- Missouri senator accused by interns leaves credit union job Updated: Aug-03-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri state senator has left his credit union job following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward Capitol interns.
- New clinic helps calm fears of doctors office for LGBT teens Updated: Aug-03-15 12:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Joe had always been uncomfortable answering questions at his medical exams.
- India orders telecoms to block more than 850 adult websites Updated: Aug-03-15 8:35 am
NEW DELHI - India has ordered Internet service providers to block access to more than 850 adult websites in what the government has described as a way to protect social decency.
- Lawmakers review penalties to NC's first revenge pornography law Updated: Aug-02-15 12:53 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Lawmakers agree that North Carolina's first "revenge porn" law is a step toward ending the hurt and embarrassment that can come from having one's naked and confidential images posted online.
- GOP looks to sexual harassment settlement for advantage Updated: Aug-02-15 12:44 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - A $400,000 payment to settle the sexual harassment claims of three current or former state workers played an outsized role in Kentucky's premier political event on Saturday, evidence Republicans believe they can use it to their advantage as they seek to capture the governor's mansion and the state House of Representatives.
- Dallas mayor critical of sex exposition on city property Updated: Aug-01-15 9:04 am
DALLAS - An upcoming sex exposition in Dallas that's billed as the largest of its kind in the U.S. and is expected to draw more than 15,000 people is being criticized by a mayor who says it goes against the city's position on the exploitation of women.
- New La. law taking effect Saturday targets 'revenge porn' Updated: Jul-31-15 7:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Sending "revenge porn" can land you behind bars, new housing protections are being extended to domestic violence victims and enforcement of sea turtle protection laws is tightening as hundreds of new Louisiana laws take effect Saturday.
- University of New Mexico revamps its new student orientation Updated: Jul-30-15 5:18 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico has revamped its new student orientation to better reach students with a message about sexual misconduct.
- Walters to revisit big news stories including Lennon murder Updated: Jul-30-15 1:34 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Barbara Walters is taking a walk down memory lane with a TV series revisiting big news stories she covered in her career.
- Former Ky. officials paid to settle sexual harassment suit Updated: Jul-28-15 10:55 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former Kentucky lawmaker and the former head of the Legislative Research Commission made payments to settle sexual harassment and hostile workplace lawsuits from three female legislative staffers.
- Rio de Janeiro prisons seek to protect transgender inmates Updated: Jul-28-15 1:59 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - When Estefanie Ferraz went to prison, she had been living as a woman for around a decade, had undergone more than half a dozen plastic surgeries including breast and cheek implants to enhance her feminine looks, and was saving up for a sex change operation.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 12:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation Friday following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Ex-UN climate panel head accused of stalking loses India job Updated: Jul-24-15 3:40 am
NEW DELHI - The former chairman of the U.N. climate panel has been removed from his job as head of a top energy institute in India following allegations of sexual harassment.
- McCaskill weighs in on Missouri senator's alleged harassment Updated: Jul-23-15 7:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill says Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota needs to "seriously consider" whether he can continue to serve after claims that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns.
- Missouri Senate report: Intern claims sexual harassment Updated: Jul-22-15 7:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri legislative intern claims a Democratic state senator sexually harassed her, made what she felt was a request for sex and retaliated when she refused, according to a Senate report released Wednesday. The lawmaker denied any inappropriate behavior.
- Missouri Sen. LeVota denies sexual harassment claims Updated: Jul-22-15 4:24 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota says allegations that he sexually harassed an intern are unfounded.
- Jack Link's to pay $50K to former Minnesota employee Updated: Jul-22-15 1:25 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Beef jerky maker Jack Link's has agreed to pay $50,000 to a former employee who quit after working several months at a Mankato facility because her supervisor made repeated sexual advances toward her.
- Police: Man downloaded more than 9,000 child pornography files Updated: Jul-22-15 8:05 am
SHELBYVILLE, Indiana - Authorities have arrested a central Indiana man who they say is the state's most prolific disseminator of child pornography.
- Report: Teen use of morning-after pill is climbing Updated: Jul-22-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - More than 1 in 5 sexually active teen girls have used the morning-after pill - a dramatic increase that likely reflects that it's easier now for teens to buy the emergency contraceptive.
- Details expected soon in legislative harassment lawsuits Updated: Jul-21-15 10:50 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky taxpayers may soon know how much they will pay to settle lawsuits filed by female legislative staffers claiming sexual harassment and a hostile workplace at the state Capitol.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- Yolo County sheriff cleared in sexual harassment case Updated: Jul-21-15 8:46 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a Yolo County sheriff's deputy against Sheriff Ed Prieto has been dismissed.
- Cheating website Ashley Madison hacked, personal info posted Updated: Jul-20-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - The parent company of Ashley Madison, a matchmaking website for cheating spouses, says it was hacked and that the personal information of some of its users was posted online.
- Source: LeVota subject of intern's sexual harassment claim Updated: Jul-17-15 9:01 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate reviewed a sexual harassment complaint against Sen. Paul LeVota after two college students abruptly left their internships at his office, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday.
- Inmate told chaplain he wasn't suicidal before killing self Updated: Jul-17-15 12:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio prisoner convicted of killing five people including a Bible studies teacher told a prison chaplain he was not suicidal before apparently hanging himself, records show.