- Semitrailer carrying gun powder crashes near Council Updated: May-02-16 11:25 pm
COUNCIL, Idaho - A semitrailer carrying thousands of pounds of smokeless gun powder has crashed on U.S. Highway 95 near the western Idaho city of Council.
- 8 hospitalized following 3-car crash outside restaurant Updated: May-02-16 11:22 pm
CHELMSFORD, Massachusetts - Eight people have been taken to area hospitals following a three-car crash outside a Chelmsford restaurant.
- Refugee sets herself alight at immigration camp on Nauru Updated: May-02-16 9:52 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A Somali refugee was critically injured when she set herself on fire at an Australian immigration camp on the Pacific island nation of Nauru three days after an Iranian refugee died of injuries sustained in a similar apparent protest, officials said.
- Denver firefighters battling blaze find body in closet Updated: May-02-16 9:39 pm
DENVER - An investigation is underway after firefighters battling a blaze at a popular bagel shop in Denver found a body in a closet.
- Jury finds LA liable for scientist's death, awards $23.7M Updated: May-02-16 9:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - A jury has ordered the city of Los Angeles to pay $23.7 million to the family of a scientist killed in a traffic accident three years ago.
- At least 9 Haitians killed when boat capsizes in rough seas Updated: May-02-16 9:08 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - At least nine Haitians have died after a small boat they were traveling in capsized in rough seas off the northern coast.
- Prosecutor: Evidence speaks for 10 'Grim Sleeper' victims Updated: May-02-16 8:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The victims were all young black women, some were prostitutes and most had been using cocaine before their bodies were discovered in alleys in a rough part of Los Angeles, hidden in trash bins or covered by mattresses or debris.
- Authorities: Boy found dead near ice caves likely drowned Updated: May-02-16 8:36 pm
GRANITE FALLS, Washington - Authorities say the 6-year-old boy who was missing around ice caves northeast of Seattle was found dead in a nearby river and likely drowned.
- Driver arrested after intentionally striking crossing guard Updated: May-02-16 8:26 pm
SLIDELL, Louisiana - A school crossing guard was hurt after she was intentionally hit by a vehicle.
- Driver charged in fatal crash after fleeing traffic stop Updated: May-02-16 8:12 pm
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - Maryland State Police have charged a man with vehicular manslaughter after a crash in Glen Burnie that killed another driver.
- Issues to watch in the final days of the session Updated: May-02-16 8:03 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers on Tuesday begin the final two days of the legislative session with some major decisions before them. Lawmakers plan to meet Tuesday and then adjourn the session Wednesday. Here are three issues to watch in the 2016 session's final hours.
- Weather Service to re-enact deadly 1991 tornado outbreak Updated: May-02-16 7:50 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - National Weather Service branches in Wichita and Tulsa, Oklahoma, are re-enacting a deadly 1991 tornado outbreak on social media a week after the threat of nasty weather forced them to postpone a similar exercise.
- Man dies after 180-foot fall in southern Washington Updated: May-02-16 7:32 pm
COUGAR, Washington - Authorities say a 26-year-old man died in southern Washington after he reportedly climbed over a guard rail and fell 180 feet.
- Man pleads guilty to setting store on fire during riots Updated: May-02-16 7:28 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- CSX: Most cars that derailed in Washington back on tracks Updated: May-02-16 7:18 pm
WASHINGTON - Train cars that derailed in the nation's capital over the weekend have largely been put back on the tracks, and workers on Monday finished offloading hazardous materials from two of the cars, CSX officials said.
- Wildfires cause dip in new California housing units Updated: May-02-16 7:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The number of new housing units in California declined last year for the first time since the start of the economic recovery, due mostly to wildfires that scorched more than 2,000 homes, state officials reported Monday.
- Coast councilwoman's skull fractured after she is hit by car Updated: May-02-16 7:01 pm
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - A Bay St. Louis city council member has undergone surgery to alleviate bleeding in her head after witnesses say she was struck by a car outside a church where she was going to a funeral.
- Man pleads guilty to setting fire in store during riots Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during the riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- The Latest: Amtrak also affected Tuesday by CSX derailment Updated: May-02-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the CSX train derailment in Washington, D.C. (all times local):
- Man, 63, dies in Pierce County house fire; 2 others escape Updated: May-02-16 6:45 pm
GRAHAM, Washington - Fire officials say a 63-year-old man died in a house fire in the Pierce County town of Graham.
- Column: NASCAR's Talladega wreckfest comes at a price Updated: May-02-16 6:31 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Nobody needs to be reminded that racing is inherently dangerous. We all know drivers assume the risks. It's understood that no one forces a driver to compete.
- Child, man, killed, 7 others hurt in collision on road Updated: May-02-16 6:13 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man has died from injuries in a Philadelphia crash that earlier killed a child and sent seven other people - three of them children - to hospitals.
- Enbridge predicts $62M in fines, penalties tied to oil spill Updated: May-02-16 5:52 pm
MARSHALL, Michigan - A pipeline company says it expects $62 million in fines and penalties related to a 2010 Michigan oil spill.
- School bus, vehicle collide in eastern Pennsylvania Updated: May-02-16 5:40 pm
SINKING SPRING, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a school bus and a car were involved in a crash in eastern Pennsylvania, sending the car driver and 17 students to the hospital, but no major injuries were reported.
- Trucker involved in deadly crash pleads not guilty to murder Updated: May-02-16 5:31 pm
VICTORVILLE, California - The driver of a dump truck that careened off a Southern California freeway and crushed a car, killing two teenagers, has pleaded not guilty to murder.