- Ecuador's president says country now producing oil at a loss Updated: Aug-26-15 8:56 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuadoreans are already contending with a rumbling, ash-spewing volcano and rising living costs because they use the appreciating U.S. dollar as their currency.
- About 325,000 live in shadow of Ecuador's Cotopaxi volcano Updated: Aug-17-15 8:26 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuadorean authorities said Monday that up to 325,000 people live in areas that could be threatened by fast-moving mud and rock flows if there is a major eruption of the Cotopaxi volcano.
- More than 5,000 earthquakes hit northwest Nevada Updated: Aug-11-15 3:08 pm
Seismologists studying a year-long swarm of thousands of mostly minor earthquakes in northwest Nevada say they could be the precursor for a "big one," although speculation that they're related to a series of extinct volcanoes can't be ruled out.
- Road near inactive Hawaii volcano vent to be cleared of lava Updated: Aug-06-15 4:58 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Hawaii County has called for restoration of a lava-covered road in Pahoa, despite the site having become a popular attraction for tourists.
- Highly active volcano erupts on Reunion amid media frenzy Updated: Aug-01-15 10:16 am
PITON DE LA FOURNAISE, Reunion - Journalists arriving this week to the Indian Ocean island Reunion to report about the discovery of a jet wing fragment were met with another spectacular sight: the eruption of one of the Earth's most active volcanoes.