- Bleaching kills third of coral in Great Barrier Reef's north Updated: May-30-16 4:27 am
SYDNEY - Mass bleaching has killed more than a third of the coral in the northern and central parts of Australia's Great Barrier Reef, though corals to the south have escaped with little damage, scientists said on Monday.
- Fear of shark attack forces California beach shutdown Updated: May-30-16 3:22 am
NEWPORT BEACH, California - Fears of a shark attack forced the shutdown of miles of Southern California beach after a swimmer with large bite marks was pulled from the water, authorities said.
- 76-year-old woman dies in Florence apartment fire Updated: May-30-16 3:18 am
FLORENCE, Colorado - Fremont County authorities say a woman has died in a fire at a Florence apartment complex.
- Police look for suspect who injured boy in hit-and-run crash Updated: May-30-16 2:29 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities are looking for a driver who struck and injured a boy crossing a street in Albuquerque and then fled the scene.
- Hiker injured after fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon Updated: May-30-16 2:19 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say a woman was left in serious condition after she fell while hiking in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Man accidentally shoots himself in gas station restroom Updated: May-30-16 1:31 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A man is facing charges after accidentally shooting himself in the leg in a Colorado Springs gas station bathroom.
- Man dies after truck rolls over near Custer Updated: May-30-16 1:04 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities are investigating a Yellowstone County crash that left a man dead after his vehicle went off the road and landed in a ditch.
- Boy treated at hospital after shark attack in Florida Updated: May-30-16 12:42 am
NEPTUNE BEACH, Florida - A Florida police spokesman says a 13-year-old boy was badly hurt after a shark attack.
- Wildfire near Gorge amphitheater prompts evacuations nearby Updated: May-30-16 12:35 am
GEORGE, Washington - Grant County officials are asking everyone to leave the area of a wildfire burning just east of the Columbia River within three miles of the Gorge Amphitheater.
- FAA: Small plane carrying 2 people crash in New Hampshire Updated: May-29-16 11:49 pm
WARNER, New Hampshire - The Federal Aviation Administration says a small airplane with two people aboard has crashed in New Hampshire.
- Tropical Depression Bonnie means another bad beach day Updated: May-29-16 11:04 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Tropical Depression Bonnie reached the South Carolina coast early Sunday before stalling just inland, bringing heavy rain and rough tides to an area packed with tourists for the Memorial Day weekend.
- The Latest: Bonnie continues to soak South Carolina Updated: May-29-16 11:00 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on Tropical Depression Bonnie hovering along the Carolinas coast (all times local):
- 2 officers injured after man sets self on fire at festival Updated: May-29-16 10:47 pm
CHICAGO - A police spokeswoman says two officers were hospitalized after a man set himself and a building on fire during a Chicago street festival.
- The Latest: Day of firsts for Hamilton, Rossi and Truex Updated: May-29-16 10:41 pm
The latest on motorsport's busiest day, with Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix followed by the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 (all times local):
- At least 6 dead, 2 missing after floods in Texas, Kansas Updated: May-29-16 9:56 pm
HOUSTON - Authorities in central Texas found two more bodies along flooded streams Sunday, bringing the death toll from flooding in the state to six.
- Bicyclist run down, robbed by driver in Eureka Updated: May-29-16 9:43 pm
EUREKA, Montana - A 28-year-old man is expected to be charged in Lincoln County after officials say he ran down a Eureka bicyclist with a car in order to rob the victim.
- Amtrak's New York service resumes after boat hits bridge Updated: May-29-16 9:19 pm
NEW YORK - Service on Amtrak's Empire line has resumed after being temporarily suspended when a boat struck a rail bridge in New York City.
- Package explodes at New York prison guard's home, burns him Updated: May-29-16 6:23 pm
FLOYD, New York - A suspicious package left by a prison guard's mailbox exploded and seriously burned him when he opened it, authorities said Sunday as they worked to determine who sent it and why.
- The Latest: Governor: Prison guard seriously burned by blast Updated: May-29-16 6:12 pm
FLOYD, New York - The Latest on the investigation into an exploding package that burned a New York prison guard after he picked it up near his home (all times local):
- Clinton man drowns in lake near Sabula in eastern Iowa Updated: May-29-16 5:55 pm
SABULA, Iowa - Authorities say a 21-year-old Clinton man has drowned in a lake near Sabula in eastern Iowa.
- 1 dead after car accident turns into shoving match in Del. Updated: May-29-16 5:41 pm
TOWNSEND, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man is dead after he and another driver got into an altercation following an accident in Townsend.
- Hardy man struck, killed by vehicle in Hot Springs Updated: May-29-16 5:36 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - A Hardy man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Hot Springs.
- The Latest: Woman found dead in Hill Country after flood Updated: May-29-16 5:21 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- 1 person killed in Duluth apartment fire Updated: May-29-16 5:08 pm
DULUTH, Minnesota - The Duluth Fire Department says one person was killed Sunday in a morning apartment fire.
- 'Mommy loves you!': Boy rescued after gorilla is shot at zoo Updated: May-29-16 4:52 pm
CINCINNATI - Panicked zoo visitors watched helplessly and shouted, "Stay calm!" while one woman yelled, "Mommy loves you!" as a 400-pound-plus gorilla loomed over a 4-year-old boy who had fallen into a shallow moat at the Cincinnati Zoo.