- Judge tosses conviction in NYC tourist killing; man freed Updated: Oct-06-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - After 25 years of trying to clear himself in a notorious tourist killing, Johnny Hincapie walked out of a courthouse Tuesday, his conviction overturned and his resolve intact.
- Djokovic and Nadal mix tennis with politics on Thailand trip Updated: Oct-02-15 8:17 am
BANGKOK - Two of the world's top tennis players, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal, came to Bangkok to earn a few million dollars for an exhibition match. But there were a few strings attached.
- Serena Williams withdraws from WTA Finals and China Open Updated: Oct-01-15 10:42 am
BEIJING - The 2015 season is over for Serena Williams.
- Sabine Lisicki to sit out rest of season with knee injury Updated: Sep-28-15 8:28 am
BERLIN - Sabine Lisicki says she will sit out the rest of the tennis season to heal a knee injury.
- US Open cost $700,000 for Pierce County taxpayers Updated: Sep-21-15 11:48 am
TACOMA, Washington - A preliminary look into how much it cost Pierce County to host the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay this year found that county taxpayers will cover about $700,000 of the $2 million price tag for security.
- Rep says Blake to meet with NYC mayor, police commissioner Updated: Sep-20-15 9:13 pm
NEW YORK - James Blake, the former tennis star who was tackled during a mistaken arrest by a New York City police officer plans to meet with the mayor and police commissioner, according to his spokeswoman.
- Pierce County expects to break even after hosting US Open Updated: Sep-20-15 2:48 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County officials say they're still tallying their bills after hosting the U.S. Open golf tournament at Chambers Bay, but they expect they'll at least break even.
- United States takes 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan in Davis Cup Updated: Sep-19-15 7:16 am
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan - A straightforward win in the doubles for Steve Johnson and Sam Querrey on Saturday lifted the United States to a 2-1 lead over Uzbekistan and the brink of victory in their Davis Cup World Group playoff.
- More than 1,000 fans welcome US Open champion Pennetta home Updated: Sep-18-15 4:35 pm
BRINDISI, Italy - More than a thousand fans have lined the streets of Flavia Pennetta's hometown of Brindisi, in southern Italy, to welcome back the U.S. Open champion.
- US Open champion Pennetta backs Rome to host 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-17-15 12:04 pm
MILAN - Newly crowned U.S. Open champion Flavia Pennetta is backing Rome's bid to host the 2024 Olympics.
- Absent Kyrios focus of attention before Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:07 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - As Britain prepares to take on Australia in the Davis Cup semifinals this week, the focus will be as much on who's missing as who will be taking the court in Glasgow.
- Serena Williams says US Open match was a win, not a loss Updated: Sep-16-15 8:25 am
NEW YORK - Serena Williams says her recent U.S. Open defeat was not a loss, but a win and a learning experience - and that she's happy for the opponent, Roberta Vinci, who derailed her quest for a Grand Slam.
- Fendrich On Tennis: Djokovic in Grand Slam driver's seat Updated: Sep-14-15 1:32 pm
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic could not find his keys.
- US Open champ Djokovic clinches year-end No. 1 for 4th time Updated: Sep-14-15 11:39 am
NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic's U.S Open title allowed him to clinch the year-end No. 1 ranking for the fourth time.
- What We Learned at US Open: Djokovic is gaining on Federer Updated: Sep-14-15 3:05 am
NEW YORK - For the second time in his career, Novak Djokovic ends a season with three Grand Slam titles. Unlike in 2011, though, he played in all four major finals this year.
- Djokovic beats Federer for 2nd US Open title, 10th major Updated: Sep-14-15 12:52 am
NEW YORK - After winning a point in the U.S. Open final, and bent on proving a point, Novak Djokovic leaped and roared and threw an uppercut, then glared at some of the thousands of spectators pulling for Roger Federer.
- The Latest on US Open: Djokovic beats Federer for title Updated: Sep-13-15 10:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Flavia Pennetta wins 1st major title in Grand Slam finale Updated: Sep-13-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Even Flavia Pennetta was a tiny bit disappointed that Serena Williams didn't complete the first Grand Slam since 1988 at the U.S. Open.
- Hingis, Mirza team to win US Open women's doubles title Updated: Sep-13-15 4:09 pm
NEW YORK - Martina Hingis earned her 11th Grand Slam women's doubles title and second at the U.S. Open.
- 'Build a Mount Rushmore' for Pennetta and Vinci Updated: Sep-13-15 7:47 am
ROME - Italy should build a Mount Rushmore-like monument for U.S. Open finalists Flavia Pennetta and Roberta Vinci.
- Italy's Fed Cup team laid groundwork for success at US Open Updated: Sep-12-15 8:47 am
ROME - The sudden success of Roberta Vinci and Flavia Pennetta isn't really so sudden.
- Italian PM Renzi flies to NY for all-Italian US Open final Updated: Sep-12-15 5:31 am
ROME - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi was flying to New York to attend the first all-Italian U.S. Open final.
- No. 1 Djokovic, No. 2 Federer easily reach US Open final Updated: Sep-11-15 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - At 34, and more than three years removed from his most recent Grand Slam title, Roger Federer arrived at this U.S. Open with some changes in store.
- Buy! Buy! Buy! Ticket prices drop after Serena loss Updated: Sep-11-15 10:04 pm
NEW YORK - Talk about a market crash.
- Williams earns a place on the biggest sports upset list Updated: Sep-11-15 7:27 pm
Serena Williams seemed destined to make history from the time she first stepped onto the court at the U.S. Open.