- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:44 am
Coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday morning that he is still waiting to be interviewed by the NCAA about an escort's allegations that a former Cardinals staffer hired her and other dancers for sex parties at the team's dormitory.
- Activists demonstrate against sexual violence at Baylor Updated: Feb-08-16 11:28 pm
WACO, Texas - A candlelight vigil to protest Baylor University's response to campus sexual violence drew scores of demonstrators to the street in front of the university president's home Monday night.
- Tennessee AG appointed to investigate Durham allegations Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A special House committee has voted to designate Tennessee's attorney general to investigate sexual harassment allegations against Republican state Rep. Jeremy Durham.
- Porn actress drops $500K assault lawsuit against Josh Duggar Updated: Feb-08-16 5:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pornography actress has dropped her $500,000 assault lawsuit against reality TV personality Josh Duggar amid evidence that her claims were fabricated.
- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Utah legislators back plan to declare pornography a health crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state senator in Utah wants to declare pornography a public health crisis, echoing an argument being made around the U.S. by conservative religious groups as pornography becomes more accessible on smartphones and tablets.
- Report: Captain drank with his Navy crew, harassed women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former commanding officer could be dismissed from the Navy over numerous misconduct allegations after a night of heavy drinking with his crew while he was in charge of the guided missile cruiser the USS Anzio.
- Lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption Updated: Feb-05-16 3:54 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two North Carolina lawmakers and a magistrate have asked a federal court to let them defend a religious exemption law involving civil marriages challenged as discriminatory against gays.
- Supreme Court says lawyer deserves more punishment Updated: Feb-05-16 4:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court says a lawyer who was embroiled in a sex-scandal with a drug-addicted client deserves more punishment than a board's recommended 30-day suspension of his law license. The state's highest court on Thursday said Knoxville attorney Robert Vogel should have his law license suspended for a year.
- Teen's death 3 years ago a symbol of S. Africa's rape crisis Updated: Feb-04-16 10:51 am
JOHANNESBURG - A teenager's cruel death three years ago has become a symbol of gender violence and South Africa's continued struggle to curb sexual violence.
- Western retirees at Thai resort busted for playing bridge Updated: Feb-04-16 6:41 am
BANGKOK - Add aging Western bridge players to the list of desperadoes in Thailand's seaside resort of Pattaya, a sin city rife with prostitution, corruption and foreign and home-grown gangsters.
- Ex-teacher pleads guilty in unlawful sexual relations case Updated: Feb-04-16 3:40 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A former Olathe high school teacher accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Proposed bill would allow prosecution of Kansas teachers Updated: Feb-03-16 4:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow teachers and school administrators to be prosecuted for presenting material perceived as harmful to minors.
- Utah conservatives vow to fight sex education bill Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Democratic lawmaker is pushing a measure that would expand sex education in Utah schools, but the proposal is a longshot: conservative groups have already vowed to fight it.
- Deputy accuses of Multnomah sheriff of sexual harassment Updated: Feb-03-16 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A top deputy has filed a notice of her intent to sue Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton, alleging sexual harassment.
- House committee sends religious protection measure to floor Updated: Feb-03-16 10:52 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A legislative panel has approved a bill that would bar the government from taking actions such as revoking the tax exempt status of an organization because of religious beliefs about marriage or sex.
- Man charged under new Virginia sex trafficking law convicted Updated: Feb-03-16 10:38 am
HENRICO, Virginia - A North Carolina man has been convicted in Virginia's first case of commercial sex trafficking under a new law.
- San Diego settles harassment lawsuit against ex-mayor Updated: Feb-02-16 11:59 pm
SAN DIEGO - The city of San Diego on Tuesday agreed to pay $667,000 to former Mayor Bob Filner's executive assistant, who said her boss repeatedly tried to hug and kiss her, locked her in a kitchen and proposed sex on a conference table.
- Harwell: Durham scandal won't affect gubernatorial decision Updated: Feb-02-16 5:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - House Speaker Beth Harwell said Tuesday that the scandal surrounding a Republican lawmaker who has gone on hiatus amid sexual harassment allegations shouldn't damage her prospects as a serious gubernatorial candidate in Tennessee.
- New Algerian law punishes violence against women Updated: Feb-02-16 2:07 pm
ALGIERS, Algeria - A new Algerian law came into effect this week punishing violence against women and sexual harassment, in a victory for feminist groups that had fought for years for the legislation.
- Bill would let rape victims testify by closed circuit TV Updated: Feb-01-16 7:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rape victims could be allowed to give testimony against their alleged attackers through a video recording, closed-circuit television or behind a two-way mirror under a bill that received its first committee approval Monday.
- Legislators consider testimony on sexting bill Updated: Feb-01-16 7:01 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas legislators heard testimony Monday on a House bill that would create new penalties for transmitting and possessing nude photos of children between the ages of 12 and 19 years old.
- Strip clubs team up with authorities to bust sex traffickers Updated: Feb-01-16 12:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dwayne Angebrandt wasn't all that surprised when his bosses at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security asked their expert on sex trafficking to put together a public presentation on how to spot its signs.
- IS victims' advocate, pontiff among Nobel Peace Prize names Updated: Feb-01-16 12:39 pm
STAVANGER, Norway - A woman who champions the rights of Islamic State rape victims, Pope Francis and the Afghan women's cycling team are among the known candidates for the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize as the nomination window was set to close Monday.