- Tens of thousands of students protest in Nepalese capital Updated: Nov-27-15 3:01 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Tens of thousands of students held hands, waved banners and chanted slogans in Nepal's capital Friday to protest against a border blockade that has caused severe shortages of fuel and an increase in food prices in the Himalayan country.
- Super Bowl of shopping starts Updated: Nov-27-15 2:01 am
The Super Bowl of shopping had an early start again this year, but the game isn't over yet.
- Protest over Chicago teen's shooting set for retail district Updated: Nov-27-15 1:48 am
CHICAGO - After days of protests in Chicago since the release of a video showing a black teenager shot 16 times by a white police officer, demonstrators were poised to disrupt Black Friday shopping with a march through the heart of the city's most famous retail district.
- The Latest: March planned along Michigan Avenue in Chicago Updated: Nov-27-15 1:44 am
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family Updated: Nov-27-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Big balloons, heavy security for NYC Thanksgiving parade Updated: Nov-26-15 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Americans paused Thursday to celebrate their blessings despite terrorism fears and racial tensions over fatal police shootings across the country. A record number of police officers patrolled the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York, while St. Louis resumed its annual parade, canceled last year amid protests over Michael Brown's death.
- Protesters gather for Thanksgiving meal in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-26-15 5:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Protesters and community members dined on donated pies, macaroni and cheese and traditional Thanksgiving fare Thursday outside a Minneapolis police station that has been the site of ongoing demonstrations since an officer fatally shot a black man earlier this month.
- Anti-fur activists to target New Hampshire Fish and Game Updated: Nov-26-15 2:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Animal rights activists are targeting the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, which is deciding whether to restore hunting and trapping season for bobcats.
- Stranded migrants in clashes at Greece-Macedonia border Updated: Nov-26-15 11:56 am
IDOMENI, Greece - Hundreds of migrants stranded at Greece's northern border clashed with police Thursday while trying to force their way into Macedonia.
- Greek pensioners take to streets ahead of expected cuts Updated: Nov-26-15 10:22 am
ATHENS, Greece - More than 2,000 pensioners chanting "We can't live on 300 euros" marched through central Athens Thursday to protest plans by the country's left-wing government to overhaul the pension system.
- Wal-Mart workers to protest for higher pay, full-time hours Updated: Nov-26-15 4:15 am
WASHINGTON - Wal-Mart workers in Washington and other cities will be spending Black Friday protesting for higher wages.
- The Latest: DOJ representatives attend Minneapolis protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups returned to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.
- Death of man in police custody sparks riots in Egypt Updated: Nov-25-15 3:32 pm
CAIRO - A senior Egyptian police official and witnesses say the death of a man in police custody has sparked riots in the southern Luxor province, wounding four policemen and at least one civilian.
- Seattle police prepare for Black Lives Matter protest Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 12:38 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police are preparing for a planned Black Lives Matter protest at a downtown Seattle tree-lighting ceremony.
- Students rally for staff members facing potential job loss Updated: Nov-25-15 11:55 am
MARTIN, Tennessee - Dozens of students and staff members from the University of Tennessee at Martin rallied on Tuesday in support of maintenance employees who could potentially lose their jobs.
- Daniels creates Purdue safety panel after student protest Updated: Nov-25-15 11:28 am
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University is forming a campus safety relations committee following a student demonstration to protest problems with racism at the school's main campus.
- Providence's dancing cop says he was fired over protest Updated: Nov-24-15 9:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's famous dancing cop said he was fired Tuesday from directing holiday traffic for organizing a protest last month against a Dunkin' Donuts worker who wrote "#blacklivesmatter" on another police officer's coffee cup in Rhode Island.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Nov-24-15 8:31 pm
The Dallas Morning News. Nov. 23, 2015.
- Clinton to speak in Montgomery for Bus Boycott anniversary Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Hillary Clinton will headline an event commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- 93 percent of riot-damaged Baltimore business have reopened Updated: Nov-24-15 3:14 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's economic development agency says 93 percent of the businesses damaged by rioting, looting and arson in April have reopened.
- Rally against hate crime draws hundreds at San Diego school Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 am
SAN DIEGO - Hundreds of people participated in a demonstration at San Diego State University after a report of a hate crime against a Muslim student.
- Dartmouth president condemns reported conduct during protest Updated: Nov-24-15 4:57 am
HANOVER, New Hampshire - The president of Dartmouth College has condemned reports of aggressive behavior during a Black Lives Matter protest earlier this month.
- News Guide: Questions remain in Minnesota police shooting Updated: Nov-24-15 4:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The fatal shooting of a black man by a Minneapolis police officer has prompted more than a week of protests and led to calls for answers as state and federal investigators continue to piece together what happened.
- Rival campaign, protesters gear up as Trump hits Ohio Updated: Nov-23-15 5:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ahead of Donald Trump's first Ohio campaign stop Monday, supporters of Gov. John Kasich's presidential bid said that the Ohio Republican has the resume to avoid making the type of inflammatory statements that are tripping up GOP rivals who lack similar government experience.