- North America's tallest mountain gets new name - and height Updated: Sep-02-15 11:23 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - North America's tallest mountain doesn't just have a new name. It also has a new elevation.
- CEOs big news can cause ripple effects for company Updated: Sep-02-15 12:17 am
NEW YORK - Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is promising to be away from the job for just a "limited time" when she gives birth to twins later this year, but the development only adds to the uncertainty some investors have long had about Yahoo.
- TCF head Bill Cooper stepping down Updated: Aug-31-15 11:49 am
WAYZATA, Minnesota - Bill Cooper, the longtime head of TCF Financial Corp., is stepping down.
- Hancock Fabrics looks for new chief financial officer Updated: Aug-30-15 6:49 pm
BALDWYN, Mississippi - For the third time since 2012, Hancock Fabrics Inc. is looking for a chief financial officer.
- Ashley Madison CEO steps down in wake of hacking Updated: Aug-28-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - The CEO of the company that runs adultery website Ashley Madison is stepping down in the wake of the massive breach of the company's computer systems and outing of millions of its members.
- Arizona pension fund for police gets new top executive Updated: Aug-28-15 6:18 am
PHOENIX - Arizona's pension fund for public safety workers has a new chief administrator to oversee the multi-billion dollar plan's investment portfolio.
- Dole Food CEO, former top exec ordered to pay $148M Updated: Aug-27-15 4:40 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware judge on Thursday ordered 92-year-old Dole Food CEO David Murdock and a former top lieutenant to pay $148 million in damages for misleading directors and shareholders in a deal that took the company private in 2013.
- Egypt replaces EgyptAir chairman after heavy losses Updated: Aug-27-15 11:48 am
CAIRO - Egypt's civil aviation minister says he is replacing EgyptAir's chairman in a bid to return the company to profitability, after it accumulated over a billion dollars in losses since the 2011 uprising that toppled longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak.
- CEO leaving Wisconsin's troubled economic development agency Updated: Aug-25-15 3:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The leader of Republican Gov. Scott Walker's troubled economic development agency said Tuesday that he plans to step down next month.
- Detroit art museum reports raises, bonuses for 3 executives Updated: Aug-25-15 12:18 pm
DETROIT - An art museum that relies on tax dollars and had a key role in Detroit's bankruptcy case is proposing bonuses and pay raises for three executives, including the recently retired chief executive whose loan on a six-bedroom home will also be forgiven.
- Actuant CEO Goldstein resigns less than 2 years into tenure Updated: Aug-25-15 10:22 am
MENOMONEE FALLS, Wisconsin - Actuant CEO Mark Goldstein has resigned from the diversified industrial products maker less than two years into his tenure. Chairman Robert Arzbaecher has been tapped for a return engagement as CEO until a permanent replacement is selected.
- Faith-based nonprofit opens new food pantry Updated: Aug-23-15 10:43 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - The crowd applauded as the ribbon was cut to mark the grand opening of Manna Mart, Hotel INC's new food pantry building.
- AP Exclusive: China blast site owner on state firm's board Updated: Aug-21-15 1:05 am
SHANGHAI - The man unveiled as principal owner of the warehouses at the center of deadly blasts in Tianjin also is on the board of a state-owned company that is ultimately controlled by the same powerful entity investigating the explosions, an Associated Press review of public documents found.
- Subway's latest challenge: Getting out from Jared's shadow Updated: Aug-19-15 8:19 pm
NEW YORK - Subway benefited hugely from Jared Fogle's weight loss story. Now the sandwich chain needs to figure out how to prevent him from overshadowing its future.
- Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles replaces financial official Updated: Aug-19-15 4:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A private-sector accountant recently was hired by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles to serve as its new chief financial officer.
- Officials: Big River Steel CEO John Correnti dies in Chicago Updated: Aug-19-15 3:55 pm
OSCEOLA, Arkansas - Steel industry leader John Correnti, who was the driving force behind three mills in eastern Arkansas and others out of state, has died while on a business trip in Chicago. He was 68.
- John Gottwald named president, CEO of Tredegar Corporation Updated: Aug-19-15 12:58 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - John D. Gottwald has been named president and chief executive officer of Tredegar Corporation.
- Who needs .com? Domains like .vegas, .pr, .nyc are trending Updated: Aug-19-15 6:19 am
NEW YORK - Did the website address you just went to really end with ".vegas" instead of ".com"?
- No pain, no gain for stores chasing fickle shoppers Updated: Aug-18-15 6:22 pm
NEW YORK - Retailers' reinvention plans come with a price tag.
- Yum Brands names new CEO of China business Updated: Aug-18-15 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - Yum Brands, the parent of KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, is naming a new CEO of its China division as it works to reverse a sales skid in a key market.
- Lumber Liquidators hires exec to deal with legal headaches Updated: Aug-18-15 3:58 pm
TOANO, Virginia - Lumber Liquidators has hired a chief legal officer to help the troubled flooring retailer navigate through a thicket of problems that have hammered its stock and upended its management.
- Head of Polish airline LOT quits after overseeing reform Updated: Aug-18-15 10:55 am
WARSAW, Poland - The CEO of Poland's national airline, widely credited with turning around the company, unexpectedly announced his resignation Tuesday.
- CATS prepares to improve operations, polish its image Updated: Aug-17-15 12:11 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Capital Area Transit System is preparing to spend some serious money to improve its operations - and its image.
- Target promotes CFO to new role Updated: Aug-17-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - Target is making more executive changes, promoting its Chief Financial Officer John Mulligan to the newly created role of chief operating officer.
- Darden names board member as CEO of REIT spinoff Updated: Aug-17-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - Darden board member Bill Lenehan was named Monday as the head the real estate investment trust that the restaurant operator plans to spin off later this year.