- AIDS quilt sections memorialize loved ones who are missed Updated: Nov-29-15 8:01 am
ROME, Georgia - The 10 sections of the AIDS Memorial Quilt hanging at the Rome-Floyd County Library celebrate the lives of men, women and children who have died of the immune system disease.
- Luc Bondy, Swiss opera, theater director, dies at 67 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:33 am
BERLIN - Luc Bondy, a Swiss opera, theater and film director who staged productions on renowned stages across Europe and the United States, has died. He was 67.
- Pioneering Aussie footballer Joe Marston dies at 89 Updated: Nov-29-15 1:23 am
SYDNEY - Joe Marston, who was the first Australian to play in an FA Cup final, has died at the age of 89, Football Federation Australia said.
- Funeral for Batmobile creator turns into colorful car show Updated: Nov-29-15 12:09 am
LOS ANGELES - The funeral for George Barris turned into a classic car show as mourners paid respect to the legendary custom car builder by arriving in their uniquely designed vehicles.
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's heavyweight reign Updated: Nov-28-15 8:29 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Tyson Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous decision Saturday to end the Ukrainian's 9 1/2-year reign as heavyweight champion and fulfill his father's prophesy from the day he was born.
- Olene Walker, Utah's first female governor, dies at 85 Updated: Nov-28-15 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Olene Smith Walker, who prioritized education as the first and only female governor of Utah and later established an institute to help students pursue public service careers, died Saturday at 85 in Salt Lake City.
- UN: Maurice Strong, climate and development pioneer, dies Updated: Nov-28-15 5:54 pm
TORONTO - Maurice Strong, whose work helped lead to the landmark climate summit that begins in Paris on Monday, has died at age 86, the head of the U.N.'s environmental agency said Saturday.
- Nevada prison inmate dies at hospital Updated: Nov-28-15 5:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada prison inmate has died.
- Gerry Byrne, ex-Liverpool defender, dies at 77 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:44 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Gerry Byrne, the former Liverpool defender who played an FA Cup final with a broken collarbone, has died. He was 77.
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 4:10 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates and treasurer of Norfolk whose political career spanned decades has died, his wife said Friday.
- Witnesses in case against polygamous towns revealed Updated: Nov-27-15 2:10 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Witnesses set to testify in a civil rights lawsuit against polygamous towns on the Arizona-Utah line include a former bodyguard for Warren Jeffs, an ex-wife of a polygamous leader and a onetime chief of the towns' marshal service.
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 1:08 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates whose political career spanned decades has died.
- Inmate's temporary release revoked, dad dies before visit Updated: Nov-27-15 8:56 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - A Kauai inmate's get-out-of-jail card was revoked when his terminally ill father died hours before his son was scheduled to be released to say goodbye.
- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93 Updated: Nov-26-15 2:39 pm
HOUSTON - Former University of Houston men's basketball coach Guy V. Lewis, best known for leading the Phi Slama Jama teams of the 1980s, has died. He was 93.
- Attorney: Alabama inmate seeking freedom from death row dies Updated: Nov-26-15 1:45 pm
BESSEMER, Alabama - An Alabama death row inmate who was seeking to overturn his murder conviction has died, one of his attorneys said Thursday.
- Noted oceanographer John Knauss dies at 90 Updated: Nov-26-15 11:04 am
NARRAGANSETT, Rhode Island - A former administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration whose work is credited with highlighting the fragility of the world's oceans, has died. John A. Knauss was 90.
- South Koreans mourn ex-President Kim in state funeral Updated: Nov-26-15 5:32 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Thousands of mourners gathered Thursday at the lawn outside South Korea's parliament to bid farewell to former President Kim Young-sam, whose landmark 1992 election victory ended decades of military rule and ushered in a series of reforms.
- Funeral scheduled for former light heavyweight champion Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A funeral service for former lightweight champion Bob Foster has been scheduled for next week.
- Frank Gifford's family says CTE found in his brain Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - The family of Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death.
- Alabama attorney in landmark libel case dies at age 91 Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama attorney who was involved in a landmark U.S. Supreme Court libel case died Tuesday night in Montgomery.
- Key figure in keeping gay groups out of Boston parade dies Updated: Nov-25-15 3:51 pm
BOSTON - John "Wacko" Hurley, the longtime leader of the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade and the plaintiff in a 1995 U.S. Supreme Court case that allowed organizers to bar gay groups, has died. He was 85.
- A veteran's memories Updated: Nov-25-15 2:16 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Several of World War II veteran Harry R. Chipp's war stories sound like the stuff of nightmares.
- Veteran soap actor David Canary dies at age 77 Updated: Nov-25-15 1:49 pm
WILTON, Connecticut - Longtime soap opera actor David Canary, best known for his role as twin brothers on "All My Children," has died at age 77.
- Governor orders flags lowered to honor Detroit firefighter Updated: Nov-25-15 1:45 pm
DETROIT - Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered U.S. and Michigan flags lowered to half-staff Monday at the Capitol and other state government buildings in honor of a deceased Detroit firefighter.
- Douglass North, co-recipient of 1993 Nobel Prize, dies Updated: Nov-25-15 11:28 am
ST. LOUIS - Douglass C. North, a St. Louis economist who was a co-recipient of the 1993 Nobel Prize in economic sciences, has died. He was 95.