- Hassan submitting 6 names as judicial nominees Updated: Oct-07-15 5:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is nominating two judges to the New Hampshire Superior Court.
- Retired Criminal Appeals Court judge to teach law at Belmont Updated: Oct-07-15 4:04 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A recently retired Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals judge has been appointed to the faculty of Belmont University College of Law in Nashville.
- Bank of China ordered to release counterfeiters' records Updated: Oct-07-15 12:18 am
SHANGHAI - A New York judge has ordered the Bank of China to hand over detailed information about Chinese bank accounts used by a counterfeiting ring that allegedly sold millions of dollars of fake Gucci handbags and wallets in the U.S.
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics Updated: Oct-06-15 8:13 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The U.S. Supreme Court is preparing to consider reinstating death sentences for two brothers convicted in the notorious slayings of four people in Kansas, capital cases that roiled the state's politics and have prompted calls to remake its judiciary.
- Alaska Supreme Court Justice Fabe to retire Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska Supreme Court Justice Dana Fabe plans to retire next year.
- Maine governor makes 5 judicial nominations Updated: Oct-06-15 6:21 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Governor Paul LePage has made nominations for five judicial appointments.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Oct-06-15 1:49 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Oct. 1
- Richland lawyer appointed as new judge Benton-Franklin bench Updated: Oct-06-15 6:12 am
TRI-CITIES, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee has appointed a Richland lawyer to a newly created position on the Benton-Franklin Superior Court.
- 2 judges, lawyer apply for Wisconsin Supreme Court vacancy Updated: Oct-05-15 8:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two judges who have been previously appointed by Gov. Scott Walker and a longtime Madison attorney have all applied for a vacancy on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Idaho governor appoints new 4th District judge Updated: Oct-05-15 6:34 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter has appointed Magistrate Michael Reardon to the judge's bench in 4th District Court.
- Familiar, divisive social issues on Supreme Court agenda Updated: Oct-05-15 2:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's new term began Monday with no cross words between the justices, although a steady stream of divisive social issues awaits them in the coming months.
- Judge finalizes actor Gary Oldman's divorce from 4th wife Updated: Oct-01-15 6:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge has finalized Oscar-nominated actor Gary Oldman's divorce from his fourth wife after six years of marriage.
- Nominees announced to fill vacancy in Utah Supreme Court Updated: Oct-01-15 5:41 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Seven nominees have been announced to fill the Utah Supreme Court vacancy left by Justice Jill Parrish, who was confirmed as a federal judge last month.
- Sandusky wants subpoena power to look into 2011 case leaks Updated: Sep-30-15 6:14 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky wants a judge to let him explore contacts between prosecutors and a judge who oversaw the grand jury that recommended he be charged with child molestation.
- Snyder names U of M professor to Michigan Supreme Court Updated: Sep-30-15 4:48 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A University of Michigan law professor with conservative credentials was appointed Wednesday to the Michigan Supreme Court, filling an opening caused by the early departure of Justice Mary Beth Kelly.
- Walker sends signals he may appoint Bradley to Supreme Court Updated: Sep-29-15 5:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is sending signals that he may appoint state Appeals Court Judge Rebecca Bradley to a vacancy on the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Ducey appoints 6 new Maricopa County Superior Court judges Updated: Sep-29-15 3:01 pm
PHOENIX - Gov. Doug Ducey has appointed six new Maricopa County Superior Court judges, selecting two Republicans, two Democrats and two independents.
- Chief justice: No view about AG Kathleen Kane quitting Updated: Sep-28-15 4:13 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's highest ranking jurist said Monday he has "absolutely no view" on whether the state's attorney general should resign from office, one week after the state Supreme Court temporarily suspended the top prosecutor's law license.
- 3 applicants for court vacancy forwarded to Haslam Updated: Sep-28-15 5:01 am
HARRIMAN, Tennessee - The names of three applicants for an upcoming criminal court vacancy in the 9th Judicial District have been forwarded to Gov. Bill Haslam for his consideration.
- Bronx DA gets Democratic nod for state Supreme Court Updated: Sep-25-15 6:20 am
NEW YORK - The Bronx district attorney has secured the Democratic nomination for state Supreme Court justice.
- New Hampshire jailing those who owe fines, study shows Updated: Sep-23-15 2:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A yearlong analysis showed that scores of defendants who owe fines for minor offenses are jailed in lieu of payment when they can't afford to pay, according to the American Civil Liberties Union in New Hampshire.
- 4 lawyers apply for upcoming Dickinson-based judgeship Updated: Sep-23-15 12:15 pm
DICKINSON, North Dakota - Four lawyers have applied to fill an upcoming judge vacancy in North Dakota's Southwest Judicial District.
- Newly-appointed Nebraska Supreme Court justice subpoenaed Updated: Sep-22-15 1:45 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A newly appointed Nebraska Supreme Court justice has been subpoenaed by an attorney seeking to have a felony case against his client dismissed, arguing that the judge's delay in ruling on a motion in the case violated his client's right to a speedy trial.
- 17 apply for vacant Douglas County judicial bench Updated: Sep-19-15 7:05 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Seventeen people from Omaha have applied to fill the Douglas County judgeship left vacant by the retirement this summer of Judge Joseph Caniglia.
- Bronx DA seeking nomination to become judge Updated: Sep-18-15 8:39 pm
NEW YORK - Bronx District Attorney Robert Johnson says he wants to be nominated to become a state Supreme Court judge.