- Nishikori, last year's runner-up, upset by Paire at US Open Updated: Aug-31-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - A year after his run all the way to his first Grand Slam final, Kei Nishikori's stay at the U.S. Open lasted only a few hours.
- Latest on US Open: Cilic begins title defense with 3-set win Updated: Aug-31-15 5:00 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Under new TV contract, US Open returns to Sunday men's final Updated: Aug-30-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - For the first time since 2007, the U.S. Open men's final could be played on a Sunday.
- Maria Sharapova pulls out of US Open for 2nd time in 3 years Updated: Aug-30-15 6:03 pm
Maria Sharapova pulled out of the U.S. Open for the second time in three years Sunday, withdrawing on the eve of the tournament because of a lingering right leg injury.
- Even No. 2 Halep rooting for Serena to win US Open Updated: Aug-29-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - The No. 2 women's tennis player in the world hopes Serena Williams wins the U.S. Open.
- Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova advance to New Haven final Updated: Aug-28-15 10:32 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded Petra Kvitova beat third-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 7-5, 6-1 on Friday night to reach the Connecticut Open final for the fourth consecutive year.
- US Open women's final sells out before men's final Updated: Aug-28-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - With Serena Williams on the verge of making history, the U.S. Open women's final has sold out before the men's title match.
- Struggling Bouchard gets help from Connors ahead of US Open Updated: Aug-27-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Eugenie Bouchard is getting a little help from Jimmy Connors ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Tennis' Djokovic has new title - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Top-ranked tennis star Novak Djokovic has a new title - goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency, UNICEF.
- Serena Williams shrugs off US Open jitters for karaoke Updated: Aug-26-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams is trying to ignore "the elephant in the room" ahead of the U.S. Open.
- US OPEN 2015: Back on court, Duval still a winner in NYC Updated: Aug-25-15 10:28 pm
NEW YORK - Vicky Duval suspects tennis' locker rooms were a bit too quiet without her.
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic are US Open top seeds Updated: Aug-25-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - Top-ranked Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are seeded No. 1 for the U.S. Open.
- Sharapova brings 'serious' tennis event to LA in December Updated: Aug-24-15 3:23 am
Maria Sharapova is bringing top-level tennis back to the Los Angeles area.
- Dominika Cibulkova advances in Connecticut Open Updated: Aug-23-15 8:44 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova overcame the heat and a three-hour match with Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova on Sunday in the first round of the Connecticut Open.
- Federer wins 7th Cincy title, Serena Williams gets her 2nd Updated: Aug-23-15 5:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer jutted his right index finger toward the summer-blue sky to celebrate his latest Cincinnati title. He would have needed both hands to count all of them.
- After cancer, Vicky Duval gets US Open qualifying wild card Updated: Aug-18-15 3:05 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Vicky Duval received a wild-card entry for U.S. Open qualifying, a week after she returned to competition following a yearlong recovery from Hodgkin lymphoma.
- A serene Serena Williams not feeling Grand Slam pressure Updated: Aug-18-15 1:02 pm
MASON, Ohio - - One major title stands between Serena Williams and a Grand Slam, and she's enjoying this "awesome" and "crazy" ride.
- Sharapova ready to return from break at Cincinnati Updated: Aug-17-15 4:39 pm
MASON, Ohio - Maria Sharapova says she's still working through a minor leg injury.
- Four-time champion Wozniacki to return to Connecticut Open Updated: Aug-17-15 1:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Four-time Champion Caroline Wozniacki has been added to the field of next week's Connecticut Open.
- Belinda Bencic beats Simona Halep to win Rogers Cup Updated: Aug-16-15 7:26 pm
TORONTO - Swiss teen Belinda Bencic won the Rogers Cup on Sunday, following her upset of Serena Williams with a 7-6 (5), 6-7 (4), 3-0 victory over an ailing Simona Halep.
- NCAA Division I tennis championships to use no-ad scoring Updated: Aug-13-15 8:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Division I men's and women's tennis championships will use the no-ad scoring format, starting next spring.
- Germany's Kerber outlasts hard-hitting Pliskova Updated: Aug-09-15 9:20 pm
STANFORD, California - Angelique Kerber pushed away any post-match fatigue or tired legs and relished yet another championship.
- Stephens tops Pavlyuchenkova at Citi Open for 1st WTA title Updated: Aug-09-15 8:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Sloane Stephens sat at a table for her postmatch news conference, eyed the big glass trophy sitting at arm's length, and asked, "What happens to this?"
- Nishikori comes back to beat Isner for 1st Citi Open title Updated: Aug-09-15 7:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Kei Nishikori already was going to enter the U.S. Open brimming with confidence, thanks to his runner-up finish there a year ago. A title at a hard-court tuneup a few weeks before heading to Flushing Meadows only helps.