- US wants to help endangered Yellowstone fish with $57M dam Updated: May-28-16 12:46 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. officials say building a $57 million concrete dam and fish bypass channel along Montana's Yellowstone River offers the cheapest way to help an endangered species that dates to the time of dinosaurs.
- New horned dinosaur species discovered in Montana by amateur Updated: May-18-16 4:49 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A novice fossil collector's lucky find in a remote Montana badlands more than a decade ago has turned out to be a new kind of spectacularly-horned dinosaur, researchers announced Wednesday.
- Officials: Vandalism up on Western Slope public land Updated: May-14-16 5:31 pm
FRUITA, Colorado - Federal officials say they can't explain a spike in vandalism on public land on Colorado's Western Slope, including graffiti near prehistoric fossils in Fruita.
- The Wenas Mammoth was - and is - a big undertaking Updated: May-07-16 10:54 am
SELAH, Washington - He was a civil engineer. She taught job skills to community college students. They called their small wheat and cattle farm in the Wenas Valley "a labor of love," their gentle way of saying it was never going to make them rich.
- Ashfall Fossil Beds Park opening 25th season Tuesday Updated: May-01-16 4:49 pm
ROYAL, Nebraska - Nebraska Game and Parks Commission officials say Ashfall Fossil Beds State Historical Park will open Tuesday for its 25th anniversary season.
- Famous paleontologist celebrated at Museum of the Rockies Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A $3 million endowment has been set up at the Museum of the Rockies in honor of renowned paleontologist Jack Horner, who is retiring after 34 years as the museum's curator of paleontology.