- The Latest: Courser rips 'doctored' report, says he's target Updated: Aug-31-15 10:35 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The latest on the release of a report describing misconduct by two Michigan lawmakers who had an affair (all times local):
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction Updated: Aug-31-15 6:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A graduate of an elite prep school who was convicted of having sexual contact with a 15-year-old classmate as part of a game of sexual conquest will be required to register as a sex offender for life, a punishment his lawyer likens to being branded and legal experts and reform advocates say exceeds the crime.
- UK releases student survey on campus safety Updated: Aug-31-15 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Seeking inroads in the fight against sexual violence, the University of Kentucky released a campus-wide survey Monday showing nearly 5 percent of its students indicated they were sexually assaulted in the past year and that many were reluctant to report attacks to campus authorities.
- Police: Dallas guard shoots wife after fight over infidelity Updated: Aug-30-15 5:40 pm
DALLAS - A security guard at a Dallas office tower is accused of murder after allegedly calling 911 and saying he shot his wife because he feared for his life.
- Hotel owners ordered to pay more than $1M in harassment case Updated: Aug-30-15 3:32 pm
PEOSTA, Iowa - The owners of an Iowa hotel have been ordered to pay two former employees who complained about sexual harassment more than $1.2 million.
- Family Crisis Shelter plans expansion in Williston Updated: Aug-30-15 10:58 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A shelter for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault in Williston is planning to more than double its size.
- Ashley Madison CEO steps down in wake of hacking Updated: Aug-28-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - The CEO of the company that runs adultery website Ashley Madison is stepping down in the wake of the massive breach of the company's computer systems and outing of millions of its members.
- School employee harassed by co-worker sues Portland district Updated: Aug-28-15 3:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland Public Schools employee who was harassed by a co-worker seeks $650,000 in a lawsuit against the district.
- Woman alleges sexual harassment at American Crystal Sugar Updated: Aug-27-15 7:07 pm
EAST GRAND FORKS, Minnesota - A North Dakota woman has sued American Crystal Sugar, alleging she endured years of sexual discrimination and harassment when she worked at the company's East Grand Forks plant.
- New Missouri court fines, sex ed laws set to take effect Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Numerous new Missouri laws are set to take effect Friday, ranging from legislation addressing concerns about court fines raised after the fatal police shooting of a black 18-year-old in Ferguson to child-proof packaging for liquid nicotine used in electronic cigarettes.
- US senator: Cultural change needed to stop human trafficking Updated: Aug-27-15 2:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - While laws are changing to reflect the reality that child prostitutes are victims, cultural attitudes also need to change, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman said Thursday after hearing from experts and a survivor of child trafficking.
- Josh Duggar in rehab after admitting to pornography habit Updated: Aug-26-15 3:35 pm
NEW YORK - Days after he confessed to cheating on his wife and an addiction to pornography, Josh Duggar has entered rehab.
- Part-time Pennsylvania officer faces child pornography charges Updated: Aug-26-15 9:48 am
EMPORIUM, Pennsylvania - A part-time central Pennsylvania police officer has been charged with soliciting a 15-year-old for sexual acts and making child pornography.
- U of Minnesota president takes responsibility for hiring AD Updated: Aug-25-15 6:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - University of Minnesota president Eric Kaler says he takes "full responsibility" for hiring Norwood Teague as the Gophers' athletic director.
- Staffer re-hired after senator accused of harassment resigns Updated: Aug-25-15 5:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri Senate staff member was back at work Tuesday, a month after being fired by a senator who was facing allegations of sexually harassing interns.
- Los Angeles looks at harsher penalties for child sex buyers Updated: Aug-25-15 5:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Officials in Los Angeles County are adopting a get-tough tactic to deter men from soliciting sex from girls who are forced into prostitution - charging them with crimes that could mean prison time and registration as a sex offender.
- Idaho man sentenced for sex trafficking in North Dakota Updated: Aug-25-15 8:10 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An Idaho man who once won a battle against the federal government in the U.S. Supreme Court is now going to federal prison for sex trafficking in North Dakota.
- Topeka man gets 7 years in prison for child pornography Updated: Aug-25-15 2:31 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for child pornography.
- Indiana team that raided Fogle's home used mobile laboratory Updated: Aug-22-15 7:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - When they arrived at Jared Fogle's home last month, law enforcement officials were armed with more than a search warrant: They rolled up with a mobile forensics laboratory that has revolutionized how Indiana investigates child-exploitation and pornography crimes and helped make the state a national model.
- Man found guilty of posing as officer to coerce prostitutes Updated: Aug-22-15 9:11 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Westbrook man has been convicted of posing as a police officer to intimidate prostitutes into having sex with him for free.
- MLB, players' union announce domestic violence policy Updated: Aug-21-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball can suspend players with pay when legal charges are pending in "exceptional cases" under a new domestic violence policy signed Friday.
- Ashley Madison faces $578M Canadian class-action lawsuit Updated: Aug-21-15 7:14 pm
TORONTO - Two Canadian law firms have filed a $578 million class-action lawsuit against the companies that run Ashley Madison after a hacker group's data breach exposed some 39 million memberships in the adultery website earlier this week.
- CEO of cheating website says he's faithful husband Updated: Aug-21-15 6:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - Touting himself as the "The King of Infidelity," the founder of the adultery site Ashley Madison built his livelihood around the unconventional philosophy that cheating is a natural part of married life - yet he says he is a devoted husband, and his wife of 12 years says she would be devastated if he was unfaithful.
- UN rights office decries 'impunity' after Darfur violence Updated: Aug-21-15 2:31 pm
GENEVA - U.N. human rights officials say Sudanese security forces that were allegedly involved in killings, sexual violence and other abuses in Darfur last year have largely gone unpunished.
- Things to know about Ashley Madison breach: Who's affected? Updated: Aug-21-15 1:47 pm
LONDON - The spectacular breach at adultery site Ashley Madison drove discussions with sordid tales of horrified spouses rushing to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases, frantic phone calls to lawyers and torrid confrontations with spouses. But hard information has been hard to come by. Even the true number of people affected by the breach has been clouded by uncertainty over how many of the roughly 39 million members Ashley Madison claims to have are genuine.