- The Latest: Hawaii advances bills on hot classrooms, ferries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature negotiating dozens of bills before a deadline (all times local):
- Federal investigators fault VA review of Texas wait times Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Federal authorities have determined that an investigation by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs into the manipulation of wait times for Texas veterans seeking care was "deficient and unreasonable."
- Not guilty plea in Chandler hit-and-run that injured vet Updated: Apr-29-16 4:01 pm
PHOENIX - A man arrested in a hit-and-run accident that injured a veteran in Chandler last month has pleaded not guilty.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Memorial set for 25 WWII US soldiers lost in Italian lake Updated: Apr-29-16 8:43 am
ALBANY, New York - A trio of U.S. Army veterans has teamed up to establish a memorial in Italy to the 25 American soldiers who drowned in an Alpine lake when their amphibious vehicle sank during World War II.
- Lumberton stream named in honor of WWII veteran Updated: Apr-29-16 3:20 am
LUMBERTON, Mississippi - A stream in Lumberton has been named in honor of a World War II veteran who frequented the area for hunting and fishing.
- VA hospital: No personal info on stolen computer Updated: Apr-28-16 4:18 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Officials with a Veterans Affairs hospital in Providence say a computer was stolen out of the basement of the hospital more than a year ago, and that patients were never notified.
- Manchester VA improves number of claims paid, officials say Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Officials with the Manchester VA Medical Center say they have more than doubled the amount of claims paid out following complaints over delayed payments to local health care providers through the Veterans Choice Program.
- MTSU names veterans' center for Charlie and Hazel Daniels Updated: Apr-28-16 2:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University has named a new support center for military veterans who are students there in honor of country music singer Charlie Daniels and his wife, Hazel.
- Veteran groups sue federal agency over Lejeune water claims Updated: Apr-28-16 1:12 pm
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Three veterans' groups have sued the Department of Veterans Affairs over its handling of claims about contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.
- Trooper hit by motorcycle, arrest made at Vegas crash scene Updated: Apr-28-16 12:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - An officer says a veteran Nevada Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a motorcycle struck him at the scene of an earlier crash on a busy freeway ramp in Las Vegas.
- British Court rejects bid from expats for voting rights Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 am
LONDON - A British court has ruled that Britons who have lived abroad for more than 15 years do not have the right to vote in the June 23 referendum on Britain's continued membership in the European Union.
- Rockefeller legacy exhibit open at West Virginia University Updated: Apr-28-16 4:14 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - The West Virginia and Regional History Center is chronicling the legacy of former Sen. Jay Rockefeller in Wise Library's Rockefeller Gallery at West Virginia University.
- Maine delivery man sentenced for stealing package from VA Updated: Apr-28-16 12:41 am
BANGOR, Maine - A judge has ruled that a Glenburn man will spend two years on probation for stealing a package belonging to the Veterans Administration while he was employed as a delivery man.
- Congressman: VA hospital on track to stay within new budget Updated: Apr-27-16 7:32 pm
DENVER - Congressman Mike Coffman says a VA hospital under construction in Aurora is on schedule and on track to come in within its current budget of $1.7 billion.
- US honors Puerto Ricans who fought, died in segregated unit Updated: Apr-27-16 6:28 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Angel Acevedo looked down at the Congressional Gold Medal in his hands as his eyes welled with tears during a ceremony held Wednesday to honor Puerto Ricans like him who faced discrimination and waited decades to be recognized for fighting several wars under the last segregated unit in combat.
- Report: VA office in Kansas manipulated data on appeals Updated: Apr-27-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Veterans Affairs regional office in Kansas listed erroneous medical conditions for three dozen patients who were appealing rejected claims - an apparent effort to speed up the review process that might have had the opposite effect, government investigators found.
- Gov. Snyder takes interim tag off director of vets agency Updated: Apr-27-16 2:19 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The interim director of Michigan's Veterans Affairs Agency is dropping the temporary tag.
- Alabama VFW official arrested on theft charge Updated: Apr-27-16 11:48 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama leader of a national veterans group has been arrested on a charge of embezzling from the organization.
- Dayton VA Medical Center director to head Cincinnati VA Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 pm
CINCINNATI - The medical director of the Dayton VA Medical Center will become acting director of the VA medical facility in Cincinnati, where investigators said this year that they had found misconduct related to some officials.
- House adds funds for veterans, environment in state budget Updated: Apr-26-16 5:27 pm
BOSTON - House lawmakers have tacked more than $20 million on to the proposed state budget as they continue debate on the nearly $40 billion spending plan.
- Another patient accuses former VA employee of sex abuse Updated: Apr-26-16 4:48 pm
LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - Another patient has filed a lawsuit accusing a former physician assistant at the Veteran's Administration hospital in Kansas of sexual abuse.
- GOP pushes tax credits as California budget work heats up Updated: Apr-26-16 3:12 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - As the deadline approaches for Gov. Jerry Brown to release his revised budget proposal, Senate Republicans are advocating a series of tax breaks they say would help low-income families.
- Man shot by deputy charged with shooting into VFW hall Updated: Apr-26-16 10:34 am
HALIFAX, Virginia - Authorities have charged a man they say shot at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall in Virginia, injuring four people, and was then shot by a sheriff's deputy.
- Group sets new goals after housing homeless New Orleans vets Updated: Apr-26-16 4:21 am
NEW ORLEANS - The coalition that made New Orleans the first city to say it had ended chronic homelessness among veterans is expanding its goals across the board.