- Scientists study lava from Kilauea to improve projections Updated: Jun-28-15 2:16 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Geologists at the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory are studying lava samples that might help fine-tune projections if Kilauea sends another 2,000-degree river of molten rock toward homes in lower Puna.
- Ash from Indonesia volcano blankets provincial capital Medan Updated: Jun-24-15 8:34 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Volcanic ash from Indonesia's smoldering Mount Sinabung has blanketed parts of Medan, the provincial capital of North Sumatra, forcing residents to wear masks.
- Roundabout work to resume in Pahoa Updated: Jun-23-15 1:26 pm
HILO, Hawaii - Construction of the Pahoa roundabout will begin by the end of the year and possibly by the end of summer, according to state Department of Transportation officials.
- Geologists want more seismic monitors at Glacier Peak Updated: Jun-16-15 6:21 am
EVERETT, Washington - The U.S. Geological Survey is seeking permission to install four new monitoring stations around Glacier Peak, Snohomish County's only volcano.
- Philippine volcano spews ash, no violent eruption expected Updated: Jun-16-15 5:20 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine volcano spewed plumes of ash Tuesday, but volcanologists say the steam-driven explosions do not indicate an imminent violent eruption.
- Scientists emerge from isolated dome on Hawaii volcano slope Updated: Jun-13-15 9:22 pm
HONOLULU - Six scientists who were living under a dome on the slopes of a dormant Hawaii volcano for eight months to simulate life on Mars have emerged from isolation.
- Road Scholars go out looking for the birds Updated: Jun-05-15 4:53 pm
LA PINE, Oregon - Dan van den Broek walked down a path from La Pine State Park's day-use parking lot so he could rejoin a group of about 15 birders he left scanning a clearing on the banks of the Deschutes River with their binoculars and field scopes.
- Day-use fees to be waived at national forest sites Updated: Jun-03-15 11:14 am
SEATTLE - Day-use fees at national forest sites in Washington and Oregon will be waived on the next two Saturdays.