- Fritz youngest American in ATP semifinal since Chang in '89 Updated: Feb-12-16 10:44 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Teenager Taylor Fritz beat Benjamin Becker of Germany 6-4, 5-7, 7-6 (5) on Friday at the Memphis Open, becoming the youngest American to reach an ATP Tour semifinal since 1989.
- Klizan and Mahut win to set up Rotterdam semifinal Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
ROTTERDAM, Netherlands - Martin Klizan of Slovakia saved five match points before beating Roberto Bautista Agut on Friday and setting up a semifinal against French qualifier Nicolas Mahut at the World Tennis Tournament.
- Nadal into semifinals in Argentina; sets up match with Thiem Updated: Feb-12-16 5:35 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Defending champion Rafael Nadal has reached the semifinals of the Argentina Open with a 7-6 (3), 6-2 victory over Paolo Lorenzi of Italy on clay in the Argentine capital.
- Andy Murray becomes first-time father with birth of girl Updated: Feb-09-16 11:21 am
LONDON - Andy Murray has become a father for the first time after his wife, Kim Sears, gave birth to a girl.
- Victor Estrella Burgos retains his Ecuador Open title Updated: Feb-07-16 3:54 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic rallied from a set down to beat Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Sunday to retain his title on clay in the Ecuador Open in Quito.
- Gasquet beats Mathieu to retain Open Sud de France title Updated: Feb-07-16 3:07 pm
MONTPELLIER, France - Top-seeded Richard Gasquet overcame abdominal pains to defend his Open Sud de France title with a 7-5, 6-4 win against Paul-Henri Mathieu in an all-French final on Sunday.
- Bautista-Agut downs Troicki to win Sofia Open Updated: Feb-07-16 1:51 pm
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Roberto Bautista Agut defeated Viktor Troicki to win the inaugural Sofia Open on Sunday for his fourth career title.
- Roger Federer has knee surgery, will skip 2 tournaments Updated: Feb-03-16 8:18 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Roger Federer has had knee surgery and will miss tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai this month.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney Updated: Jan-27-16 4:28 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Serena Williams will be joined by big sister Venus in the women's field for the BNP Paribas Open in March, a year after Serena returned to the desert tournament in an end to her 14-year boycott.
- Ouachita picked to win Great American tennis crown Updated: Jan-27-16 3:47 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - Tennis coaches in the Great American Conference have picked four-time GAC tournament champion Ouachita to win the league's men's title this season.
- Tennis to review integrity unit to restore public confidence Updated: Jan-27-16 5:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Tennis leaders are taking steps at damage control as they grapple with allegations of match-fixing in recent media reports, which have cast a shadow over the first Grand Slam of the year and shaken confidence in the integrity of the sport.
- Federer vs Djokovic in Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-26-16 8:46 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Novak Djokovic has a larger than life presence at the Australian Open.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Connecticut Open becomes stop on men's senior series Updated: Jan-25-16 1:12 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Andre Agassi and John McEnroe have agreed to play this summer at The Connecticut Open tennis tournament, which has been added as a stop on the tour for over-30 men's players.
- Roger Federer's wisdom on tennis and life for his kids Updated: Jan-25-16 9:00 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Over the course of his celebrated career, Roger Federer has acquired wisdom on the tennis courts that translates to life lessons which he hopes his children can learn from.
- Isner makes 2nd week at Aussie Open for 1st time since 2010 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:10 am
- Raonic dedicates Melbourne win to Canadian shooting victims Updated: Jan-23-16 1:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Milos Raonic dedicated his third-round victory at the Australian Open on Saturday to victims of a shooting in Canada which left four people dead and at least two injured.
- Brady-Manning among the best rivalries in sports Updated: Jan-22-16 10:48 am
Tom Brady has more championship rings. Peyton Manning has nearly all the passing records.
- Adopted Aussie Gavrilova excites the crowds with upset wins Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Russian-born Daria Gavrilova hasn't been an Australian citizen for very long, only receiving her passport in December and permission to represent the country at WTA Tour events.
- Healthy Nishikori back in Australian Open round of 16 Updated: Jan-22-16 4:08 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Kei Nishikori came to the Australian Open this year hoping to put his injury-ravaged 2015 season behind him.
- Lleyton Hewitt retires in farewell at Australian Open Updated: Jan-21-16 10:17 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Baseball cap turned backward, pumping himself up with cries of "C'MON!" Lleyton Hewitt fought one last feisty encounter. Then he gathered his three young kids on center court and said farewell.