- Radwanska, Kerber have 1st-round exits in Madrid Updated: May-01-16 6:56 pm
MADRID - Top-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska and Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber were upset in the opening round of the Madrid Masters on Sunday.
- Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky wins in Morocco Updated: Apr-30-16 5:37 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky comfortably beat qualifier Marina Erakovic of New Zealand 6-2, 6-1 to win the Grand Prix SAR on Saturday.
- Belarus tennis player escapes punishment over meldonium Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 pm
LONDON - A player from Belarus has escaped punishment after testing positive for meldonium, the same substance found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open, the International Tennis Federation says.
- Serena Williams to miss Madrid Open because of illness Updated: Apr-29-16 6:18 am
MADRID - Serena Williams will miss the Madrid Open because of illness.
- Wimbledon prize money increased by 5 percent for 2016 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
LONDON - This year's men's and women's singles champions at Wimbledon will each receive nearly $3 million, as the Grand Slam tournament increases overall prize money by 5 percent.
- Kerber beats Siegemund to defend Porsche Grand Prix title Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
STUTTGART, Germany - Angelique Kerber defended her Porsche Grand Prix title with a comprehensive 6-4, 6-0 win over qualifier Laura Siegemund in Sunday's all-German final.
- Defending champion Kerber advances at Porsche Grand Prix Updated: Apr-20-16 3:33 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - Defending champion Angelique Kerber dug deep and came from behind to defeat fellow German Annika Beck 4-6, 6-3, 6-1 at the Porsche Grand Prix on Wednesday.
- ITF president says hearing scheduled in Sharapova case Updated: Apr-20-16 12:47 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A disciplinary hearing has been scheduled in Maria Sharapova's doping case, with a ruling possible before Wimbledon starts.
- Caroline Wozniacki out of Madrid, Rome with injured ankle Updated: Apr-18-16 6:57 pm
Former No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki says she is pulling out of clay-court tournaments in Madrid and Rome because of an injured right ankle, putting her status for the French Open in doubt.
- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- Belarus beats Russia to move into World Group Updated: Apr-17-16 3:56 pm
MOSCOW - Belarus secured its place in the World Group of the Fed Cup for the first time when Aliaksandra Sasnovich rallied to beat Russia's Margarita Gasparyan 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 on Sunday.
- Germany beats Romania in Fed Cup World Group playoff Updated: Apr-17-16 3:29 pm
CLUJ,Romania - Angelique Kerber fought off Simona Halep to clinch a 6-2, 6-2 win while Andrea Petkovic overcame Monica Niculescu to give Germany an insurmountable 3-1 lead on Sunday over Romania in their Fed Cup World Group playoff.
- France beats the Netherlands 3-2 to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 2:43 pm
TRELAZE, France - Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic beat Kiki Bertens and Richel Hogenkamp 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in a decisive doubles match on Sunday as France rallied from 2-1 down against the Netherlands to win 3-2 and reach its first Fed Cup final in 11 years.
- Fed Cup: Muguruza leads Spain to playoff victory vs. Italy Updated: Apr-17-16 10:42 am
LLEIDA, Spain - Garbine Muguruza cruised to a 6-2, 6-2 win over Roberta Vinci on Sunday, giving Spain an insurmountable 3-0 lead against Italy for a spot in the top tier of the Fed Cup.
- No Williams, no problem, as US beats Australia at Fed Cup Updated: Apr-17-16 2:30 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Even without Serena and Venus Williams, the United States was too strong for Australia in their Fed Cup playoff, clinching a spot in the elite eight-nation World Group next year with a 4-0 sweep.
- United States leads Australia 2-0 in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-16-16 1:58 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Christina McHale rewarded a selection gamble when she beat Sam Stosur 3-6, 6-1, 7-5 Saturday to give the United States a 2-0 lead over Australia in their Fed Cup world group tennis playoff.
- The Latest: Putin: Russia considers trade for Ukraine pilot Updated: Apr-14-16 9:57 am
MOSCOW - The Latest on Russian President Vladimir Putin's marathon call-in TV show (all times local):
- Petra Kvitova hires Frantisek Cermak as new coach Updated: Apr-14-16 9:36 am
PRAGUE - Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova says former doubles specialist Frantisek Cermak will be her new coach.
- French Open prize money raised 14 percent to 32 million Updated: Apr-14-16 9:19 am
PARIS - French Open prize money will increase by 14 percent this year, with the men's and women's champions winning 2 million euros ($2.25 million) each - an increase of 200,000 euros ($225,000).
- Putin: Meldonium not a performance-enhancing drug Updated: Apr-14-16 8:01 am
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin waded into the debate over meldonium on Thursday, saying the banned substance should not be considered a performance-enhancing drug.
- WADA opens way for athletes to avoid sanctions for meldonium Updated: Apr-13-16 12:33 pm
LONDON - In a dramatic change that could lead to numerous doping cases being thrown out, athletes who tested positive for meldonium may be able to avoid sanctions because of a lack of scientific evidence on how long the recently banned drug stays in the system.
- Russia says Sharapova in Olympic plans despite doping case Updated: Apr-12-16 5:37 pm
MOSCOW - Russia says Maria Sharapova is still in its plans for the Olympic tennis tournament in August despite her provisional suspension for failing a drug test.
- Giorgi risks being left off Italy's Olympic tennis team Updated: Apr-12-16 12:58 pm
ROME - Camila Giorgi risks being left off Italy's Olympic tennis squad for this year's Rio de Janeiro Games after severing ties with her national federation, and she plans to skip next month's Italian Open due to the dispute.
- Romanian runner Lavric fails doping test at world indoors Updated: Apr-12-16 9:32 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian runner Elena Mirela Lavric tested positive for meldonium at last month's world indoor championships, the Romanian Athletics Federation said Tuesday.
- Czech wrestler Petr Novak tests positive for meldonium Updated: Apr-12-16 4:15 am
PRAGUE - Czech wrestler Petr Novak has tested positive for meldonium, the first such case in the country.