- Germany: 27 injured in fire at former air-raid shelter Updated: Aug-04-15 3:43 am
BERLIN - Authorities say 27 people have been injured in a fire and subsequent explosion at a former air-raid shelter in the northern German city of Hamburg.
- Police: Bicyclist killed in Ferrisburgh crash at fault Updated: Aug-04-15 3:31 am
FERRISBURGH, Vermont - A police investigation of a fatal car-bicycle crash in Ferrisburgh that killed a Charlotte man indicates the victim was at fault.
- China group to salvage South Korea's sunken ferry Updated: Aug-04-15 3:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea said Tuesday that it had agreed to a 85.1 billion won ($73 million) deal with a Chinese-led consortium to salvage a ferry that sunk in an accident that killed more than 300 people in April last year. The formal contract could be signed as early as Wednesday.
- Tree falls on canopy, killing southeast Minnesota man Updated: Aug-04-15 3:25 am
ALBERT LEA, Minnesota - A southeastern Minnesota man has died after a tree fell onto a canopy that he was standing under, causing a metal part of it to hit him on the head.
- Fallin to meet with Coordinating Council on Seismic Activity Updated: Aug-04-15 3:13 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and state Secretary of Energy and Environment Michael Teague will meet with members of the Coordinating Council on Seismic Activity to discuss earthquake activity in the state.
- Building collapses outside Mumbai after heavy rain; 12 dead Updated: Aug-04-15 3:07 am
MUMBAI, India - Twelve people were killed early Tuesday when an old building on the outskirts of Mumbai collapsed after days of heavy rain, an Indian official said.
- Coast Guard: Tequesta teens' boat now also missing Updated: Aug-04-15 3:05 am
TEQUESTA, Florida - The boat that two teens were on when they went missing off Florida's Atlantic coast is no longer where the Coast Guard found it.
- Police: Body found in burning car at Fayetteville restaurant Updated: Aug-04-15 2:07 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Police are investigating after a body was found in a burning car at a Fayetteville restaurant.
- Man charged with assault in ramming of St. Louis police car Updated: Aug-04-15 1:55 am
ST. LOUIS - A Bellefontaine Neighbors man has been charged after St. Louis police say he intentionally rammed into a squad car.
- New Hampshire officials probing tent collapse that killed 2 Updated: Aug-04-15 1:46 am
LANCASTER, New Hampshire - Safety officials in New Hampshire worked through the night investigating the collapse of a circus tent during a severe storm that killed two spectators and injured at least 22 other people.
- Can New Orleans apparent school improvements be duplicated? Updated: Aug-04-15 1:34 am
NEW ORLEANS - Even as New Orleans is held up nationwide as a model of school reform for changes that took place after Hurricane Katrina, researchers at Tulane University say there are questions about whether the apparent successes can be duplicated in other areas.
- Drought could hurt endangered fish caught in water fight Updated: Aug-04-15 1:25 am
DIXON, California - California's historic drought could wipe out a tiny, endangered fish that's played an outsized role in the state's water wars.
- 9 swept away by flash flood in China; 8 bodies recovered Updated: Aug-04-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - A flash flood has struck a scenic area outside the city of Xi'an in central China, sweeping away nine Chinese tourists, state media reported Tuesday. Eight bodies have been recovered.
- 100 homes evacuated on Oahu as wildfire burns 300 acres Updated: Aug-04-15 12:43 am
HONOLULU - Honolulu authorities have evacuated 100 homes as a wildfire threatens a neighborhood in the central Oahu community of Wahiawa.
- The Latest: Calif. wildfire grows after jumping containment Updated: Aug-03-15 11:29 pm
LOWER LAKE, California - The latest on wildfires burning in California:
- Cooler weather helps crews battling California wildfire Updated: Aug-03-15 11:25 pm
LOWER LAKE, California - Firefighters were working aggressively to regain control after a raging Northern California fire jumped a highway that had served as a containment line for the massive blaze - one of 20 wildfires burning in California.
- Sheriff's deputy pulls man from car before train hits it Updated: Aug-03-15 11:25 pm
SUNNYVALE, California - Caltrain officials say service has been restored but there are still some delays after a northbound train hit a car stopped on the train tracks minutes after the driver was pulled to safety.
- Alligator attacks worker at Forever Florida attraction Updated: Aug-03-15 10:35 pm
KENANSVILLE, Florida - Wildlife officials say a worker at a central Florida ecotourism attraction was injured in an alligator attack.
- Firefighters douse fire at Kent-Meridian High School Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 pm
KENT, Washington - Firefighters have extinguished a fire that broke out at a high school art building.
- Coast Guard: Less than 1K gallons of oil spilled in NJ Updated: Aug-03-15 10:14 pm
NEW YORK - Coast Guard officials say they think less than 1,000 gallons of spilled oil entered the water of northern New Jersey after a tugboat struck a fuel terminal pier.
- Driver dies, passengers injured in truck crash near Speedway Updated: Aug-03-15 9:31 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say the 35-year-old driver of a pickup truck towing a travel trailer on northbound Interstate 15 died from his injuries after the vehicle overturned near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway exit.
- Distracted driving tied to teen's death in western Michigan Updated: Aug-03-15 8:49 pm
GEORGETOWN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A teenager has been killed in western Michigan in a multi-vehicle crash that's being blamed on a driver who was distracted by a sandwich and his GPS device.
- Man critically hurt in Las Vegas Strip vehicle-bicycle crash Updated: Aug-03-15 7:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 37-year-old bicyclist was badly hurt when he was struck from behind by a Ford Mustang in a crash that closed a central part of the Las Vegas Strip for several hours.
- Team rescues injured hiker on Olympic Peninsula Updated: Aug-03-15 7:33 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The Clallam County Sheriff's Office says search teams rescued an injured hiker who fell about 100 feet over the weekend.
- Sheriff: Mother, 92, was shot before Wisconsin fire Updated: Aug-03-15 7:22 pm
TOWN OF BIG FLATS, Wisconsin - Authorities say a 62-year-old man is suspected of shooting his 92-year-old mother before setting fire to his property in south-central Wisconsin and killing himself.