- Jeanne Parr, TV correspondent and Chris Noth's mom, dies Updated: May-24-16 3:58 pm
NEW YORK - Jeanne L. Parr, a former television correspondent in New York and mother of actor Chris Noth, has died. She was 92.
- Burt Kwouk, veteran of the 'Pink Panther' movies, dies at 85 Updated: May-24-16 11:15 am
LONDON - Burt Kwouk, an actor who played martial arts expert Cato in the comic "Pink Panther" films, has died. He was 85.
- Standing-room crowd fills cathedral for Emilio Navaira rites Updated: May-23-16 6:31 pm
SAN ANTONIO - An overflow crowd of mourners filled San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio to bid farewell to Grammy-winning Tejano star Emilio Navaira (nah-VY'-rah).
- Any Cabrera, veteran AP LatAm editor, reporter, dies at 60 Updated: May-23-16 5:42 pm
MEXICO CITY - Any Cabrera, a veteran AP journalist who covered many of Latin America's biggest stories during 33 years as a reporter and editor, died suddenly Monday morning at her home in Mexico City.
- The Latest: Remains of New Orleans WWII veteran return home Updated: May-23-16 2:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the return of the remains of Pvt. Earl Joseph Keating to New Orleans (all times local):
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness Updated: May-23-16 1:56 pm
TORONTO - John Brophy, who coached the Toronto Maple Leafs for 2½ seasons before coaching in the ECHL for 13 seasons, has died. He was 83.
- Ray Essick, 1st executive director of USA Swimming, dies Updated: May-23-16 1:46 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Ray Essick, the first executive director of USA Swimming, has died. He was 82.
- Sandor Tarics, oldest former Olympic champion, dies at 102 Updated: May-23-16 9:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Sandor Tarics, a water polo gold medalist for Hungary at the 1936 Berlin Games and the oldest living Olympic champion, has died. He was 102.
- Bata Zivojinovic, film star in former Yugoslavia, dies at 82 Updated: May-23-16 9:09 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Velimir Bata Zivojinovic, former Yugoslavia's best known film star who was also popular in China, has died, Serbian state television reported Monday. He was 82.
- Ex-Megadeth drummer Nick Menza collapses on stage, dies Updated: May-22-16 8:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Nick Menza, former drummer for the influential metal band Megadeth, died after collapsing on stage during a performance of his progressive jazz trio in Southern California, a family spokesman said Sunday.
- Former Browns center Tom DeLeone dies at age 65 Updated: May-22-16 6:01 pm
CLEVELAND - Tom DeLeone, the tough-nosed center who made two Pro Bowls during 11 seasons with the Cleveland Browns, has died. He was 65.
- Some forced to leave Delaware for drug addiction treatment Updated: May-22-16 4:23 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Some Delaware residents are going elsewhere to fight drug addictions due to a lack of services in the state.
- Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist Adolf Born dies at 85 Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
PRAGUE - Adolf Born, a Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist, caricaturist and author of animated movies for children, has died.
- Mansour's brief reign as chief marked by turmoil Updated: May-22-16 11:16 am
ISLAMABAD - Mullah Mohammed Akhtar Mansour's brief rule, which ended with his death in a drone strike, was marked by mistrust and strife.
- Marine's sister finds closure with truth in brother's death Updated: May-22-16 10:55 am
CADIZ, Kentucky - If one were to look on panel 26 E, line 28 of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, he would find the name of PFC William Franklin Miller, who died Sept. 6, 1967.
- Gov. Baker's mother dies at age 83 Updated: May-22-16 10:49 am
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker's mother has died.
- North Korean diplomat mourned as serious loss for country Updated: May-22-16 2:51 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - The North Korean diplomat who negotiated a 1994 deal to freeze the country's nuclear programs in exchange for aid was mourned at his state funeral Sunday as a serious loss for the country.
- Rosalie Chris Lerman, Holocaust survivor, dies at 90 Updated: May-21-16 3:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rosalie Chris Lerman, a survivor of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi death camp who was the wife of the founder of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum and a passionate advocate of Holocaust remembrance, has died. She was 90.
- Former lawmaker, longtime horseman Fred Bradley dies Updated: May-21-16 2:00 pm
Fred Bradley, a former Kentucky lawmaker and longtime thoroughbred breeder whose stakes winners included champion female sprinter Groupie Doll, has died. He was 85.
- Some worry new NY big-projects agency is Cuomo power grab Updated: May-21-16 10:48 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo pitched a new big-projects agency as a way to help smooth the way for massive state construction like the planned $29 billion mass transit overhaul in New York City, but critics worry about a power grab by the famously hands-on leader.
- Correction: Mary Lincoln-Funeral story Updated: May-21-16 8:26 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story May 20 about the funeral ledger President Abraham Lincoln's wife kept, The Associated Press erroneously reported the year of his death. Lincoln died in 1865, not 1965.
- North Korean diplomat who negotiated '94 deal with US dies Updated: May-21-16 12:08 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A top North Korean diplomat who negotiated a short-lived 1994 deal with the United States to freeze its nuclear programs in exchange for international aid has died of cancer, the country's state media said Saturday.
- Civil rights activist, Carter official Patricia Derian dies Updated: May-20-16 10:04 pm
Patricia M. Derian, who actively supported Mississippi public school desegregation and served as assistant secretary of state for human rights during the Carter administration, has died.
- Alan Young, star of 1960s sitcom 'Mr. Ed,' dies at 96 Updated: May-20-16 7:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Actor-comedian Alan Young, who played the amiable straight man to a talking horse in the 1960s sitcom "Mister Ed," has died, a spokeswoman for the Motion Picture and Television Home said Friday. He was 96.
- Longtime Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart dies at 74 Updated: May-20-16 6:38 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Longtime San Francisco Giants third baseman Jim Ray Hart has died. He was 74.