- The Latest: Edwards penalized for pit row speeding Updated: May-29-16 9:16 pm
The latest on motorsport's busiest day, with Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix followed by the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 (all times local):
- The Latest: Williams-Williams, Hingis-Mirza lose in doubles Updated: May-29-16 3:47 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- 'You belong': Shelby Rogers of US in 1st Slam QF in Paris Updated: May-29-16 3:35 pm
PARIS - When Shelby Rogers finished last season at No. 146, she set a rather modest goal for 2016: boosting her ranking enough to gain direct entry into Grand Slam tournaments so she wouldn't need to go through qualifying rounds.
- 'For the moment,' Djokovic plans to compete at Rio Olympics Updated: May-28-16 4:57 pm
PARIS - Top-ranked tennis player Novak Djokovic says canceling the Olympics "is unthinkable" and, "for the moment," he is still planning to compete at the Rio de Janiero Games, despite worries about the Zika virus.
- Maria Sharapova on Russia's provisional Olympic team for Rio Updated: May-26-16 10:19 am
MOSCOW - Russia has included Maria Sharapova on its preliminary team for the Olympic tennis tournament in August despite her provisional suspension for failing a drug test.
- Stanford tops Oklahoma St to take NCAA women's tennis title Updated: May-24-16 6:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Stanford's Taylor Davidson fought off a match point for 3-6, 7-5, 7-5 victory over Oklahoma State's Vladica Babic that gave the Cardinal a 4-3 win and their 18th NCAA women's tennis championship on Tuesday.
- Mauresmo explains coaching split with "complex" Murray Updated: May-21-16 3:00 pm
PARIS - Amelie Mauresmo has revealed the reasons for her coaching split with Andy Murray, explaining they "reached the end" of what they could achieve and he was a "complex" player to work with.
- Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens wins Nuremberg tournament Updated: May-21-16 9:56 am
NUREMBERG, Germany - Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens defeated Mariana Duque-Marino of Colombia 6-2, 6-2 to win the Nuremberg clay-court tournament on Saturday.
- Djokovic and Nadal could meet in French Open semifinals Updated: May-20-16 12:31 pm
PARIS - In his quest to complete a career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic could have to beat nine-time champion Rafael Nadal in the French Open semifinals.
- Williams still haunted by hard-fought 2015 French Open win Updated: May-20-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Serena Williams is still haunted by her struggles en route to winning last year's French Open title.
- Russian tennis head backtracks on Sharapova retirement claim Updated: May-19-16 8:28 am
MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Tennis Federation backtracked on his comments Thursday, saying he didn't mean to suggest that Maria Sharapova's failed doping test could spell the end of her career.
- Wilder on Povetkin doping: Like coming to fight with a knife Updated: May-17-16 3:58 pm
Deontay Wilder was willing to risk his heavyweight title and unbeaten mark against a hometown hero in Moscow.
- Former No. 1 Wozniacki withdraws from French Open Updated: May-17-16 1:07 pm
PARIS - The WTA says former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki has pulled out of the French Open because of an injured right ankle.
- Assistant coach at Missouri university accused of rape Updated: May-16-16 4:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - An assistant tennis coach at Drury University in southwestern Missouri is suspended after being accused of sexually attacking a woman after a campus party earlier this month.
- Heading to Paris, Murray gets a big birthday present in Rome Updated: May-15-16 3:01 pm
ROME - Andy Murray celebrated his 29th birthday by beating Novak Djokovic on clay for the first time to win the Italian Open title Sunday in a match that Djokovic argued should have been stopped due to rain.
- Ninth-seeded Alize Cornet upset at Strasbourg WTA event Updated: May-15-16 2:03 pm
STRASBOURG, France - Qualifier Alla Kudryavtseva rallied to upset ninth-seeded Alize Cornet 1-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round of the WTA tournament in Strasbourg on Sunday.
- Woof: Serena Williams eats dog food, instantly regrets it Updated: May-12-16 2:09 pm
ROME - The gourmet food Serena Williams ordered off the hotel room-service menu for dogs looked good enough for her to eat. So the top-ranked tennis player sampled it, and later got sick.
- Olympic wrestling body strips Rio entries in meldonium cases Updated: May-11-16 11:36 am
CORSIER-SUR-VEVEY, Switzerland - Wrestling's governing body has stripped Olympic places from countries whose athletes tested positive for meldonium at qualifying tournaments.
- Murray hopes Mauresmo split not seen as failure for women Updated: May-10-16 12:09 pm
ROME - Andy Murray hopes his split with Amelie Mauresmo isn't seen as a failure for women coaching top players.
- 2 in Arkansas women's tennis program receive honors Updated: May-09-16 7:16 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The women's tennis program at the University of Arkansas is collecting a pair of honors.
- 'Just dance': Serena recounts taking part in Beyonce video Updated: May-08-16 10:28 pm
ROME - Beyonce told Serena Williams to dance and the tennis champion let loose.
- Before Ranieri, Roberta Vinci was Italy's upset queen Updated: May-08-16 1:41 pm
ROME - Before Claudio Ranieri coached Leicester to the top of English football, Roberta Vinci was Italy's upset queen.
- Williams sisters aiming for another Olympic gold in Rio Updated: May-08-16 10:14 am
ROME - The Williams sisters are making another run for Olympic gold.
- Townsend of Atlanta earns French Open wild card from USTA Updated: May-07-16 5:36 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Taylor Townsend of Atlanta has clinched a French Open main-draw wild card from the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Victoria Azarenka retires from Madrid Open with back injury Updated: May-04-16 9:18 am
MADRID - Fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of the Madrid Open because of a back injury.