- 2015 sets record for most shark attacks, with 98 worldwide Updated: Feb-08-16 9:20 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Experts say 2015 saw a record-setting 98 unprovoked shark attacks worldwide, including 30 in Florida alone.
- Air Force training mission starts brush fire in Arivaca Updated: Feb-08-16 9:12 pm
ARIVACA, Arizona - Authorities are trying to contain a large brush fire near the southern Arizona town of Arivaca that reportedly was started by accident by a Davis-Monthan Air Force Base airman.
- Police: Bus driver didn't use brake before fatal accident Updated: Feb-08-16 9:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The driver of a school bus that struck and killed an Indianapolis elementary school principal had left the driver's seat without putting on the parking brake, according to an Indianapolis police report made available Monday.
- Santa Anas bring heat, fire danger to Southern California Updated: Feb-08-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Gusty Santa Ana winds blew through mountains and valleys of Southern California again Monday, raising temperatures to levels more like summer than winter and increasing the risk of wildfires as humidity levels fell.
- More debris found after planes collide off California coast Updated: Feb-08-16 8:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Searchers have found more debris from one of two small aircraft that collided last week off the Southern California coast.
- Firefighters battling grass fires across central Oklahoma Updated: Feb-08-16 7:22 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Firefighters are battling wind-blown grass fires across central Oklahoma, including a fire that has forced partial closure of a busy turnpike.
- Winter storm, coastal flood warnings issued for Delaware Updated: Feb-08-16 6:55 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Winter storm and coastal flood warnings have been issued for Delaware as severe weather bears down on the mid-Atlantic region.
- Snowstorm could drop several inches of snow in New Jersey Updated: Feb-08-16 6:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Forecasters say another snowstorm is headed toward New Jersey.
- Woman indicted on DUI after striking, killing pedestrian Updated: Feb-08-16 6:40 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - A woman has been indicted on a DUI charge after striking and killing a pedestrian near the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport.
- 3 people injured after 6-vehicle crash in Peoria Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Authorities say three people have been taken to hospitals for treatment of injuries after a six-vehicle crash in Peoria.
- Winter storm could dump over a foot of snow on Cape Cod Updated: Feb-08-16 6:24 pm
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod and threatened to drop more than a foot of snow on southeastern Massachusetts on Monday. Motorists in New England were warned to be vigilant after a charter bus heading to a casino skidded off a Connecticut highway, injuring at least 30 people.
- Woman dies, man injured in Knoxville house fire Updated: Feb-08-16 6:13 pm
KNOXVILLE, Iowa - A Knoxville house fire killed a 77-year-old woman and injured her husband.
- Good Washington snowpack raises hopes of calmer fire season Updated: Feb-08-16 5:51 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Mountain snowpack came in above normal in Washington state, raising hopes the normally soggy state will not repeat last year's drought conditions that helped fuel the worst wildfire season in its history, a federal agency said Monday.
- More than 30 injured in Connecticut casino bus crash Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
MADISON, Connecticut - A charter bus driving through a snowstorm to a casino flipped onto its side Monday, injuring more than 30 people and closing the northbound side of Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- The Latest: Weather forecast called for storm-force winds Updated: Feb-08-16 5:16 pm
MIAMI - The Latest on a cruise ship that was damaged in bad weather in the Atlantic Ocean (all times local):
- An icky new hero: Roach-like robots may help in disasters Updated: Feb-08-16 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - When buildings collapse in future disasters, the hero helping rescue trapped people may be a robotic cockroach.
- Man who shot at Connecticut mosque to plead guilty Updated: Feb-08-16 4:48 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who fired a rifle at a mosque next to his home shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris is scheduled to plead guilty to a federal hate crime.
- Man on trial for chain-reaction crash that left officer dead Updated: Feb-08-16 4:47 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A prosecutor urged a jury Monday to convict a suburban New York man of vehicular manslaughter, drunken driving and other charges in the death of a police officer, despite the fact that another driver was actually the one who struck and killed the highway patrolman.
- School bus crashes into parked cars in St. Paul Updated: Feb-08-16 4:41 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - No serious injuries are reported after a school bus carrying 20 students crashed into parked cars and nearly struck a post office in St. Paul.
- Police charge woman in Paris crash that killed passenger Updated: Feb-08-16 4:37 pm
PARIS, Maine - A 32-year-old Maine woman has been charged with manslaughter in connection with a crash that killed her 41-year-old passenger in Paris last month.
- Chinook man dies in two-vehicle crash on Hi-Line Updated: Feb-08-16 4:36 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - An 18-year-old Chinook High School student was killed when his car collided with a semitrailer on U.S. Highway 2 east of Chinook near Zurich.
- The Latest: 30 of 70 on bus that crashed in snow were hurt Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the snowstorm that's moving into the Northeast (all times local):
- Probe under way after explosion kills 1 at Georgia feed mill Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
ROCKMART, Georgia - State and federal authorities are investigating an explosion that killed one person and injured five others at a feed plant in north Georgia.
- Piglet causes three-car crash on Interstate 80 Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln police say a piglet running down Interstate 80 caused a three-car crash.
- Germany, Turkey vow diplomatic effort to end Aleppo violence Updated: Feb-08-16 4:06 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - As tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing violence massed at Turkey's border, Turkish and German leaders pledged Monday to redouble diplomatic efforts to end the fighting around the embattled Syrian city of Aleppo and prevent more refugees making their way into Europe.