- Medals or mosquitoes? Zika still talk of Olympic golf Updated: May-24-16 6:09 pm
Olympic qualifying for golf ends in seven weeks, at which time players will have to determine if medals outweigh mosquitoes.
- Russell Knox gaining confidence going into key stretch Updated: May-24-16 2:43 pm
Russell Knox needed results before he could find confidence, and now his confidence is soaring.
- Donaldson narrowly gets into US Open at Oakmont Updated: May-23-16 2:45 pm
FAR HILLS, New Jersey - Jamie Donaldson's birdie-birdie finish to tie for 10th in the Irish Open moved him to No. 60 in the world and spared him from qualifying for the U.S. Open.
- Feherty to offer prime-time commentary for NBC at Olympics Updated: May-23-16 11:11 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - NBC Sports golf analyst David Feherty will offer commentary during the network's prime-time coverage at this summer's Rio Olympics and take part in the broadcast of the opening ceremony.
- Garcia beats Koepka with par on first playoff hole at Nelson Updated: May-22-16 8:28 pm
IRVING, Texas - Sergio Garcia shot a 62 the first round he played at the Byron Nelson and tied for third as a 19-year-old kid in 1999. He won there five years later, again with Lord Byron watching.
- Langer wins Regions Tradition for sixth major on senior tour Updated: May-22-16 8:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Bernhard Langer erased any doubt not long after his nearest challenger had all but conceded.
- McIlroy eagles last hole for 1st win of season at Irish Open Updated: May-22-16 6:49 pm
STRAFFAN, Ireland - Rory McIlroy eagled the final hole to cap his first victory of the season Sunday at the Irish Open, his home tournament where he's famously struggled over the years.
- On Golf: Mickelson's latest high risk is off the golf course Updated: May-20-16 2:43 am
Phil Mickelson never saw a shot he didn't think he could hit.
- Mickelson to lose $1M in SEC case involving Vegas gambler Updated: May-19-16 8:28 pm
NEW YORK - Phil Mickelson paid off a debt to a professional gambler with nearly $1 million that was unfairly reaped from an insider trading scheme, according to a federal investigation that led to two arrests but spared the golf great from criminal charges.
- The Latest: Phil Mickelson to repay $1 million in SEC case Updated: May-19-16 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on an SEC insider trading case involving golfer Phil Mickelson (all times local):
- Muirfield says 'no' to female members, off British Open list Updated: May-19-16 5:11 pm
Muirfield was stripped of its right to host the British Open after the Scottish club voted against admitting female members in a move that provoked sharp criticism from players and lawmakers Thursday.
- Muirfield just latest club to face discrimination backlash Updated: May-19-16 12:14 pm
The backlash engulfing Muirfield isn't the first time discrimination issues have had a negative impact on a potential site for a major golf championship.
- Greenbrier Classic to fans: Register online to get in free Updated: May-18-16 6:01 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The Greenbrier Classic has released details about giving golf fans free admission to the July tournament for the entire week.
- Motivated Spieth back home at Nelson, his 1st PGA Tour event Updated: May-18-16 11:58 am
IRVING, Texas - Jordan Spieth is back home, at the tournament he and his father have hopped a fence to watch and at the TPC course where as a 16-year-old he played his first PGA Tour event.
- Jason Day in it for the long haul Updated: May-17-16 5:31 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - To see him now, it's hard to believe Jason Day had only one victory in his first six years on the PGA Tour.
- Goosen receives special exemption to US Open Updated: May-17-16 3:10 pm
FAR HILLS, New Jersey - Two-time U.S. Open champion Retief Goosen has received a special exemption to this year's U.S. Open at Oakmont.
- Royal Troon consults members on allowing women to join club Updated: May-17-16 9:50 am
TROON, Scotland - Royal Troon Golf Club, the host of this year's British Open, is consulting members on whether its male-only membership policy should end.
- Greenbrier owner to state: Remove sponsorship of tournament Updated: May-16-16 6:39 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - In disgust over Republican criticism and the West Virginia Legislature's delay in implementing a budget, Democratic nominee for governor Jim Justice has asked lawmakers to remove a $1.75 million state sponsorship of the PGA Tour's Greenbrier Classic.
- Tiger says he is 'progressing nicely,' no date for return Updated: May-16-16 1:28 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Tiger Woods grimaced as he took three warmup swings after sitting in a chair for 30 minutes on a cool, blustery Monday morning at Congressional talking about his upcoming tournament. Hitting a ceremonial shot from a forward tee on the par-3 10th hole, he chunked his first attempt into the pond short of the green.
- Jason Day starting to draw comparisons with Tiger Woods Updated: May-16-16 12:12 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Nothing is good enough for Jason Day.
- Day dominates best field in golf to win Players Championship Updated: May-16-16 2:14 am
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Jason Day had a crystal trophy at his side and a pacifier in his pocket.
- Rahman takes lead at Mauritius Open after Dodt's collapse Updated: May-14-16 2:20 pm
BEAU CHAMPS, Mauritius - Siddikur Rahman shot 69 to lead the Mauritius Open after the third round on Saturday as overnight leader Andrew Dodt dropped seven shots on the back nine.
- Top Irish golfer Christy O'Connor Sr. dies at 91 Updated: May-14-16 9:25 am
VIRGINIA WATER, England - Christy O'Connor Sr., the Irish golfer who played on 10 Ryder Cup teams and was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame, died Saturday. He was 91.
- Day is leading and won't let up at Players Championship Updated: May-14-16 7:04 am
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Jason Day has been practically flawless for two days at The Players Championship, and equally relentless.
- Will Wilcox makes hole-in-one on 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass Updated: May-13-16 9:26 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Will Wilcox brought his entire family to watch his debut in The Players Championship. With one shot on the most famous hole at the TPC Sawgrass, he had a memory of a lifetime and a celebration that fit the occasion.