- Judge tosses lawsuit seeking fatal drugs for terminally ill Updated: Jul-27-15 6:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge on Monday dismissed a lawsuit against the state on behalf of three terminally ill Californians seeking doctor-prescribed fatal medication.
- California judge indicates dismissal of right-to-die lawsuit Updated: Jul-24-15 10:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - A judge strongly indicated Friday he will dismiss a lawsuit against the state by a single mom given only months to live and other California right-to-die advocates who want doctors to be allowed to prescribe fatal medication for terminally ill people.
- Family: French doctors seek protection in coma patient feud Updated: Jul-23-15 1:56 pm
REIMS, France - Doctors given a green light by a European court to end the life support for a comatose French man on Thursday sought help from prosecutors amid an escalating conflict between the man's family members.
- Former candidate asks Tennessee to allow assisted suicide Updated: Jul-10-15 7:17 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A former Democratic gubernatorial candidate who is terminally ill is asking a state court in Tennessee to declare he has a right to end his life when he wants and on his own terms.
- DC Council holding hearing on 'Death with Dignity' bill Updated: Jul-10-15 2:19 am
WASHINGTON - DC Council members are holding a hearing on a bill that would allow an adult with a terminal illness to get medication to end his or her life.
- Maryland right-to-die doctor's license revocation stands Updated: Jul-09-15 6:24 pm
BALTIMORE - A sympathetic judge on Thursday let a founder of the Final Exit Network explain his role in six Maryland suicides but refused to reinstate his medical license, saying the law left him no choice.
- Catholic Church gets win in liberal California Legislature Updated: Jul-08-15 8:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Catholic Church, often out of step with California's liberal Legislature, notched a prominent win at the statehouse this week after aligning with advocates for the disabled and medical groups to defeat a proposal to allow terminally ill patients to legally end their lives.
- Right to die: Colombian man ends life with government backup Updated: Jul-04-15 8:14 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dr. Gustavo Quintana walks out of a modest, two-floor apartment building in southern Bogota. Inside his black doctor's bag are vials containing anesthesia and muscle relaxants, a syringe and a rubber tourniquet. The man known in Colombia as Dr. Death has just ended the life of his 234th patient: a middle-aged woman suffering from incurable stomach cancer.