- Nike co-founder Knight will step down as chairman Updated: Jun-30-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Nike Chairman Phil Knight, who turned a business selling shoes out of the back of his car into the world's most valuable sports brand, has announced plans to step down as company chairman.
- Trump says he's struck back at Univision with 500M lawsuit Updated: Jun-30-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump's lawyers say Trump and the Miss Universe pageant have sued Univision for $500 million, claiming Trump's First Amendment rights were violated when the company declined to air the Miss USA contest.
- MSG names CAA partner David "Doc" O'Connor as CEO Updated: Jun-30-15 2:18 pm
NEW YORK - Madison Square Garden named long-time talent agency executive David "Doc" O'Connor as its next chief executive.
- ConAgra to sell store-brand food business Updated: Jun-30-15 12:44 pm
NEW YORK - ConAgra Foods Inc. plans to sell its faltering business that makes store-brand packaged food just two years after spending $5 billion to beef it up by buying the private-label foodmaker Ralcorp.
- Interim publisher named for The Clarion-Ledger Updated: Jun-30-15 12:37 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Genia Lovett, a longtime Gannett executive, has been named interim president and publisher of The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Duke Energy CEO getting pay raise year after coal ash spill Updated: Jun-29-15 10:32 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Duke Energy Corp. CEO Lynn Good is getting a raise a year after the country's largest electric company confronted a coal ash spill that coated 70 miles of a North Carolina river in sludge containing toxic heavy metals, the company said in a regulatory filing Monday.
- Now comes the SpaceX rocket whodunit: A complex mystery Updated: Jun-29-15 6:52 pm
WASHINGTON - A rocket's dead, blown to bits in public view. Now it's time for "Rocket Science CSI."
- Gainesville man re-elected chairman of ports authority board Updated: Jun-29-15 12:45 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A northeast Georgia man has been re-elected chairman of the board of directors for the Georgia Ports Authority.
- Perlman named president, COO of Steamboat Ski Area Updated: Jun-27-15 12:35 pm
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - Intrawest has announced the promotion of Rob Perlman, Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp.'s vice president of sales and marketing, to president and chief operating officer.
- Jail for CEO of that sold surgery tool without FDA OK Updated: Jun-26-15 4:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The former chief executive of a medical device company that admitted to distributing knee replacement surgery tools using a marketing plan rejected by the Food and Drug Administration will go to jail.
- Lululemon recalls women's tops because of draw cord injuries Updated: Jun-25-15 2:59 pm
NEW YORK - Lululemon is recalling about 318,000 women's tops, saying the hard-tipped elastic draw cords can snap back and injure the face or eyes of a wearer.
- Subway CEO's sister named president of sandwich chain Updated: Jun-25-15 8:58 am
NEW YORK - Suzanne Greco will take over as president of Subway as her brother, the co-founder of the sandwich chain, is treated for leukemia.
- Takata CEO: Air bag defect still under investigation Updated: Jun-25-15 6:49 am
TOKYO - The CEO of Takata Corp., the Japanese air bag maker at the center of a defect scandal that has resulted in recalls of more than 33.8 million vehicles, appeared at a news conference Thursday for the first time since the problems emerged but shed little light on the underlying cause of the problems.
- Democrats call for WEDC head to resign Updated: Jun-24-15 12:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two Democratic members of the board that runs Gov. Scott Walker's troubled economic development agency are calling for the CEO of the organization to resign.
- Director of troubled Puerto Rico public power company quits Updated: Jun-23-15 8:10 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - The executive director of Puerto Rico's heavily indebted public power company has stepped down.
- Boeing names its president, Muilenberg, as new CEO Updated: Jun-23-15 6:54 pm
NEW YORK - Boeing CEO Jim McNerney is stepping away from the controls after 10 years.
- Review board weighs release of injured Guantanamo prisoner Updated: Jun-23-15 3:46 pm
MIAMI - A Libyan prisoner at the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba with battlefield wounds made his initial appearance Tuesday before a review board that will decide whether he can be released after 13 years in custody.
- Coty says Becht remains as interim CEO; new exec won't join Updated: Jun-23-15 3:19 pm
NEW YORK - Cosmetics and fragrance maker Coty said its interim CEO will continue in that role, and Elio Leoni Sceti, who was scheduled to become its CEO in about a week, won't be joining the company.
- Interim CEO of Jay Z's Tidal leaves streaming service Updated: Jun-23-15 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - The interim CEO of Jay Z's streaming service, Tidal, has left the company.
- Missouri group cited in shooting suspect's alleged manifesto Updated: Jun-22-15 11:07 pm
DALLAS - A Missouri group cited in an online manifesto purportedly written by the Charleston church shooting suspect was founded 30 years ago, and a civil rights organization calls it a "crudely white supremacist group" that is the "modern reincarnation" of efforts in the 1950s and 1960s to resist school desegregation in the South.
- American Airlines CEO nets $2.4M selling company stock Updated: Jun-22-15 7:25 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The CEO of American Airlines collected nearly $2.4 million after taxes by selling some of his stock in the company.
- Tribal Leaders Council names new executive director Updated: Jun-22-15 11:22 am
BILLINGS, Montana - William Snell has been appointed to the executive director position of the Montana Wyoming Tribal Leaders Council.
- Washington fruit companies look outside the family for help Updated: Jun-21-15 2:37 pm
WAPATO, Washington - Marty Verbrugge, father, grandfather and patriarch, was one of the strongest voices for change when it came to his family's multi-generational fruit business.
- Anthem proposes to buy Cigna for $184 per share Updated: Jun-20-15 6:34 pm
NEW YORK - After getting the cold shoulder, U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc. said it's raising its offer to buy smaller rival Cigna Corp. for about $47 billion, including cash and stock.
- VT Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner retires Updated: Jun-19-15 8:28 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - VT Halter Marine President and CEO Bill Skinner has announced his retirement and Jack Prendergast has been named as his replacement.