- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Bencic beats Pavlyuchenkova to make St. Petersburg semifinal Updated: Feb-12-16 4:39 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Top-seeded Belinda Bencic won a late-night battle with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to take the final spot in the semifinals at the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy.
- Williams beats Sevastova to reach semifinals of Taiwan Open Updated: Feb-12-16 9:32 am
KAOHSIUNG, Taiwan - Top-seeded Venus Williams beat Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia 7-5, 6-2 to advance to the semifinals of the Taiwan Open on Friday.
- Arkansas State women's tennis in back-to-back contests Updated: Feb-11-16 3:10 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State University women's tennis team opens the 2016 dual match season this weekend with back-to-back contests.
- Pavlyuchenkova reaches round 2 in St. Petersburg Updated: Feb-09-16 3:14 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova was made to fight for a place in the second round of the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on Tuesday, beating Czech veteran Klara Koukalova in three sets.
- US drawn against Australia in Fed Cup playoffs Updated: Feb-09-16 9:58 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Australia in April as they try to win back their place in the top tier of the Fed Cup.
- Venus Williams advances US team in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 8:00 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Venus Williams clinched victory for the U.S. Fed Cup team against Poland on Sunday in the Group II first round, advancing her team to the World Group Playoff in April.
- Tennis tournament hosts to get refurbished courts Updated: Feb-07-16 4:10 pm
KEAUHOU, Hawaii - The Old Kona Airport Park tennis courts will be refurbished in a partnership between Hawaii County and the United States Tennis Association.
- Bencic, Hingis help Switzerland beat Germany 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 2:31 pm
LEIPZIG, Germany - Belinda Bencic and Australian Open doubles champion Martina Hingis sent Switzerland to the Fed Cup semifinals with a 3-2 win over Germany on Sunday.
- Czech Republic beats Romania 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-07-16 1:32 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Defending champion Czech Republic beat host Romania 3-2 Sunday to advance to the semifinals of the Fed Cup.
- Garcia tops Giorgi to seal France's Fed Cup win over Italy Updated: Feb-07-16 12:18 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Caroline Garcia followed Kristina Mladenovic's earlier win by beating Camila Giorgi 6-3, 6-4 as France clinched a spot in the Fed Cup semifinals on Sunday with a comprehensive 4-1 win against Italy in their first-round tie.
- Williams, Stephens give US 2-0 Fed Cup lead over Poland Updated: Feb-06-16 9:54 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Venus Williams beat Paula Kania 7-5, 6-2, and Sloane Stephens beat Magda Linette, 6-2 6-4 on Saturday to give the U.S. a 2-0 lead over Poland after the opening day of their Fed Cup first round.
- Bertens gives Netherlands lead over Russia in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-06-16 12:19 pm
MOSCOW - Four-time Fed Cup champion Russia was on the brink of a surprise first-round defeat to the Netherlands after going 2-0 down on the first day Saturday.
- Fed Cup: Halep, Kvitova lose, Romania-Czech Republic, 1-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Monica Niculescu beat two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-3, 6-4 to ensure Romania tied with the Czech Republic 1-1 on the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Wozniacki to be Denmark's flag-bearer at Olympics in Rio Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former top-ranked tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has been chosen to be Denmark's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- Williams reaches 7th Australian Open final in dominant form Updated: Jan-28-16 6:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Serena Williams plays as well as she did in the semifinals of the Australian Open, there's little an opponent can do to challenge her. Even one who's soon to be ranked No. 3 in the world, just two places behind her.
- Konta made British history in Australia, heads home proud Updated: Jan-28-16 6:25 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The extent of what she accomplished at the Australian Open hasn't fully sunk in, but Johanna Konta expects it will when she returns home to England.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Orange County Breakers return to TeamTennis this summer Updated: Jan-27-16 6:12 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - The Orange County Breakers are returning to World TeamTennis this summer with a permanent outdoor home court at Newport Beach Tennis Club.
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney Updated: Jan-27-16 4:28 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Serena Williams will be joined by big sister Venus in the women's field for the BNP Paribas Open in March, a year after Serena returned to the desert tournament in an end to her 14-year boycott.
- Venus Williams, not Serena, on US Fed Cup team vs. Poland Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Venus Williams and Sloane Stephens will lead the U.S. Fed Cup team against Poland next month - but Williams' sister Serena is not on the roster.
- Sharapova in Russia Fed Cup squad despite Olympic dispute Updated: Jan-27-16 9:55 am
MOSCOW - Maria Sharapova was named Wednesday in Russia's team for its Fed Cup match against the Netherlands despite a dispute with the national federation over her Olympic eligibility.
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.