- Venus Williams targets WTA finals berth at Hong Kong Open Updated: Oct-10-15 12:54 pm
HONG KONG - Venus Williams comes to Hong Kong hoping she can get a ticket to Singapore.
- Nadal, Djokovic to renew rivalry in final of China Open Updated: Oct-10-15 11:58 am
BEIJING - Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal will renew their long rivalry in the China Open final on Sunday after both won their semifinals in straight sets.
- Simon to take over as WTA's new CEO, replacing Allaster Updated: Oct-05-15 1:34 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Steve Simon will take over as the new CEO of the Women's Tennis Association.
- Venus Williams wins Wuhan Open, Muguruza retires in 2nd set Updated: Oct-03-15 12:08 pm
WUHAN, China - Venus Williams won the Wuhan Open on Saturday when her Spanish opponent and fifth-seeded Garbine Muguruza retired with a left ankle injury while trailing 6-3, 3-0.
- Newcomer Hibino beats Vekic to win Tashkent Open Updated: Oct-03-15 6:25 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - Nao Hibino of Japan cruised past Croatia's Donna Vekic 6-2, 6-2 Saturday to win the Tashkent Open final.
- Serena Williams withdraws from WTA Finals and China Open Updated: Oct-01-15 10:42 am
BEIJING - The 2015 season is over for Serena Williams.
- Radwanska takes Pan-Pacific Open title with win over Bencic Updated: Sep-27-15 3:01 am
TOKYO - Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska won the Pan-Pacific Open title for the second time with a dominating 6-2, 6-2 victory over Belinda Bencic of Switzerland on Sunday.
- Jankovic wins Guangzhou International title over Allertova Updated: Sep-26-15 5:58 am
GUANGZHOU, China - Former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic of Serbia continued her strong form in China, beating Denisa Allertova of Czech Republic 6-2, 6-0 to win the Guangzhou International title on Saturday.
- Bencic sets up Pan-Pacific Open final against Radwanska Updated: Sep-26-15 5:07 am
TOKYO - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic cruised past top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 6-4 Saturday to set up a Toray Pan-Pacific Open final against Agnieszka Radwanska.
- Wozniacki beats Konjuh to reach Pan Pacific quarterfinals Updated: Sep-23-15 9:34 am
TOKYO - Top-seeded Caroline Wozniacki beat Ana Konjuh 6-2, 6-2 on Wednesday to advance to the quarterfinals of the Pan Pacific Open.
- Stacey Allaster leaving as WTA's chief executive Updated: Sep-22-15 10:46 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Women's Tennis Association says Stacey Allaster is leaving next month as chief executive.
- Halep advances but Petkovic shocked in Guangzhou Open Updated: Sep-22-15 9:26 am
GUANGZHOU, China - Top-seeded Simona Halep of Romania cruised into the second round of the Guangzhou Open on Tuesday but second-seeded German Andrea Petkovic crashed out in the first round.
- Kerber beats Gavrilova to reach Tokyo 2nd round Updated: Sep-22-15 4:10 am
TOKYO - Germany's Angelique Kerber advanced to the second round of the Tokyo Pan Pacific Open on Tuesday following a 6-2, 6-2 win over Daria Gavrilova of Russia.
- Serena Williams says US Open match was a win, not a loss Updated: Sep-16-15 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Serena Williams says her recent U.S. Open defeat was not a loss, but a win and a learning experience - and that she's happy for the opponent, Roberta Vinci, who derailed her quest for a Grand Slam.
- Lucie Safarova in Czech hospital with infectious disease Updated: Sep-16-15 4:45 am
PRAGUE - French Open finalist Lucie Safarova has been hospitalized in the Czech Republic with an unspecified infectious disease, and it's not clear when she may recover.
- US Open champ Djokovic clinches year-end No. 1 for 4th time Updated: Sep-14-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic's U.S Open title allowed him to clinch the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fourth time.
- What We Learned at US Open: Djokovic is gaining on Federer Updated: Sep-14-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - For the second time in his career, Novak Djokovic ends a season with three Grand Slam titles. Unlike in 2011, though, he played in all four major finals this year.
- The Latest on US Open: Djokovic beats Federer for title Updated: Sep-13-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Flavia Pennetta wins 1st major title in Grand Slam finale Updated: Sep-13-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Even Flavia Pennetta was a tiny bit disappointed that Serena Williams didn't complete the first Grand Slam since 1988 at the U.S. Open.
- Hingis, Mirza team to win US Open women's doubles title Updated: Sep-13-15 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - Martina Hingis earned her 11th Grand Slam women's doubles title and second at the U.S. Open.
- 'Build a Mount Rushmore' for Pennetta and Vinci Updated: Sep-13-15 7:47 am
ROME - Italy should build a Mount Rushmore-like monument for U.S. Open finalists Flavia Pennetta and Roberta Vinci.
- Jacksonville St falters late in OT loss to No. 6 Auburn Updated: Sep-12-15 6:14 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Just when Jacksonville State was minutes away from an upset quarterback Eli Jenkins said "would've shocked the world," a shanked punt sidetracked the Gamecocks' plans.
- Italy's Fed Cup team laid groundwork for success at US Open Updated: Sep-12-15 8:47 am
ROME - The sudden success of Roberta Vinci and Flavia Pennetta isn't really so sudden.
- Italian PM Renzi flies to NY for all-Italian US Open final Updated: Sep-12-15 5:31 am
ROME - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi was flying to New York to attend the first all-Italian U.S. Open final.
- Buy! Buy! Buy! Ticket prices drop after Serena loss Updated: Sep-11-15 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - Talk about a market crash.