- Nadal beats Kuznetsov to reach 3rd round at Madrid Masters Updated: May-03-16 2:13 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal defeated Andrey Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-3 on Tuesday to win his 11th consecutive match this year and advance to the third round of the Madrid Masters.
- Federer withdraws from Madrid Masters because of back injury Updated: May-02-16 12:09 pm
MADRID - Roger Federer's injury woes continue.
- Murray with high expectations after breakthrough Madrid win Updated: May-02-16 10:59 am
MADRID - Andy Murray returns to the Madrid Masters with different expectations after his breakthrough win at the tournament a year ago.
- Almagro rallies to beat Carreno Busta for Estoril Open title Updated: May-01-16 4:55 pm
ESTORIL, Portugal - Nicolas Almagro recovered from a set down to beat fellow Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta 6-7 (6), 7-6 (5), 6-3 and win the Estoril Open final on Sunday.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Kohlschreiber defeats Thiem in 3 sets for 3rd BMW open title Updated: May-01-16 11:44 am
MUNICH - Philipp Kohlschreiber defeated Dominic Thiem of Austria 7-6 (7), 4-6, 7-6 (4) to win his third BMW Open title on Sunday.
- Agassi to face Bruguera in Atlanta Open exhibition Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
ATLANTA - Andre Agassi will face Sergi Bruguera in an exhibition as part of the Atlanta Open on July 31, providing a rematch of the 1996 Olympics gold medal final in Atlanta.
- Nadal to be Spain's flag-bearer at Rio Games Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is getting a second chance to be Spain's Olympic flag-bearer.
- Rafael Nadal wants his drug-test results made public Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
LONDON - Fed up with being accused of doping, Rafael Nadal has written to the president of the International Tennis Federation and asked for all of his drug-test results and blood profile records to be made public.
- Wimbledon prize money increased by 5 percent for 2016 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
LONDON - This year's men's and women's singles champions at Wimbledon will each receive nearly $3 million, as the Grand Slam tournament increases overall prize money by 5 percent.
- Official wary of athletes staying outside Olympic village Updated: Apr-25-16 2:26 pm
MADRID - Extra security measures may be needed to protect some athletes staying outside of the Olympic Village during the Rio de Janeiro Games, one of Brazil's top security officials said Monday.
- Nadal sues former French minister who accused him of doping Updated: Apr-25-16 12:24 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal filed suit Monday against a former French minister who accused him of doping, saying he needs to defend his integrity and image as an athlete.
- Fernando Verdasco wins Nastase Tiriac Trophy Updated: Apr-25-16 9:54 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Fernando Verdasco won his seventh ATP title by beating Lucas Pouille 6-3, 6-2 Monday in the Nastase Tiriac Trophy final.
- Nadal wins Barcelona Open, equals clay-court record Updated: Apr-24-16 4:37 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal beat defending champion Kei Nishikori 6-4, 7-5 to win the Barcelona Open for the ninth time on Sunday, equaling Guillermo Vilas' record of 49 career clay-court titles.
- Murray to remain outspoken against doping Updated: Apr-22-16 8:48 am
LONDON - Andy Murray plans to remain outspoken against doping, despite facing a backlash for some of his recent comments on performance-enhancing drugs in tennis.
- Serbia to host Britain on outdoor clay in Belgrade Updated: Apr-20-16 9:28 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia will host defending champion Britain on outdoor clay in central Belgrade in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
- Defending champion Czechs edge Swiss to reach Fed Cup final Updated: Apr-17-16 5:14 pm
LUCERNE, Switzerland - Two-time defending champion the Czech Republic advanced to the Fed Cup final after edging Switzerland 3-2 on Sunday, sealing victory in a decisive doubles rubber against Martina Hingis and unheralded Swiss star Viktorija Golubic.
- Rafael Nadal glad he won 9th Monte Carlo title the hard way Updated: Apr-17-16 4:56 pm
MONACO - Rafael Nadal is glad he won a ninth Monte Carlo Masters title the hard way, after defeating Frenchman Gael Monfils 7-5, 5-7, 6-0 in an error-strewn final Sunday.
- Petra Kvitova hires Frantisek Cermak as new coach Updated: Apr-14-16 9:36 am
PRAGUE - Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova says former doubles specialist Frantisek Cermak will be her new coach.
- French Open prize money raised 14 percent to 32 million Updated: Apr-14-16 9:19 am
PARIS - French Open prize money will increase by 14 percent this year, with the men's and women's champions winning 2 million euros ($2.25 million) each - an increase of 200,000 euros ($225,000).
- NY Empire makes World Team Tennis debut in Forest Hills Updated: Apr-13-16 9:45 am
NEW YORK - The New York Empire will face the five-time defending champion Washington Kastles for their World Team Tennis debut at the historic West Side Tennis Club.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Czech wrestler Petr Novak tests positive for meldonium Updated: Apr-12-16 4:15 am
PRAGUE - Czech wrestler Petr Novak has tested positive for meldonium, the first such case in the country.
- Federer confident his knee will hold up on return to action Updated: Apr-11-16 9:11 am
MONACO - Roger Federer fully expects his left knee to hold up when he returns to action at the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday, and the 17-time Grand Slam champion feels "mentally and physically" rested after more than two months out.
- Jack Sock, Juan Monaco reach US Men's Clay Court final Updated: Apr-10-16 12:06 am
HOUSTON - Fourth-seeded defending champion Jack Sock beat top-seeded John Isner 7-6 (4), 6-3 on Saturday in an all-American semifinal in the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship.