- French Open washed out for 1st time in 16 years Updated: May-30-16 1:13 pm
PARIS - Not so much the French Open as the French closed.
- The Latest: French Open says schedule 'not catastrophic' Updated: May-30-16 11:21 am
PARIS - The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- 'For the moment,' Djokovic plans to compete at Rio Olympics Updated: May-28-16 4:57 pm
PARIS - Top-ranked tennis player Novak Djokovic says canceling the Olympics "is unthinkable" and, "for the moment," he is still planning to compete at the Rio de Janiero Games, despite worries about the Zika virus.
- 9-time champion Nadal out of French Open with injured wrist Updated: May-27-16 12:08 pm
PARIS - Nine-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal pulled out of the Grand Slam tournament on Friday, citing an injury to his left wrist.
- Tennis pros need a CEO's head on top of strong shoulders Updated: May-27-16 2:32 am
PARIS - Two rounds of French Open tennis haven't come close to turning Marco Trungelliti into a millionaire.
- Virginia tops Oklahoma for NCAA men's tennis title Updated: May-25-16 12:35 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Henrik Wiersholm rallied from a 5-2 deficit in the second set for a 6-2, 7-6 victory over Andre Biro, clinching a 4-1 victory for Virginia over Oklahoma in the NCAA men's tennis final Tuesday night.
- Djokovic would like to see rankings points awarded in Rio Updated: May-24-16 1:39 pm
PARIS - Novak Djokovic would like to see tennis players at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics get ranking points from the ATP and WTA tours, the way they have at past Summer Games.
- Mauresmo explains coaching split with "complex" Murray Updated: May-21-16 3:00 pm
PARIS - Amelie Mauresmo has revealed the reasons for her coaching split with Andy Murray, explaining they "reached the end" of what they could achieve and he was a "complex" player to work with.
- Andy Murray heads into French Open in confident form on clay Updated: May-20-16 1:01 pm
PARIS - Andy Murray heads into the French Open buoyed by his form on clay, especially after handing top-ranked Novak Djokovic a stinging defeat recently.
- Djokovic and Nadal could meet in French Open semifinals Updated: May-20-16 12:31 pm
PARIS - In his quest to complete a career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic could have to beat nine-time champion Rafael Nadal in the French Open semifinals.
- Stan Wawrinka, Marin Cilic advance to Geneva Open final Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
GENEVA - Top-seeded Stan Wawrinka will play Marin Cilic for the Geneva Open title after both advanced from the semifinals on Friday.
- Security tightened at French Open in wake of attacks Updated: May-20-16 11:53 am
PARIS - Security will be tighter than ever at the French Open in the wake of the deadly attacks in Paris last November.
- Organizers: Monfils withdraws from French Open Updated: May-20-16 4:01 am
PARIS - French Open organizers say Gael Monfils has withdrawn from the clay-court Grand Slam tournament because of a viral infection.
- Federer out of French Open; 1st Slam he'll miss since 1999 Updated: May-19-16 2:41 pm
PARIS - Roger Federer pulled out of the French Open on Thursday, ending his record streak of appearing in 65 consecutive Grand Slam tournaments - every one since the start of 2000.
- Turkey to host new grass-court tournament in 2017 Updated: May-16-16 6:43 am
LONDON - The ATP says a new men's grass-court tournament will be held in Turkey next year as a warm-up to Wimbledon.
- Tomas Berdych fires coach Dani Vallverdu Updated: May-16-16 4:13 am
PRAGUE - Tomas Berdych says he has fired his coach Dani Vallverdu after a 17-month partnership.
- Heading to Paris, Murray gets a big birthday present in Rome Updated: May-15-16 3:01 pm
ROME - Andy Murray celebrated his 29th birthday by beating Novak Djokovic on clay for the first time to win the Italian Open title Sunday in a match that Djokovic argued should have been stopped due to rain.
- Estrella Burgos, Mannarino advance at Nice ATP event Updated: May-15-16 12:17 pm
NICE, France - Victor Estrella Burgos used a steadier serve to beat Denis Kudla 6-3, 6-2 in the opening round of the ATP tournament in Nice on Sunday.
- Italian tennis federation wants to host under-21 tournament Updated: May-15-16 11:24 am
ROME - The Italian tennis federation wants to host a year-end tournament in Milan or Turin starting next year for the world's top under-21 male players.
- Operation Puerto continues to shed bad light on Spain Updated: May-13-16 7:49 am
MADRID - Ten years later, one of the worst doping scandals in Spain continues to haunt the country's athletes.
- Tomic says he won't play for Australia at Olympics in Rio Updated: May-13-16 4:41 am
SYDNEY - Bernard Tomic ruled himself out of representing Australia at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, saying Friday that a busy playing schedule and personal circumstances were behind the decision.
- Del Potro skips French Open to focus on grass-court season Updated: May-12-16 4:27 pm
PARIS - Juan Martin del Potro will skip the French Open to focus on the grass-court season.
- Feliciano Lopez says he's skipping Olympics in Rio Updated: May-12-16 6:44 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Spanish tennis player Feliciano Lopez says he will not play at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Murray hopes Mauresmo split not seen as failure for women Updated: May-10-16 12:09 pm
ROME - Andy Murray hopes his split with Amelie Mauresmo isn't seen as a failure for women coaching top players.
- Djokovic beats Murray to win record 29th Masters title Updated: May-08-16 5:26 pm
MADRID - A decade after their first match, when they were a couple of promising teenagers, Novak Djokovic defeated Andy Murray again in Madrid, this time to win a record 29th career Masters title.