- Five Below falls aftermarket on 2Q sales and outlook Updated: Sep-02-15 7:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Shares of discount retailer Five Below skidded in aftermarket trading after the company reported disappointing second-quarter sales and offered a soft forecast for the current quarter.
- Nuclear regulators boost oversight of Massachusetts plant Updated: Sep-02-15 7:14 pm
BOSTON - Federal inspectors said Wednesday they're increasing their oversight of the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station in the wake of a shutdown during a winter storm.
- E. Indiana auto parts plant closing by next year, idling 750 Updated: Sep-02-15 6:43 pm
WINCHESTER, Indiana - An east central Indiana auto parts manufacturer has told its more than 750 employers it will close its doors by mid-November 2016.
- State orders California firm to stop tapping Sierra springs Updated: Sep-02-15 6:19 pm
FRESNO, California - Armed with evidence captured by surveillance cameras, California regulators have ordered a business to stop tapping Sierra Nevada spring water that is later bottled and sold in stores, officials said Wednesday.
- Lawmakers approve charity raffles for major league sports Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's major league sports clubs could conduct charitable gambling at professional sports venues under legislation approved Wednesday.
- Angelle campaign takes issue with ad from pro-Vitter PAC Updated: Sep-02-15 4:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - An attack ad launched by a super PAC supporting David Vitter's campaign for governor says his GOP rival Scott Angelle wants to "tax the Internet" and collect $900 more a year from each Louisiana taxpayer.
- NBC to celebrate NASCAR's history at Darlington Raceway Updated: Sep-02-15 4:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The return of the Southern 500 to Labor Day weekend will be marked by a throwback celebration at Darlington Raceway that will include everything from the retro paint schemes on the track to the actual broadcast booth.
- Regulators reject DeNaples bid to do business with casino Updated: Sep-02-15 2:44 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania gambling regulators are rejecting a second bid by a northeastern Pennsylvania billionaire to do business with the casino that he founded but relinquished in a deal to drop perjury charges.
- Fox News anchor sues Hasbro over toy hamster with her name Updated: Sep-02-15 2:28 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An anchor for Fox News is suing Hasbro for more than $5 million over a toy hamster that shares her name - and possibly even her resemblance.
- Kansas Crossing casino halts construction Updated: Sep-02-15 1:17 pm
PITTSBURG, Kansas - Construction has ceased on a casino project in southeast Kansas amid pending lawsuits over claims the state didn't follow the law in awarding a contract to Kansas Crossing to build the facility.
- Report: Some top baby monitors lack basic security features Updated: Sep-02-15 1:14 pm
NEW YORK - Several of the most popular Internet-connected baby monitors lack basic security features, making them vulnerable to even the most basic hacking attempts, according to a new report from a cybersecurity firm.
- Near DC, Virginia's Middleburg offers wine country getaway Updated: Sep-02-15 12:36 pm
MIDDLEBURG, Virginia - Virginia is home to more than 250 wineries, from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Chesapeake Bay. The state's Middleburg area, in Loudoun County, has two dozen wineries alone, and it's so close to Washington that it calls itself "DC's Wine Country." Middleburg is about an hour's drive from Washington, D.C., or about 24 miles (39 kilometers) from Washington Dulles International Airport- perfect for a day trip or long weekend. Just in time for fall, October is Virginia Wine Month with special events to take in autumn foliage and milder weather.
- Egg group scrambled over eggless mayo maker Updated: Sep-02-15 12:05 pm
NEW YORK - A California company that makes an eggless mayonnaise alternative has the U.S. egg industry scrambling.
- Finalists chosen in contest for small-business Super Bowl ad Updated: Sep-02-15 10:58 am
NEW YORK - Cookie and clothing makers, a fitness studio and an old-fashioned five-and-dime retailer have made the cut in a competition to win a Super Bowl ad.
- Harpoon Brewery using Charles River water for new beer Updated: Sep-02-15 9:04 am
BOSTON - Boston-based Harpoon Brewery is using water from the Charles River to brew a new batch of beer.
- Toy maker Lego sees strong growth, profit in all regions Updated: Sep-02-15 7:28 am
HELSINKI - Lego says its popular multi-colored toy blocks were in strong demand around the world in the first half of the year, boosting its earnings and the outlook for the full year.
- Low gas prices blamed for drop in Charlotte transit riders Updated: Sep-02-15 7:01 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The number of people using Charlotte's transit system has dropped and officials say that's because of lower gas prices.
- Head of major unmanned aircraft systems company to tour ND Updated: Sep-02-15 6:13 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The head of a major unmanned aircraft systems company is making his second trip to North Dakota to tour area colleges and other facilities associated with drone development.
- India SUV maker rides into US market ... on a scooter Updated: Sep-02-15 3:16 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - India's largest SUV maker is ready to make its debut on U.S. roads. But it's starting with two wheels, not four.
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over grocery deal Updated: Sep-01-15 9:31 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The small grocery-store chain Haggen on Tuesday sued Albertsons for more than $1 billion in damages, alleging the supermarket giant engaged in systematic efforts to eliminate it as a viable competitor in five states.
- Union: Fiat says Jeep Wrangler staying in Ohio, not Cherokee Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Fiat Chrysler assembly plant managers told workers Tuesday that Jeep Wrangler production will stay in the city where the vehicle's roots date to World War II, but they also delivered a surprising announcement that the Jeep Cherokee line would be sent out of state, union leaders said.
- Toronto mayor vows to hold Trump tower accountable Updated: Sep-01-15 6:22 pm
TORONTO - An antenna at the top of the Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto that had been deemed unstable poses "no safety risk whatsoever," police said Tuesday.
- US lowers estimate of Takata air bags needing repairs Updated: Sep-01-15 4:45 pm
DETROIT - Federal regulators have lowered their estimate of potentially defective Takata Corp. air bags on U.S. roads.
- You think the stock market is crazy? Look at oil prices. Updated: Sep-01-15 4:40 pm
NEW YORK - Commodity markets are renowned for their booms and busts but the last four days in the crude oil market have even experienced traders wide-eyed.
- US auto market remains bright spot as China pulls back Updated: Sep-01-15 3:07 pm
DETROIT - As China's auto market recoils, the U.S. remains a bright spot as it rolls on toward its best performance in more than a decade.