- Francis Wick named CEO of family newspaper chain Updated: Feb-08-16 6:07 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Wick Communications has named the grandson of the newspaper chain's co-founder as its new president and CEO.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Feb-08-16 8:01 am
The Detroit News. Feb. 5, 2016
- Kansas student newspaper sues administrators Updated: Feb-06-16 6:27 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The student newspaper at the University of Kansas has filed a lawsuit accusing university administrators of approving funding cuts to the newspaper that were enacted after an editorial critical of the student Senate.
- Newspaper loses court ruling on school records request Updated: Feb-06-16 4:11 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A state district judge has ruled against the Wyoming Tribune Eagle in a lawsuit over access to public records.
- Teacher charged with sexual acts with a student in Alabama Updated: Feb-06-16 2:56 pm
ENTERPRISE, Alabama - Police say a high school teacher in Alabama has been arrested on a sex-related charge involving him and a student.
- Association honors work by Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Des Moines Register was named Friday as the Iowa Newspaper Association 2016 "Newspaper of the Year."
- Iowa APME contest winners Updated: Feb-05-16 6:17 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa APME Newswriting and Photo Contest Winners:
- Memories of 50 Super Bowls and how the game was named Updated: Feb-05-16 5:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Norma Hunt was buying some gifts for her young children in a Dallas toy store when she came across some balls that bounced so high they could go over a small house.
- Adelson family announces new Las Vegas Review-Journal editor Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - The family of billionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson says the Las Vegas Review-Journal has a new editor.
- Samantha Bee's 'Full Frontal' on TBS ready to cause a buzz Updated: Feb-05-16 2:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - After a day of dutifully answering reporters' questions about her new TBS show, "Full Frontal," Samantha Bee confesses to an urgent desire.
- Media leaders urge tougher protection for journalists Updated: Feb-05-16 12:33 pm
PARIS - World media executives are urging governments to stop looking at journalists as the enemy, and to better protect reporters covering wars, crime and corruption.
- Chicago cameraman covering Super Bowl 50 robbed at gunpoint Updated: Feb-04-16 12:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Chicago television cameraman in San Francisco to cover Super Bowl 50 was robbed of his camera at gunpoint earlier this week, the latest in a string of robberies targeting journalists and their pricey equipment in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Latest: Kansas man pleads guilty to 2 counts in bomb plot Updated: Feb-03-16 2:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The latest on a Kansas man charged in an alleged plot to bomb an Army post (all times local):
- Ex-El Diario editor nominated as New York secretary of state Updated: Feb-03-16 12:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - The former longtime editor of the Spanish-language newspaper El Diario has been tapped to be New York's secretary of state.
- Newspaper sells property to raise money for new press Updated: Feb-03-16 5:01 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The owner of the Portland Press Herald has sold and then leased back the building that houses a printing plant to raise money for a new press.
- McCollum expands his media career while inspiring kids Updated: Feb-01-16 7:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - While many athletes figure they'll pursue media careers after their playing days are over, Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum sees no reason why he can't have it all now.
- Michael Feeney, 'tenacious journalist,' dies at 32 Updated: Feb-01-16 9:35 am
NEW YORK - Michael J. Feeney, a former reporter for The New York Daily News and former president of the New York Association of Black Journalists, died Sunday. He was 32.
- Recent editorials published in Nebraska newspapers Updated: Feb-01-16 9:05 am
Omaha World-Herald. Jan. 29, 2016
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-01-16 9:05 am
The Des Moines Register. Jan. 28, 2016
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jan-26-16 1:02 pm
The Munster Times. Jan. 22, 2016
- Excerpts from recent editorials by newspapers in Illinois Updated: Jan-25-16 6:53 pm
January 25, 2016
- Washtenaw County judge uses Outreach Court for homeless Updated: Jan-25-16 4:11 am
DETROIT - During her first day as a newspaper reporter at The Daily Tribune in Royal Oak, Judge Elizabeth "Libby" Pollard Hines, of the 15th District Court in Ann Arbor, learned she was admitted to the University of Michigan Law School.
- Publisher of National Catholic Reporter retires Updated: Jan-24-16 3:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tom Fox, publisher of the National Catholic Reporter, has announced his retirement after a long career with the independent newsweekly that covered the clergy sex abuse scandal in the 1980s and later called for the removal of a bishop convicted of failing to report abuse.
- Media General Inc. Chairman Bryan dies at 77 Updated: Jan-24-16 11:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Media General Inc. Chairman John Stewart Bryan III, the former publisher of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, has died. He was 77.
- Newspapers in Casper, Powell and Lovell named best of 2016 Updated: Jan-23-16 11:02 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Newspapers in Casper, Powell and Lovell were named the best in the state on Saturday during the Wyoming Press Association's annual winter convention here.