated Tuesday that party endorsements count as they nominated five party-backed candidates for the state Supreme Court.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: May-19-15 8:35 am
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 15
- Frustration with Latin America's left on the rise Updated: May-18-15 7:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's socialist government is struggling to put food on the shelves amid runaway inflation. Brazil's president is facing calls for impeachment. And even Cuba's communist government, an iconic touchstone for generations of leftists, is embracing closer ties with the U.S.
- Son of NY Senate's No. 2 Republican gets 6 month sentence Updated: May-18-15 4:47 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - The son of the state Senate's No. 2 Republican has been sentenced to six months in prison.
- Capitol scandals raise tough questions for New York governor Updated: May-16-15 2:17 pm
ALBANY, New York - They were Albany's most powerful men: the governor, the Senate leader and the Assembly speaker. Together, they negotiated billion-dollar budgets and decided which bills passed and which ones didn't.
- Missouri lawmakers quit early; deadly force bill fails Updated: May-15-15 9:02 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers concluded a tumultuous annual session Friday, ending their work ahead of a deadline while failing to pass a bill rewriting the state's deadly force standards for police in response to last summer's fatal shooting in Ferguson.
- Mexico's odd Green Party reaping success - and criticism Updated: May-15-15 12:22 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Green Party is not very green. Yet like many "green" products on supermarket shelves, it has benefited from a very slick marketing campaign, one that has made it the country's fastest-growing - and arguably most controversial - party.
- Guatemala congress picks new VP in wake of customs scandal Updated: May-14-15 6:33 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala's congress selected a successor Thursday for the vice president who resigned over a widening customs corruption scandal that implicated her top aide.
- Again? Agents likely 'impaired' in White House incident Updated: May-14-15 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - What were they thinking?
- Chile's Bachelet names new Cabinet amid popularity crisis Updated: May-11-15 2:38 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean President Michelle Bachelet named a new Cabinet on Monday, hoping the changes will arrest the fall in her popularity ratings and overcome scandals that have rocked her administration.