- Israel fills UN hall for anti-BDS conference Updated: May-31-16 7:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Over 1,500 students filled the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday for a conference sponsored by the Israeli mission on how best to combat a movement on many U.S. campuses calling for a boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign against Israel over its treatment of the Palestinians.
- Connecticut students protest, call for more diversity Updated: May-31-16 2:23 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Students at a Connecticut public charter school are protesting what they say is a lack of diversity among the staff.
- Police arrest 2 people during zoo parking protest Updated: May-31-16 1:39 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Two people have been arrested following a protest over zoo parking at Overton Park in Memphis.
- Bahrain releases prominent activist from prison Updated: May-31-16 12:17 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahraini authorities have released prominent rights activist Zainab al-Khawaja on humanitarian grounds after two and a half months behind bars, her sister told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
- Puerto Rico taxi, tourist bus system hit by Uber protest Updated: May-31-16 11:39 am
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico's capital is being hit by a protest against the anticipated arrival of ride-booking service Uber.
- Strikes test relevance of France's leading militant union Updated: May-31-16 9:55 am
NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRAVENCHON, France - Outside Gate A of the ExxonMobil oil refinery, the strike was fizzling.
- Indonesia detains hundreds demanding release of prisoners Updated: May-31-16 9:04 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian police on Tuesday detained more than 300 demonstrators who were demanding the release of political prisoners in restive Papua province, a rights group said.
- Soccer hooliganism still a threat heading into Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 9:02 am
PARIS - Hooliganism is making a comeback, and the timing could be bad with four high-risk matches in the first week of the European Championship in a country where the police force is already under huge strain.
- Snoop Dogg calls for boycott of 'Roots' remake Updated: May-31-16 8:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Count Snoop Dogg out when it comes to watching the History Channel's remake of "Roots."
- France braces for more strikes, gas shortage continues Updated: May-31-16 7:21 am
PARIS - France is bracing for new strikes this week and continues to face a gasoline shortage, with six out of height refineries blocked or partially disrupted by protests against a labor law.
- Animal rights activists disrupt Sanders rally in Oakland Updated: May-31-16 12:08 am
OAKLAND, California - A group of animal rights activists briefly interrupted a Bernie Sanders rally in Northern California when they jumped barricades and tried to rush the podium.
- Nigeria: Security forces kill oil militants, separatists Updated: May-30-16 7:10 pm
WARRI, Nigeria - Nigerian security forces clashed with oil militants and Biafran secessionists in separate bloody confrontations Monday that killed at least 20 civilians and two police officers, officials and witnesses. The violence erupted in Nigeria's restive south as the military mounted an offensive in the oil rich south-central Niger Delta and separatists protested in the southeast.
- Pueblo shield withdrawn from Paris artifacts auction Updated: May-30-16 6:00 pm
PARIS - A French auction house withdrew a Pueblo shield from a contested sale of Native American artifacts Monday after protests from the United States.
- Poland's ruling party leader vague on support for EU's Tusk Updated: May-30-16 11:28 am
WARSAW, Poland - The leader of Poland's ruling party said Monday the government isn't ready to confirm whether it will support a second term for European Council head Donald Tusk.
- Hong Kong activist beaten by police sentenced to prison Updated: May-30-16 8:45 am
HONG KONG - A Hong Kong activist whose beating by police was caught on video was sentenced Monday to five weeks in prison on charges related to the confrontation, stirring outrage among pro-democracy supporters.
- Denied licenses, immigrants plan march across Rhode Island Updated: May-30-16 8:03 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Immigrants who aren't allowed to drive are planning a long march across Rhode Island to protest political inaction on legislation that would have granted driver's licenses to people in the country illegally.
- Cambodian police reach deal with opposition on protest Updated: May-30-16 7:57 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Police in Cambodia blocked an opposition protest march on Monday, but avoided possible violence by allowing a convoy of opposition lawmakers to drive through to present a petition complaining of government intimidation to the king.
- French unions plan strikes to disrupt trains, ports, flights Updated: May-30-16 6:40 am
PARIS - Travelers beware: French labor unions plan a string of strikes in the coming days that will target trains, the Paris subway system, ports and possibly airports.
- Parishioners hold last service at church after 11-year vigil Updated: May-29-16 4:27 pm
SCITUATE, Massachusetts - For more than 11 years, a core group of about 100 die-hard parishioners of St. Frances X. Cabrini Church kept their beloved parish open by maintaining an around-the-clock vigil in a peaceful protest of a decision by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston to close it.
- Police: 1 man cited in protest at commissioner's home Updated: May-29-16 3:09 pm
RANDOLPH, Vermont - Vermont state police say they have cited a Plainfield man for unlawful trespass in connection with a protest on the lawn of Public Service Commissioner Christopher Recchia last week.
- Police charge 4 after brawl at Northfield intersection Updated: May-28-16 2:52 pm
NORTHFIELD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire police have arrested four men on riot charges after a brawl at the scene of an accident at an intersection in Northfield.
- Anti-Islam speech draws protesters Updated: May-28-16 2:07 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - Scores of protesters stood in the rain outside a St. Cloud church to denounce a speech by a critic of Islam.
- Albania opposition boycotts Parliament, blocks reform bill Updated: May-28-16 9:04 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albania's main opposition Democratic Party again has decided to boycott Parliament in response to the legislature's suspension of its former leader, Sali Berisha.
- The Latest: About 12 arrested at San Diego Trump rally Updated: May-27-16 9:54 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Latest on protests at Donald Trump campaign events in California (all times local):
- 3 protesters at Trump's Fountain Hills rally enter plea deal Updated: May-27-16 9:02 pm
PHOENIX - Three protesters arrested for blocking a road at Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's rally near Phoenix two months ago have accepted a plea agreement.