- Pavelski scores twice, Sharks top Blues to take 3-2 lead Updated: May-24-16 12:29 am
ST. LOUIS - All the time Joe Pavelski has spent practicing his stick work has paid off big for the San Jose Sharks.
- Backes, Fabbri in Blues lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks Updated: May-23-16 8:18 pm
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 Updated: May-23-16 12:35 am
PITTSBURGH - Tyler Johnson turned toward the net, wary of taking another shot to his already battered face.
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks Updated: May-22-16 5:24 pm
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece Updated: May-21-16 11:31 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Changing goaltenders gave the St. Louis Blues a spark. Changing their style of play helped them even up the Western Conference final at two games apiece.
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals Updated: May-21-16 12:11 am
TAMPA, Florida - Ninety minutes before the opening faceoff, Jon Cooper talked about what the Tampa Bay Lightning needed to do to get back on track in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks Updated: May-20-16 7:49 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The St. Louis Blues are making a change in goal for Game 4 after losing two straight games in the Western Conference final.
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues Updated: May-19-16 2:08 am
ST. LOUIS - David Backes stood tall in front of the net as long as possible, finally ducking in case he whiffed on the puck with his stick.
- Caps' GM says it's on him to keep Ovechkin's Cup window open Updated: May-17-16 1:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - There are hints of gray in Alex Ovechkin's hair now and his 31st birthday is a few months away.
- Lightning lose goaltender Bishop to apparent leg injury Updated: May-13-16 9:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Ben Bishop left Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals Friday night in the first period with an apparent injury to his left leg.
- Calf sidelines Stars' Seguin in playoffs after Achilles cut Updated: May-13-16 5:39 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Tyler Seguin says he didn't even know he had calf muscles before the All-Star forward from Dallas injured one trying to come back from a cut on his left Achilles tendon.
- Predators feeling pain of team's best run coming up short Updated: May-13-16 2:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The longest playoff run in Nashville Predators' history is over.
- Sharks look to shed past following 5-0 Game 7 win vs. Preds Updated: May-13-16 2:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Game 7 win for a franchise haunted by playoff disappointments can help silence the skeptics. But the San Jose Sharks know they have plenty of more work to do before ending all those questions about their past.
- Sharks dominate from start in 5-0 Game 7 win vs. Predators Updated: May-13-16 12:51 am
SAN JOSE, California - Captain Joe Pavelski and the rest of San Jose's big guns took little time to answer the questions about how this version of the Sharks would respond after a lackluster loss in a potential series clincher.
- Capitals consider season a 'failure' after second-round exit Updated: May-12-16 4:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Alex Ovechkin looked up at the clock on the scoreboard and knew exactly what he would've been doing if the Washington Capitals were preparing for a Game 7. Instead, he was left to address another early playoff exit that has become an unwelcome rite of spring.
- Stars future with 2 top scorers, need decision on 2 goalies Updated: May-12-16 4:25 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas Stars have two of the NHL's top scorers with young All-Star players Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.
- Brouwer experience key to Blues' playoff run Updated: May-12-16 3:36 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues said goodbye to fan favorite T.J. Oshie last summer and hello to a proven postseason commodity in Troy Brouwer, who has the remarkable distinction of playing in eight consecutive playoff series that ended in Game 7s.
- Blue bloods: Hitch, St. Louis relish chance to keep playing Updated: May-12-16 2:54 am
DALLAS - Ken Hitchcock used to take it for granted coaching teams in conference finals, and even the Stanley Cup.
- Blues advance to Western finals with 6-1 win over Stars Updated: May-12-16 12:13 am
DALLAS - The captain and the kid are going to the Western Conference finals with the St. Louis Blues.
- Caps latest Presidents' Trophy champs to go poof in playoffs Updated: May-11-16 5:16 pm
Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals became the latest in a long line of NHL teams to discover regular-season dominance doesn't translate into playoff prominence.
- Blues go with goalie Brian Elliott as starter for Game 7 Updated: May-11-16 3:35 pm
- Russia calls up Ovechkin to worlds after playoff loss Updated: May-11-16 9:21 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The Russian Hockey Federation says it is calling up forward Alex Ovechkin and Washington Capitals teammates Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov for the world championships.
- Penguins heading to Eastern Conference finals with momentum Updated: May-11-16 2:35 am
- Islanders head into summer with possible changes looming Updated: May-10-16 8:03 pm
SYOSSET, New York - Two days after getting knocked out of the second round of the playoffs, the New York Islanders were still dealing with the sting of their loss as they prepared to head into an offseason of uncertainty.
- Boudreau in Minnesota: 'This is the last place I'm going' Updated: May-10-16 6:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Bruce Boudreau's teams have been remarkably consistent and successful over nearly a decade on the bench in the NHL.