- Dallas-area woman veteran bell ringer for Salvation Army Updated: Nov-30-15 1:22 pm
MANSFIELD, Texas - The rain pours down, and Bernice Mitchner smiles.
- WWII veteran Maj. Henry 'Duke' Boswell dies at 91 Updated: Nov-30-15 10:35 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs resident and World War II Army veteran Maj. Henry "Duke" Boswell has died. He was 91.
- Knoxville Vietnam veterans plan return trip Updated: Nov-30-15 6:10 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A group of Knoxville veterans will be traveling to Vietnam for a weeklong trip.
- Cheyenne VA interim director aims for trust after scandal Updated: Nov-28-15 7:15 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The new interim director of the Cheyenne Veterans Affairs Medical Center is looking to rebuild trust in the local facility that is trying to move past a patient scheduling scandal.
- Functional end to veteran homelessness to grow in New Mexico Updated: Nov-28-15 4:02 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Las Cruces is among 13 cities in the country to functionally end veteran homelessness, and advocates say Albuquerque and Santa Fe aren't far behind.
- Tomah VA Medical Center launches 100-day improvement plan Updated: Nov-28-15 2:44 pm
TOMAH, Wisconsin - The Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center says it has adopted another plan to improve patient care.
- Vietnam-era veterans receive well-deserved recognition Updated: Nov-28-15 8:01 am
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Serving in one of the most disputed wars in American history, Vietnam, meant many of those in the Ballard Park gym on Nov. 23 never received a genuine "thank you" upon their return from combat.
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in VA hospital water Updated: Nov-27-15 5:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Veterans Affairs officials say they've detected the bacteria that causes Legionnaires' disease in water samples at the Minneapolis hospital.
- Clark County leaders commit to helping veterans Updated: Nov-27-15 5:05 am
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - United States Marine Corps Sgt. Will King was sitting in the Clark County jail when he first heard about the Veterans Court program in Floyd County.
- Homeless vet dies months after attack outside gas station Updated: Nov-26-15 11:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A homeless veteran has died months after he was brutally beaten by a group of people outside a Philadelphia gas station.
- Widows: Railroad knew of defect before veterans killed Updated: Nov-26-15 12:05 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Intensive care nurse Angie Boivin had just tended to a woman whose leg was severed near the hip when she saw her husband Larry lying nearby under an American flag blanket. She says that she was with him when he took his last breath.
- Mitchell VFW seeking $250K for renovations Updated: Nov-26-15 11:59 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell veterans group is undertaking a massive fundraising effort to renovate their new building.
- Plan to move veterans memorial with 'Jesus fish' to continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:17 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Officials say they will continue with their plan to move a veterans memorial that bears a covered ichthus, or "Jesus fish," from the Boone County Courthouse grounds.
- A veteran's memories Updated: Nov-25-15 2:16 pm
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Several of World War II veteran Harry R. Chipp's war stories sound like the stuff of nightmares.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- After vet felled by PTSD, service dog Honor aids family now Updated: Nov-24-15 12:03 pm
CLYDE, North Carolina - Part of the Labrador retriever's training was to sense when the demons of war had invaded Wade Baker's dreams.
- Local veteran donates Vietnam Wall to Iron Mountain museum Updated: Nov-24-15 7:26 am
IRON MOUNTAIN, Michigan - A local Vietnam veteran has donated a wall honoring fallen servicemen from six surrounding counties for permanent display in the World War II Glider & Military Museum in Iron Mountain.
- Vermont VA chief heads to Phoenix Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is moving the chief of its hospital in White River Junction, Vermont, to oversee its troubled facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Group donates van to assist veterans on Pine Ridge Updated: Nov-23-15 7:26 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A support group for military families has donated a 10-passenger van to the Oglala Sioux Tribe to help veterans living on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- New director appointed at Phoenix VA hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 am
PHOENIX - The Department of Veterans Affairs has named a new director to take over its embattled Phoenix medical center.
- Veterans on Patrol operates 3 camps to watch over homeless Updated: Nov-22-15 2:14 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Veterans on Patrol is operating camps for homeless individuals in Arizona and expanding outreach in Tucson to other parts of the community.
- Army veteran and his family get keys to new Marietta home Updated: Nov-22-15 10:40 am
MARIETTA, Georgia - Donnell Davis served his country in the U.S. Army for eight years.
- 2 VA officials demoted amid job-manipulation allegations Updated: Nov-20-15 7:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Two high-ranking officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs were demoted Friday in response to allegations that they manipulated the agency's hiring system for their own gain.